Edinburgh somemodeofpublictransportcrawl.

philpy

Right, there is Glasgow subcrawl which took place at the weekend, and now the coagies are getting their bus crawl sorted. Is it time to get one for Edinburgh organised?? I'd be happy to help organise this if anyone was up for it. Obviously the trams are out, leaving the buses as the only main option, if anyone has any ideas of alternative methods of transport, or possible routes, fire away.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, there is Glasgow subcrawl which took place at the weekend, and now the coagies are getting their bus crawl sorted. Is it time to get one for Edinburgh organised?? I'd be happy to help organise this if anyone was up for it. Obviously the trams are out, leaving the buses as the only main option, if anyone has any ideas of alternative methods of transport, or possible routes, fire away.

Edinburgh's easily got the best bus service in Scotland (£3.50 day pass too if I remember correctly). Why even consider other options?!

Push the boat out and do an aeroplane crawl.

I though all you Edinburgh folk were minted anyway.

Edinburgh's served by Ryanair - who needs to be minted?!

You lot could probably get to Dublin cheaper than I can get to Dundee on the train!

... or jump on one of those hop-on-hop-off City Sightseeing buses and tell the tourists some made up shite between stops.

"and this pub we're going to was where Bonnie Prince Charlie was hidden fae the Redcoats by a man called John Yogi Hughes in 1632..."

... or jump on one of those hop-on-hop-off City Sightseeing buses and tell the tourists some made up shite between stops.

"and this pub we're going to was where Bonnie Prince Charlie was hidden fae the Redcoats by a man called John Yogi Hughes in 1632..."

Closest to worthwhile so far

Can't be too long before the Tram Slam is an option

Probably we should just accept we should've dropped all plans and done the subcrawl

Seriously though, if you were doing this, scrap the public transport and just go from one end of Rose Street to the other.

That's probably a good idea. Edinburgh being a wee toon (:P) you don't really need the public transport. A lot of pubs are quite close together. You could even do a double crawl finishing in the Grassmarket area.

That's probably a good idea. Edinburgh being a wee toon (:P) you don't really need the public transport. A lot of pubs are quite close together. You could even do a double crawl finishing in the Grassmarket area.

Forgive me if I've got this all wrong, but is the whole novelty of these things not ending up in some pubs that you'd normally never set foot in? Doing a crawl of the overpriced New / Old Town wouldn't really be what I'd expect. I'm on the Dundee one instead but I'd want a dive in Craigmillar / Niddrie / Pilton (or wherever) thrown in there somewhere if I was going. As somebody on the other thread said, it should show the place "in all it's grime and glory". Unlike the tourists, you know as well as I do that Edinburgh has its fair share of grime.

Archived