Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

Excellent.

We've gone too long without a statement from these clowns.

I just love the fact that they want Rangers to devote their considerable resources not to tackling sectarian behaviour, but to tackling the idea that there might be an issue.

More of this stuff please.

10 hours ago, Insaintee said:

Dumping Murty is madness.

The **** might not be happy with him but he took a team that was miles adrift of Aberdeen last season and miles adrift this season when he took over, to a team that could finish and currently is in second place. Yes they might end up fourth if hibs and the dons get a run going, but, they are at least competing and did not too badly in the last transfer window.  It's something to build on.

Dumping Murty means starting again. The team will get gutted with players moving for nothing and then needing to be replaced. Who will be the new manager, who would take it. They won't work as cheaply as Murty and are likely to have less of an understanding of what is needed to compete in the Scottish game.

That's more money down the drain for no gain.

I think he was in pole position at one point but he's had some poor results since then which maybe has the board thinking of other options. Can't blame them, to be honest, albeit Murty has still done well.

Finishing second was always the expectation, but what really mattered was the manner in which Rangers finished 2nd. They're a bit too far back and most of that is down to Caixinha's reign but there's still been some shockingly poor performances with Murty in charge. He would need to win a trophy to have any chance of securing the job and I doubt that will happen.

Before Caixinha was hired I tipped F.de Boer for the job and I think he'll be the boards first choice in the summer.

59 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Muirkirk posted the same one, it’s there if you wanna view it.

what’s your views on the rangers cringeworthy video? Does it make you wanna rush out and buy a season ticket. emoji23.pngemoji23.png

No he posted a shorter/different video from your deleted effort.

2 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

It’s the same video ya rocket. The embarrassing one from rangers is still there and we both posted the parody that neither of us were responsible for, hence I deleted the one I posted. Does it really matter, the rangers one is the worst by a long distance, I’m sure you’ll agree.

No Drew it wasn't.

And calm down...

14 hours ago, thepundit said:

I think he was in pole position at one point but he's had some poor results since then which maybe has the board thinking of other options. Can't blame them, to be honest, albeit Murty has still done well.

Finishing second was always the expectation, but what really mattered was the manner in which Rangers finished 2nd. They're a bit too far back and most of that is down to Caixinha's reign but there's still been some shockingly poor performances with Murty in charge. He would need to win a trophy to have any chance of securing the job and I doubt that will happen.

Before Caixinha was hired I tipped F.de Boer for the job and I think he'll be the boards first choice in the summer.

I think the statement from king is effectively a nail in Murty's coffin. I doubt F D B will take the job. Not least because of the poor financial position of the club. Mean they can't really afford him and cant really back him financially if he does come.

Looking at this sensibly Murty is and continues to be an ideal steady the ship and build for the future manager. He's cheap goes for low cost Scottish players and uses youth players.  That's what's needed until the team stop haemorrhaging money. Expectations of him are low, which takes some of the pressure off.

Unless the **** need a stop the 10inarow juggernought season where they are going to throw money at a manger and the squad just to stop the humiliation.

In which case I look forward to dancing in newco's grave.

7 hours ago, Insaintee said:

I think the statement from king is effectively a nail in Murty's coffin. I doubt F D B will take the job. Not least because of the poor financial position of the club. Mean they can't really afford him and cant really back him financially if he does come.

Looking at this sensibly Murty is and continues to be an ideal steady the ship and build for the future manager. He's cheap goes for low cost Scottish players and uses youth players.  That's what's needed until the team stop haemorrhaging money. Expectations of him are low, which takes some of the pressure off.

Unless the **** need a stop the 10inarow juggernought season where they are going to throw money at a manger and the squad just to stop the humiliation.

In which case I look forward to dancing in newco's grave.

I'm split on Murty, theres obviously been progress but sometimes he just doesn't seem to learn. Especially when going up against teams like killie and Motherwell....

I'm split on Murty, theres obviously been progress but sometimes he just doesn't seem to learn. Especially when going up against teams like killie and Motherwell....

That is why this thread is called Let’s all laugh at Rangers - they never seem to learn....

22 hours ago, bennett said:

Yes he's not perfect. I doubt he'll lead Sevco back to the league title ever. But I doubt anyone would be able to short of spending  a  real war chest. If there is a real war chest then Murty is not who I'd give it too. (albeit he did quite well in the last transfer window). If not then there's no point moving in anyone new. Keeping Murty and building the team bit by bit until there is a war chest is the the smart thing to do. 

Please sevco don't do it.

1 hour ago, Insaintee said:

Yes he's not perfect. I doubt he'll lead Sevco back to the league title ever. But I doubt anyone would be able to short of spending  a  real war chest. If there is a real war chest then Murty is not who I'd give it too. (albeit he did quite well in the last transfer window). If not then there's no point moving in anyone new. Keeping Murty and building the team bit by bit until there is a war chest is the the smart thing to do. 

Please sevco don't do it.

Nae fear of that.

3 hours ago, Insaintee said:

Of all the many posts you've made on the Sevco threads this is the only one with any sense to it. Congratulations.  I'd certainly agree with you.

Of course it now means we'll bin Murty and bring in a new manager with new players.  Rinse and repeat.

On 4/12/2018 at 21:14, Bishop Briggs said:

David Bates signs for Hamburg on a 4 year deal - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43745950.

Lee McCulloch - "It's a strange one for me. It's a big surprise that he's been allowed to go. I don't think it looks good for Rangers."

If only he had been old enough to play for Rangers in their inaugural season. He would have got his £7k a week along with Kevin Kyle, Ian Black and David Templeton.