Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

7 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

We have a winner, it’s a fool proof plan and nothing could possibly go wrong. Seriously have they learned nothing since 2012 about trying to hold 41 clubs to ransom? emoji23.pngIMG_0582.jpg

:lol: Ooooft.

Such delusions of grandeur.

Such well thought out positions as well.

Withdraw from the cup? Denying themselves potential prize money, tv money, gate money and silverware. How would their sponsors take it? Or their players etc.

Refuse away allocations.?  So their players play in front an exclusively hostile support, with noone cherring them on? Anyway, everyone coped between 2012 and 2016 without the 'blue pound'.

Refuse to agree the tv deal...They'd be in a minority of one, which wouldn't be sufficient to block it.

Really is hilarious the misplaced self-importance they display.

8 hours ago, Richie said:

Withdraw from the cup? Denying themselves potential prize money, tv money, gate money and silverware. How would their sponsors take it? Or their players etc.

Refuse away allocations.?  So their players play in front an exclusively hostile support, with noone cherring them on? Anyway, everyone coped between 2012 and 2016 without the 'blue pound'.

Refuse to agree the tv deal...They'd be in a minority of one, which wouldn't be sufficient to block it.

The impotent rage is going to result in a fair number of heart attacks.

11 hours ago, Richie said:

how many seasons will pass before they realise thy are a diddy club with a big stadium and support.

I see Sevco fans attacking my FB feed with all this stuff that Celtic have best nobody to 7 In a row and the double treble.

Well I'm no fan of either and don't really want to stick up for Celtic but I remember Rangers (oldco) winning most of 9 in a row against nobody and a sub par Celtic.

They also never managed a double treble in that 1 horse period

I see Sevco fans attacking my FB feed with all this stuff that Celtic have best nobody to 7 In a row and the double treble.
Well I'm no fan of either and don't really want to stick up for Celtic but I remember Rangers (oldco) winning most of 9 in a row against nobody and a sub par Celtic.
An arguement that is easily dismantled on many fronts.

Enjoy yourself mate. Bodying Old Firm* fans in arguements is like working the heavy bag. Its easy on the knuckles and doesnt hit back.

On 5/17/2018 at 06:51, The DA said:

The impotent rage is going to result in a fair number of heart attacks.

Hopefully.

10 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

They usual answer to that is that the titles won after the blue vermin had to apply for membership and start in the fourth tier, until they were in the first tier, don't count. Because as we all know, a squad rammed with shite like Sandaza, Ian Black etc would have stopped Celtic from winning the title :lol:

The bad news for Rangers is that Rodgers will almost certainly want to stay to make history by winning 10IAR, and as such will continue to receive appropriate financial backing. No wonder Rangers fans are angry, it must hurt knowing that's going to happen, and that their club will never, ever have another 1990s-style period of dominance again. 

4 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

The bad news for Rangers is that Rodgers will almost certainly want to stay to make history by winning 10IAR, and as such will continue to receive appropriate financial backing. No wonder Rangers fans are angry, it must hurt knowing that's going to happen, and that their club will never, ever have another 1990s-style period of dominance again. 

This is why it’s hurting them the most, the hope is killing them.

On 19/05/2018 at 21:00, Crusher said:

Heard stevie g has been arrested today down in Liverpool.aparrently he broke into a cigarette machine and stole 20 players.

Groan.

Here, it might be more lucrative stealing a fag machine rather than an ATM with the price of ciggies today. 

8 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

Groan.

Here, it might be more lucrative stealing a fag machine rather than an ATM with the price of ciggies today. 

Don’t know about that the price has went down.it cost between  £8,£9 for 20 club now, Craig whyte bought one for a quid.

ByKeith Jackson

If he doesn’t quite know what he is getting himself into then Steven Gerrard is about to find out.
On Friday Gerrard will clock on for the first time as the new manager of Rangers. And when he walks through the doors at Auchenhowie flanked by his old friend and long-term mentor Gary McAllister, the pair of them will be stepping into the single biggest challenge of their combined careers.

Forget half-time in Istanbul 13 years ago, the night Gerrard pulled the biggest prize in club football out of the fire to confirm his status as a living legend at Liverpool.
And for that matter, the penalty miss at Wembley in Euro 96 that might have been McAllister’s defining moment had he not found the desire and wherewithal to recover from it and go on to enjoy one of the most spectacular Indian summers English football has ever seen.

Five years later, at age 35, McAllister joined Gerrard at Anfield and within 12 months they had won a League Cup, an FA Cup and UEFA Cup together. They had also unwittingly allowed fate to have the deciding say on their futures.
Which is why they are about to find themselves here, embarking on a new journey that almost no one else could possibly have seen coming.
But what they will find waiting for them may come as a surprise, even for two men who probably think they have experienced just about everything football’s gods could ever throw at them. All that was before they got to Govan.

If they do not already realise the full scale of the task they are taking on then the reality will soon dawn on them. The outstanding professionalism they will bring with them to the job after so many years spent operating at the highest level will ensure it.
They are likely to be shocked at what they discover. From the bottom up this is a club in need of urgent, radical reform.
A youth department that fails consistently on its duty to deliver players fit for the first team. A director of football not remotely qualified or equipped for the position. A managing director who can’t decide what colour of underpants to put on unless he’s told in an email from Johannesburg.
A board without a chief executive that brings new meaning to the word dysfunctional but refuses to give up any of its power for the betterment of the club.

