XCOM - Enemy Unknown

P.C

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Xcom 2 was released for the consoles a few days back. Anyone pick it up? 

Thought Enemy Unknown was a great game and so far this is the same. It is very similar to the first game although there is usually a restriction on how many turns you have to complete missions. This makes you have to be  less cautious rather than inching forward and then putting the full squad in overwatch. You do start most missions concealed and can sent up an ambush before revealing yourself. 

Some of the random soldiers I've have been assigned have been really different in appearance but the start of with the same base stats whereas am sure it was random Enemy Unknown. 

The Advent soldiers and officers sound like Mr Blooby which is just bizarre. 

I still haven't got around to playing through the sequel on the PC yet. Not sure why, as I've played through the original since buying #2.

It occurred to me to edit the ini files with P&Bisms and record a playthrough sometime; it could be amusing to send Invergowrie Arab & co off to Operation Yewtree £500 Note and suchlike. Not sure anyone would give a shit, though.

• 3 months later...

Xcom2 Is free if you sign up for humble bundle monthly, which is a subscription based service where you get a few games free a month, usually get some decent games as part of it, only $$12 a month too

• 1 year later...

Anyone played the second? Played a demo of Enemy Within few years back on the 360 but never picked it up. Borrowed the recent installment off a pal for PS4 as I seen it was on sale on the PS Store. Thinking of buying for pc however. Having loads of fun.

4 hours ago, Tri-TON said:

Anyone played the second? Played a demo of Enemy Within few years back on the 360 but never picked it up. Borrowed the recent installment off a pal for PS4 as I seen it was on sale on the PS Store. Thinking of buying for pc however. Having loads of fun.

I enjoyed the second one more then the first.  According to Steam I've played over 676 hours!

I found it a bit easier then the first one.  I actually managed to complete it.

I enjoyed the second one more then the first.  According to Steam I've played over 676 hours!
I found it a bit easier then the first one.  I actually managed to complete it.

I sucked at first. Been watching a guy on YT play through it, almost as enjoyable as playing it to be fair. Picked up some tips from him and started again, there's a big learning curve if you're not used to this type of game, which I am not.

Archived