Favourite bands / solo artists

YER SISTERS YER MAW

:( Come on guys.

I don't see what's wrong with including Eminem in a top 5.

I love all kinds of music. Stuff as diverse as The Beatles, Ludovico Einaudi, Nas and Hopsin would also be close to making my top 5. And I'm a fan of a lot of Ne-Yo's and Chris Brown's music (although I hate the way their music is now developing into unoriginal shitty club music). I also like a lot of Creed's stuff.

Music is subjective. As far as I'm concerned, if a song is good, it's good regardless of genre. I'm a huge sucker for wordplay and stuff like that. So when good music is mixed with impressive lyricism, it's more than just music for me. That's why Eminem is my number one choice. Keane have a reputation for being a bit bland, but I'd recommend listening to their 2nd album 'Under the Iron Sea'. Really dark stuff at times which evokes plenty of emotions and really advances things from the first album without losing what makes them an excellent group of musicians in my opinion. I admit I was a little disappointed with Ed Sheeran's debut album. Some good tunes, but also a number of samey-samey ballads. Still love him though. Been a fan of him since before he became really well-known, and I'm a huge fan of the mixtape stuff he does with grime rappers like Wretch 32 and P Money, as well as his EP with Yelawolf. He also provides my biggest inspiration for the music I write myself. So, that's the reasoning behind my choices.

• 2 years later...

Ben Folds / Ben Folds Five

Kate Miller-Heidke

Rufus Wainwright

Barenaked Ladies

Rilo Kiley

2-5 are in no particular order and change all the time. I was struggling to get it down from 8 to 5. sad.gif

I've been listening to much more TMBG of late but my favourites are pretty much the same:

1. Ben Folds / Ben Folds Five

2. They Might Be Giants

3. Rilo Kiley / Jenny Lewis

4. Barenaked Ladies

5. Rufus Wainwright

My list changes every few days or so, barring the top onetongue.gif

Arctic Monkeys

The View

David Bowie

The Jam

Graham Coxon

Still very much the same, though I'd stick either Oasis/Stone Roses/Lou Reed/Iggy Pop (and their respective bands) in place of Graham Coxon. Hard to pick just one out of that list as I go through stages for each artist every now and then.