An absentee chairman on permanent combat mode who also happens to be locked in a long-running feud with the Takeover Panel which could yet have very serious ramifications all round. A chaotic backdrop of internal squabbling, uncontrollable egos and personal agendas which all seem to come before the actual job of putting a winning team on the pitch.
Overseen by a PR machine that belongs to Soviet Russia.
And that’s before Gerrard and McAllister have even made it across the training complex and into a dressing room that is awash with averageness and littered with no-hopers, clinging for dear life to the kind of contracts no other club in football would have been daft enough to give them.
Damaged goods such as Carlos Pena and Eduardo Herrera who continue to take home more than £40k a week between them.

That’s £2million a year wasted right there. Add the wages of Bruno Alves and the total reaches around £3.5m.
Gerrard and McAllister will have to find a way of wading through all this wastage and cleaning it up to the satisfaction of their own professional standards.
And they will also require help from above when attempting to bring in their own reinforcements, which is where things may become even more complex.
That Gerrard will aim high in the transfer market is a no-brainer. What would be the point in bringing in a man of such a global standing if he is unable to dip into his own personal contact book for the benefit of the club?

Gerrard would surely not have agreed to take on this monumental challenge on the back of a promise that Scott Arfield, Allan McGregor and Jamie Murphy would be waiting for him on his first day.
That’s not to say all three of these signings do not represent decent business. On the contrary,McGregor could prove to be a particularly inspirational character and the sort of stalwart around which Gerrard will look to build a side.
But the new manager needs a whole lot more which is why he went to the bother of engaging with old pal Martin Skrtel some weeks ago, before he had even officially put pen to paper on his own Rangers contract.

This whole Skrtel business remains something of a mystery. Gerrard will have known even before he picked up the phone that the Slovak was being paid a small fortune by Fenerbahce.
He either believed Skrtel was wealthy enough and therefore willing to take a huge cut in wages or he thought Rangers might be better able to accommodate his salary at the full whack of somewhere in the region of £60k a week.

Perhaps the truth lies somewhere in the middle but what seems certain, however this pursuit came to its end, is that someone somewhere made a massive miscalculation.
It will be fascinating to see if Gerrard will now revise his initial list of targets or if he’ll continue to go after the kind of players who would otherwise have been out of Rangers’ reach.

Brighton’s third-choice centre-back Connor Goldson is not quite in the Skrtel category so Gerrard will not expect Rangers to have any difficulty getting that deal across the line. That negotiations have already been ongoing for longer than seems necessary is just another indication of the difficulty this Rangers regime has in getting things done.

It’s believed two bids have now been rejected and that Brighton are holding out for around £1m more than the £2m offer on the table.
The smart move would be to get this deal done and dusted before Gerrard and McAllister turn up for work first thing on Friday morning. At the very least, it would be a gesture of goodwill before the really hard graft begins.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-boss-steven-gerrard-shocked-12608297
Dearie me, has the award-winning journalist had a wee lover’s tiff with Jabba ? [emoji149][emoji149]

8 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-boss-steven-gerrard-shocked-12608297
Dearie me, has the award-winning journalist had a wee lover’s tiff with Jabba ? emoji149.pngemoji149.png

Did you write that yersel, HP?  It's certainly sufficiently vacuous, content-free, cliche-ridden and ignorant to be penned by one of the diddies on here.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Did you write that yersel, HP?  It's certainly sufficiently vacuous, content-free, cliche-ridden and ignorant to be penned by one of the diddies on here.

It's FP, darling, if you don't mind.......:P

Obviously old age and gin is ruining your eyes but if you look at the top of the post it says "By Keith Jackson". You know this guy, remember ? He's the one who had you shooting your load back in 2012 with "Wealth off the radar..." ....what's wrong ? Can't you handle it when one of the Sevco / Jabba poodles goes a bit off piste ? I also give you the link for the original article , just to prove it's provenance. 

You're losing your mojo, ToryBoy.

And honestly, your "diddy" schtick is pretty pathetic. Get some new material, FFS. :thumbsdown

Other than that, howz tricks ???

8 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

It's FP, darling, if you don't mind.......:P

Obviously old age and gin is ruining your eyes but if you look at the top of the post it says "By Keith Jackson". You know this guy, remember ? He's the one who had you shooting your load back in 2012 with "Wealth off the radar..." ....what's wrong ? Can't you handle it when one of the Sevco / Jabba poodles goes a bit off piste ? I also give you the link for the original article , just to prove it's provenance. 

You're losing your mojo, ToryBoy.

And honestly, your "diddy" schtick is pretty pathetic. Get some new material, FFS. :thumbsdown

Other than that, howz tricks ???

All well here in leafy South Bucks.  Warm days, some dramatic thunderstorms, a day off work and my 17 yo asking for a sub to take his girlfriend out.

No excuse for calling you HP - I've not even been on the sauce.

Both Klaxon and Gordon Waddell's articles this past of couple of days have been object lessons in content-free journalism.  I guess this is why your post remained without comment for hours despite you pimping it elsewhere.  Normally your fellow diddies would be on to such things like a vegetarian discovering a bacon roll.

How's yerself anyway?