Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

Not overly keen on the current setlist and would prefer it was his brother again, but looking forward to seeing Noel at The Hydro the morra nonetheless. Anyone else going?
Aye me. Saw him last year at the Hydro. Can't say I'm overly keen on his new album but enjoyed the first two. Baxter Dury (Ian's son) the support act. Can't say I've heard anything he's done. Probably opt for another hour in the pub.

Strict ID checks are in place to prevent resale/touring which looks like will prevent me from punting a spare ticket I’ve got for Aberdeen. Even had an offer for £20 (originally bought for £47.50).

Any takers? £30 and it’s yours. Standing.

They checked the lead booker ID last night and that was it so you should be ok if the person meets you. Thought last night was good. