Clach info

welshbairn

but clyde will be playing only 40 miles away

Ha, well spotted. But I tour the rest of the grounds in Scotland when Clyde are on their travels. (and have done Elgin v Clyde before).

Clach game thoroughly more enjoyable than the ICT match. Deserved victory and pretty decent football considering the state of the pitch.

anyone know why Alan Pollocks on the transfer list? he looked pretty happy at the club after his goal

As you will probably now know he's joined Nairn. He was out of contract in the summer and wanted more than Clach could offer him at the moment.

As you will probably now know he's joined Nairn. He was out of contract in the summer and wanted more than Clach could offer him at the moment.

Alan scored on his debut on Saturday also against Keith, unusual that a player scores against the same team two weeks in a row.

Alan scored on his debut on Saturday also against Keith, unusual that a player scores against the same team two weeks in a row.

I would imagine most of the Nairn team scored against Keith on Saturday...

Fcuk him, nowhere near the player he was last season. And we got cash up front! I'm hoping it will be put towards buying back the Social from the weirdo teetotal cult who took it over.

• 2 weeks later...

Heard about a Western style bar fight at the Nip Inn on Youtube. Can't find it though, anyone got a link?

P.S. Found it. Western style was maybe a wee exaggeration..

Edited by welshbairn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi friends. Wasn't sure where to put this but this was the first thread I saw that seemed appropriate. At the weekend I was at the Belladrum music festival and was delighted to find that there was a Clachnacuddin FC stall selling various merchandise and offering a penalty shoot-out game. I missed my shots but I was so impressed with the items for sale at the stall that I got myself a Clach scarf - and I've never been happier. Wore it for the rest of the day. If I had more money I'd have bought a hat as well, the stitching of the badge was excellent. Safe to say I was fairly drunk at the time but now I have brought home my souvenir, my very own piece of the Highlands back to #perthshire and I have decided that the Clach will now officially become my wee team. I see the 2 latest league results have not been so good but here's hoping the super Lilywhites can push on have a fine season.

Mon the Clach!!

Up in Aviemore this weekend and was going to take in the game v Rothes. Just wondering if there are any good bars pre-match or advice from the locals?

May sound like a silly question but do the club sell pin badges?

The Nip Inn on Grant Street is the closest to the ground for that authentic Ferry experience, but a lot of people go to the Innes Bar on Innes Street just over the bridge for pre match drinks and Sky Sports. There's a wee shop at the ground that should sell you a badge, if it's not open ask one of the blazers milling around.

What a result for the Clach at the weekend. Rothes dealt an absolute pumping.

To be fair to Rothes, they must just be glad to have a team at the moment.

I can remember Clach being in a very similar position a few decades ago, I'm sure everyone at the Lillies wishes Rothes well.

To be fair to Rothes, they must just be glad to have a team at the moment.

I can remember Clach being in a very similar position a few decades ago, I'm sure everyone at the Lillies wishes Rothes well.

I didn't know Rothes are in financial bother, that'll explain the result then! Hopefully they get through it.

I didn't know Rothes are in financial bother, that'll explain the result then! Hopefully they get through it.

Aye they were about to go bust but someone stepped in at the weekend.

I can remember back in 1990 when Clach effectively went bust but were 'newco'd' and came back. One game they were short of players so their then manager Rab Mulhearn (?) had to play in goals, he was in his 50s. They lost 10-0 or something like that.

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I've been to three Clach games this season

Clach 2-0 Lossie

Clach 6-2 Fort William (possibly the worst team I've ever paid money to see)

Clach 1-1 Huntly

Huntly were better than expected, nabbed a 90th minute goal to take a point home.