Going for a night out in Edinburgh

Michael94

Me and a few mates are going out for my 18th in November. I was just wondering what the best pub/clubs are to visit (for young people). Any inputs are welcome. I hear a place called Lava & Ignite is meant to be decent.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edinburgh is a bit shit at the weekend. It has decent boozers but clubs wise is pretty shit, Depends on what you are after.

-If you want commercial radio music but a place full of slaggy birds on hen dos then shanghai is your place.

-Other places on george street are a bit posher. I call them the "w**k bars".

- Avoid espionage at all costs.

Not reall sure where else. Liquid rooms sometimes has decent stuff on at the weekends.

Edinburgh is a bit shit at the weekend. It has decent boozers but clubs wise is pretty shit, Depends on what you are after.

-If you want commercial radio music but a place full of slaggy birds on hen dos then shanghai is your place.

-Other places on george street are a bit posher. I call them the "w**k bars".

- Avoid espionage at all costs.

Not reall sure where else. Liquid rooms sometimes has decent stuff on at the weekends.

The w**k bars you refer to will be places like The Dome, Opal Lounge, Candy Bar & Tigerlily etc...

Espionage is a disaster waiting to happen - 6 or 7 floors crammed full of hen do's and folk vomitting on the walls

Hundreds of decent boozers but I guess that's not what you are after.

I would go with the CC Blooms suggestion, should be right up your hole street

In this exact order

Secret Arcade

The Chanter

Hive

Scenes.

:lol: I did the last two the other night. Great fun things happened, especially my mate jumping about 10 feet in the air as the Tattoo fireworks went off abov our heads, as he was inebriated.

Albeit if I'm going to Hive, then I'll usually end up in Tron before hand, it's easier to get to Hive from it, saves ou walking from Lothian Road. As for avoiding places, is Lava Ignite, not Cav?? If it is then Cav is shit, overpriced and full of wankers, exact same with places like Mansion, full of pretencious private school types. Other places like Picturehouse are ok on certain nights, depends whats on, but it's dead at the weekends.

Which essentially leaves you with Hive. :lol: The most disgusting place in Edinburgh, yet the one everyone always goes back to, since it's cheap, cheerful and most of all fun. Take your wellies with you though and it's not cause you'll be knee deep in clunge. :rolleyes:

The Hive is probably the worst club I've ever been to in Scotland, yet somehow manages to be the most fun. It's dirt cheap, I think it is probably impossible to get knocked back and it always just seems to be fun and more liberating.

It's nice being able to get into a club without having to pass an exam given by the bouncers as well.

:lol: I did the last two the other night. Great fun things happened, especially my mate jumping about 10 feet in the air as the Tattoo fireworks went off abov our heads, as he was inebriated.

Albeit if I'm going to Hive, then I'll usually end up in Tron before hand, it's easier to get to Hive from it, saves ou walking from Lothian Road. As for avoiding places, is Lava Ignite, not Cav?? If it is then Cav is shit, overpriced and full of wankers, exact same with places like Mansion, full of pretencious private school types. Other places like Picturehouse are ok on certain nights, depends whats on, but it's dead at the weekends.

Which essentially leaves you with Hive. :lol: The most disgusting place in Edinburgh, yet the one everyone always goes back to, since it's cheap, cheerful and most of all fun. Take your wellies with you though and it's not cause you'll be knee deep in clunge. :rolleyes:

Cav can be alright, it's definitely a lot less pretentious as other places, usually always busy with local people rather than students and it's cheap on a Friday.

Picturehouse is good when it's really busy. I usually go to Propaganda there on Saturday every week.

Depends what night.

We used to have a wee circuit for a few months last year which was:

Lulu's Monday

Shanghai Tuesday

Hive Wednesday

Thursdays are shite, wouldn't bother

Friday HMV picture house

Saturdays Edinburgh is full of folk from outwith Edinburgh, which generally means fighting so we never bothered

Sunday Cav

Depends what night.

We used to have a wee circuit for a few months last year which was:

Lulu's Monday

Shanghai Tuesday

Hive Wednesday

Thursdays are shite, wouldn't bother

Friday HMV picture house

Saturdays Edinburgh is full of folk from outwith Edinburgh, which generally means fighting so we never bothered

Sunday Cav

We're going on a Saturday. Which club that you went to on the other days would you say is the best/your favourite on?

The Hive is a run down dump, but the drink is cheap. I've been once and despite the cheap drink, I really wouldn't hurry back.

Cav and City will probably take a bit of a slagging on this thread, but I like them.

Archived