Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

Dave King insists Celtic have in effect won only two Scottish titles in a row, not six, because Rangers were in the lower leagues for four seasons. "Celtic have six titles but the concept of nine-in-a-row is a competition between Rangers and Celtic," said the Rangers chairman. "So if Rangers went into the English Premier League and Celtic stayed behind in Scotland and won 20 league titles, there would be no point them saying to Rangers fans, 'We've won 20 in a row.' It's irrelevant if Rangers are not there." (Sunday Mail)

I think someone should supervise honest Dave when he gets interviewed. He also says Celtic will never get close to 10 in a row.

They've got 6 in a row already I think that's pretty close already

13 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Dave King making a complete and utter c**t of himself

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-chief-dave-king-says-10683539

Selected quotes...

What a fucking fantasist.

Unbelievable, what planet does King think most of us live on. Total disrespect to all Premier League clubs that it only counts if Rangers are in it, and an even bigger slap in the face to Hearts who more than deserved their title win when they beat Sevco in the Championship.

Did he say 2 in a row? Rangers have only been in the top flight for one season. So does that mean we have already won the title in 2017-18? 

As for the rest of that drivel. It shows an utter contempt to the rest of the clubs in Scotland.

2 hours ago, atfccfc said:

Did he say 2 in a row? Rangers have only been in the top flight for one season. So does that mean we have already won the title in 2017-18? 

As for the rest of that drivel. It shows an utter contempt to the rest of the clubs in Scotland.

He means that the entire competition went on hold for four years when no Rangers team was in the top flight.

It's an utterly contemptuous outlook from an utterly contemptible individual.  

It's not the amusing fishing trip that Bennett tries to characterise it as.  Instead it's entirely in-keeping with how King sees the game.  In an earlier interview, he described an ideal landscape that would see Celtic winning 45% of titles to Rangers' 55%.  He really can only see two teams, and regards the others as simply making up the numbers.  He has absolutely no respect or feel for a wider game.

I've said it before: a complete shit of a man, on various levels.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He means that the entire competition went on hold for four years when no Rangers team was in the top flight.

It's an utterly contemptuous outlook from an utterly contemptible individual.  

That's a good point well made MT.  I'd be astounded, too, if the Celtic fans don't agree with you.  They, of course, put their team on hold while we were away and pretty-much focused their entire attention on us.  You can see this by the appalling attendances, the lack of investment and the desultory trophy count. So King is merely reflecting what Sellick fans themselves think.

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

The reality of those quotes is Dave king is playing to his audience.

I.e. He thinks the rangers support are thick as mince and will lap it all up.

Fair play, Dave. Knowing your customer is a fundamental of business.

He's not wrong8)

King has lost it. desperate to flog old kit as part of a backdoor deal with MA. and spouting utter garbage to do it. he seems like a man frantic to get his way at any cost. even to his own fans......again

pd.jpg

Edited by johnx1

Dave King speaks, absolute shite albeit to the horde and it then becomes gospel? FFS. :lol:

The **** have fell for this hook, line and sinker and it has now become their mantra. Two Rangers supporters I know tried to wind me up with this pish, "Only two in a row eh?" WTF? Am I supposed to be intimidated by this? Apparently I'm raging according to King's minions? :lol:

I suppose it somehow takes the heat of King by giving him four more years to try to stop Celtic winning titles at some point.

I can't wait to hear his next demented warped ideology that is to only demean Celtic's achievements. :)

Shame the **** never ever won their first title until after Celtic was formed, what an own goal that would have been removing titles because Celtic wurnae competing against the stupid c***s. :lol:

1 minute ago, hellbhoy said:

Dave King speaks, absolute shite albeit to the horde and it then becomes gospel? FFS. :lol:

The **** have fell for this hook, line and sinker and it has now become their mantra. Two Rangers supporters I know tried to wind me up with this pish, "Only two in a row eh?" WTF? Am I supposed to be intimidated by this? Apparently I'm raging according to King's minions? :lol:

I suppose it somehow takes the heat of King by giving him four more years to try to stop Celtic winning titles at some point.

I can't wait to hear his next demented warped ideology that is to only demean Celtic's achievements. :)

Shame the **** never ever won their first title until after Celtic was formed, what an own goal that would have been removing titles because Celtic wurnae competing against the stupid c***s. :lol:

The QC not all spooked by Kings fishing expedition.

:)

I can't wait to hear his next demented warped ideology that is to only demean Celtic's achievements. [emoji4]

Given Celtic were formed two years before the first league was played, it would have been pretty fucking difficult to win a league without them in it.

So how many of you was he having a pop at ??

Rangers chairman Dave King has hit out at fans who he claims aren't real supporters of the Ibrox club.

The Rangers chief feels there is a significant difference between fans and supporters of the Light Blues and his main gripe is with those who he reckons aren't as invested in the club as others.

“All supporters are fans but not all fans are supporters. You’ve got Rangers fans who will criticise the manager after the first game.

13 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

Not sticking up here for old Dodgy Dave but figures and counting have never been his strong point. ;)

Had a Sevco fan today trying to wind others up with the 2 in a row BS, I said well hopefully it won't be long before you win your first title in the big league.