Strange dreams

On 08/01/2018 at 18:46, Derek Patterson said:

Peculiar one last night.

Was at what I believe was some sort of mountain biking competition somewhere near Newburgh.

For some reason you entered through some sort of clubhouse type building but then had to crawl through a tunnel with a very low ceiling.

Oddly when crawling through said tunnel, none other than Chris Jericho was coming the other way.

Borrowed his phone to contact a pal who was already there and then ended up keeping it as Y2J suddenly disappeared.

Took a while hunting him down to return it.

Coming out of the tunnel you had to come down a massive slide which for some reason led onto a golf course.

Slid down and bumped into an old pal from school who I haven't seen in years who seemed to be partaking in some sort of sponored walk. Oddly he was wearing a kilt and the 1997 Saints away shirt (the teal & magenta affair) despite being a Jambo.

Not quite sure what to make of it.

Fragmenting code in the matrix.

Had a mad dream where St Mirren signed Gavin Reilly and then fancied themselves as title contenders. Must lay off the Stilton before bed.

Mental!

Had a dream last night that I had lunch with Gary Kasparov and persuaded him to come out of retirement cause the game of chess needed him.

Have absolutely no interest in chess incidentally.

21 minutes ago, Lex said:

Mental!

Had a dream last night that I had lunch with Gary Kasparov and persuaded him to come out of retirement cause the game of chess needed him.

Have absolutely no interest in chess incidentally.

Good bump! Must pay more attention to my dreams.

Last I dreamed that, for some reason, I would drag my mattress to my work.

I vividly recall dragging it along streets I’ve never seen in my life, although I knew exactly where I was going. The mattress was a b*****d to drag (as anyone who has had to move a large mattress will know) and a few times it fell on top on me, trapping me under it.

I ended up on a bus, on the top deck, where the mattress was stored in some bit beside the stairs (a part of a bus I’ve never seen before). As we approached my work (in an industrial estate I have never seen before yet somehow knew was my work) I was worrying about getting the mattress down the stairs and in to work. I decided then to just leave it, and strolled off the bus, a stop late, leaving the mattress behind.

Ended up carrying a few sacks of weed to hide in some random garden's shed somewhere in Edinburgh.  Police busted the site and I was worried that I was getting caught, although thankfully I had stuffed most of it into envelopes held in a paper filing box (that standard bit of gardening shed kit).  I don't and never had any dealings with the stuff.

I was also in an office and forced to change into a vest top that my shirt wouldn't fit over the top of, meaning I had to cut about in a vest all day.  A bald eagle then flew through the window and tried pecking at me.  The latter I'm attributing to the Eagles at the Superbowl seeing as there's absolutely no association otherwise.

a few years ago before going on holiday , i had 3/4 dreams about dying in a plan crash in the weeks leading up to it, one would be normal but 3/4 was starting to freak me out.

recently booked my honeymoon and had a dream that a plane  i was on took off at 180 degree angle , like some sort of space shuttle.

bizarre thing is im not too fussed about flying

• 1 month later...

I've developed a recurring dream over the past month that I'm supposed to be attending lectures at uni and that there's a whole set of courses that I was supposed to be at that I haven't been to at all, invoking a mad panic that I'm going to fail the degree. I graduated 12 years ago.

Seems from an online search that this seems to be relatively common, although getting an answer about the reasoning behind it is a bit more difficult (no thanks to the "I also have dreams, but about a missing cat instead" reply brigade).

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've developed a recurring dream over the past month that I'm supposed to be attending lectures at uni and that there's a whole set of courses that I was supposed to be at that I haven't been to at all, invoking a mad panic that I'm going to fail the degree. I graduated 12 years ago.

I get that one a lot too. Usually ends with me deciding "sod it" and exiting the classroom/lecture hall via the power of flight, which I have suddenly discovered or decided I possess.

• 4 weeks later...

This morning I had a dream that I was getting a taxi from Edinburgh to Perth. The driver said he needed to go through all these wee villages in Fife and that the price for the journey would be £700.  I said that would be fine but then I realised I didn't have £700.  I then decided that I'd pay for my fare by carving a wooden baby seat for him and I started doing this in the back of his taxi.

I woke up at 4:45am when I sneezed, waking up my two month old son and annoying my wife considerably.

On 3/28/2018 at 15:45, nsr said:

I get that one a lot too. Usually ends with me deciding "sod it" and exiting the classroom/lecture hall via the power of flight, which I have suddenly discovered or decided I possess.

I get that.

Lucid dreaming when you realise its just a dream & suddenly can fly/use the force etc.

I had a dream last night I was playing for Rangers at Ibrox against a team called Yerevan who were playing all in yellow. (I've since discovered that Yerevan is the capital of Armenia, though I'm unsure if their football team wears yellow.) I was being pulled about in the midfield by this big fat old bearded *** wearing their 2015/16 top (the one when Motherwell beat them in the playoffs), being told where to go and stand, like it was a game of table football, because every time I moved the rest of the team moved in the same direction.  Chris Sutton was also in the midfield for Rangers for some reason. Part of their stands were also missing, the stand to the right of the main was gone completely and the two along the length of the pitch had bits missing up at the top. At half time I walked out of the stadium this way because I was actually a Yerevan player not a Rangers player, and by leaving Rangers would be a man down and not realise it. I snuck away so none of the raging Rangers fans would see me and snuck away to my Granny Sanchez's house who lives round the corner.

Later on in the dream I was in some event room inside Ibrox with Tam Cowan and Stewart Cosgrove. We were getting drunk and drawing/writing increasingly rude things on the tablecloths. There was a French girl waitressing in the room who was with us, and I made us all leave before anyone discovered the picture I'd drawn of Lorenzo Amoruso, taking all the tablecloths with us just to be sure.

12 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Part of their stands were also missing, the stand to the right of the main was gone completely and the two along the length of the pitch had bits missing up at the top.

^^^ Transmission from the future IMO.

Hasn't happened yet, but this is the time of year when I usually start getting the World Cup dream; I suddenly realise it started weeks ago and I somehow avoided knowing about it. Scotland have qualified and are doing really well, and I've missed it all.

I'd imagine this isn't a common dream with the younger generation  :(

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

^^^ Transmission from the future IMO.

Hasn't happened yet, but this is the time of year when I usually start getting the World Cup dream; I suddenly realise it started weeks ago and I somehow avoided knowing about it. Scotland have qualified and are doing really well, and I've missed it all.

I'd imagine this isn't a common dream with the younger generation  :(

Has John Robertson handed you the ball yet?