Red Dwarf X

~~~

I thought it was quite a good episode. Was fearing the worst after the first 10 mins but the couple of mins just before the break and the second half easily beat anything from series 7,8 or back to earth.

It was filmed in front of a live studio audience but the laughter was pretty bad. I didn't notice it as much after the break.

Apart from Kryten looking weird I thought it was a solid episode, funny, witty and it was a proper red dwarf episode. I'm already looking forward to episode 2

Agree to an extent as well as what the hell happened to Cat and Rimmer's hair? :huh:

Tho my inner geek as well couldnt help but flag up a few points

John, Howard and Frank were all in the space corps long before Rimmer joined the JMC and sure one of them was a test pilot

How did he get that far out in space and how did he have a crew of any sorts 3Million years in the future in the middle of deep space

Simulants are killing machines, not crew material!

I can only ecco what others have said, started off slow (with the canned laughter being a overused) but it got better as it went on, looking forward to next week now.

Craig Charles has not aged well.

I can only ecco what others have said, started off slow (with the canned laughter being a overused) but it got better as it went on, looking forward to next week now.

Craig Charles has not aged well.

Well he has had a hard taxi job in between series....

Agree to an extent as well as what the hell happened to Cat and Rimmer's hair? :huh:

Tho my inner geek as well couldnt help but flag up a few points

John, Howard and Frank were all in the space corps long before Rimmer joined the JMC and sure one of them was a test pilot

How did he get that far out in space and how did he have a crew of any sorts 3Million years in the future in the middle of deep space

Simulants are killing machines, not crew material!

They also got the number of times Rimmer has sat the astro exam wrong. He says in the very first episode of series 1 that he has sat it 9 times or 10 if you include the time he had a fit. Then it was up to 13 by the episode justice in series 4. Then back to 9 for the start of series 10.

When you consider that Lister had had his spleen out twice its no surprise they couldn't get the number of re-sits right :P

I've watched far too much Red Dwarf over the years!

They also got the number of times Rimmer has sat the astro exam wrong. He says in the very first episode of series 1 that he has sat it 9 times or 10 if you include the time he had a fit. Then it was up to 13 by the episode justice in series 4. Then back to 9 for the start of series 10.

When you consider that Lister had had his spleen out twice its no surprise they couldn't get the number of re-sits right :P

I've watched far too much Red Dwarf over the years!

Sure in the book it was 11, with the famous attempt when he wrote Iam Fish 100 times then passed out, different to the one you see in the end when he puts his hand print on it

Trust me when you start being able to memorize the space corp directives then you have watched too much :lol: thankfully not that geeky any more....

Actually pretty good considering. My fiancee is a massive fan of the series, to the point where our Sky+ box has been littered with episodes during the reruns over the past few weeks, and even she thought it was pretty good. Will be interesting to see if they can keep it up over the series, will certainly be watching.

All very true, seemed that they tried to gloss over the crap dialogue and attempts at jokes with higher budget special effects and the less we say about Chloe Annette the better (who was only brought in because of the "film" that never was)

i really liked chloe annette in it.

whats happened to konchansky in relation to the current series? its been so long since i've watched the old stuff, i've forgotten