Red Dwarf X

~~~

Series 6 is the last truly great series. Seven was an absolute car crash. Eight was slightly better, but like the books Naylor writing on his own just doesnt really work. The comebacks were nothing special, so Im not holding out much hope for the new series.

Shame, as the first 6 series still stand up as one of the best British comedies of all time. Better off binning Dave and watching the early episodes on Netflix.

Series 6 is the last truly great series. Seven was an absolute car crash. Eight was slightly better, but like the books Naylor writing on his own just doesnt really work. The comebacks were nothing special, so Im not holding out much hope for the new series.

Shame, as the first 6 series still stand up as one of the best British comedies of all time. Better off binning Dave and watching the early episodes on Netflix.

All very true, seemed that they tried to gloss over the crap dialogue and attempts at jokes with higher budget special effects and the less we say about Chloe Annette the better (who was only brought in because of the "film" that never was)

Been enjoying the earlier series on Dave at the weekend there, mostly series 5. I have series 1-4 on DVD, some absolutely classic episodes in there. Much prefer Holly as Norman Lovett though. "Backwards" is one of the best episodes ever.

I thought the recent Back to Earth was lacking and it totally missed the laugh-track. I'll definitely be tuning in for the new series but don't have high hopes for it to be honest.

Been enjoying the earlier series on Dave at the weekend there, mostly series 5. I have series 1-4 on DVD, some absolutely classic episodes in there. Much prefer Holly as Norman Lovett though. "Backwards" is one of the best episodes ever.

I thought the recent Back to Earth was lacking and it totally missed the laugh-track. I'll definitely be tuning in for the new series but don't have high hopes for it to be honest.

Pretty sure it was one of first ones I saw and between that and Polymorph (with that scene) series 3 was pretty good

I actually enjoyed the specials from a couple of years ago. I'll definetely be tuning in for this, especially as they seem to be completely ignoring series VII and VIII.

It was just a dream :lol: seriously tho the series went to pot when they brought all the cast back, needed to get back to its roots

They have never really followed on one series to another so I doubt we will get any explanation as to how all the crew are dead again or how Rimmer is a hologram again.

Series 7 and 8 were both very poor but they each had one good episode tikka to ride from 7 and krytie tv from 8. The back to earth special was pretty poor and was a rehash of the despair squid episode from series 5.

Series 1 to 6 are fantastic and there is so many good episodes - last day, queeg, quarantine, gunmen of the apocalypse, polymorph etc.

Not expecting much from the New series but am glad to see some new Red Dwarf again. The sets are similar to earlier series, its filmed in front of a live audience and there are only 6 episodes which is the same format as series 1 to 6 so hopefully it will be better than the later stuff.

Craig Charles looks to be getting on a bit in that trailer. For me Red Dwarf was only any good in the first couple of series when they were actually on Red Dwarf instead of faffing around on Starbug, and the Cat was actually behaving like a cat, i.e. wandering around minding his own business and refusing to cooperate with anything, instead of just being an idiotic human.

They have never really followed on one series to another so I doubt we will get any explanation as to how all the crew are dead again or how Rimmer is a hologram again.

Series 7 and 8 were both very poor but they each had one good episode tikka to ride from 7 and krytie tv from 8. The back to earth special was pretty poor and was a rehash of the despair squid episode from series 5.

Series 1 to 6 are fantastic and there is so many good episodes - last day, queeg, quarantine, gunmen of the apocalypse, polymorph etc.

Not expecting much from the New series but am glad to see some new Red Dwarf again. The sets are similar to earlier series, its filmed in front of a live audience and there are only 6 episodes which is the same format as series 1 to 6 so hopefully it will be better than the later stuff.

How could you miss out Back to Reality :o:P

Queeg is brilliant. The bit at the end where Holly reapears and says "We are talking jape of the decade. We are talking April, May, June, July and August fool. That's right. I am Queeg." Is absolutely hilarious!

How could you miss out Back to Reality :o:P

Queeg is brilliant. The bit at the end where Holly reapears and says "We are talking jape of the decade. We are talking April, May, June, July and August fool. That's right. I am Queeg." Is absolutely hilarious!

Remember he was the warm up for Craig Charles about 15 years ago when i went to see them in the heady heights of the Rothes Halls in Glenrothes :lol: both were pretty good tho lot of recycled material

Craig Charles looks to be getting on a bit in that trailer. For me Red Dwarf was only any good in the first couple of series when they were actually on Red Dwarf instead of faffing around on Starbug, and the Cat was actually behaving like a cat, i.e. wandering around minding his own business and refusing to cooperate with anything, instead of just being an idiotic human.

^^ This ^^

• 3 weeks later...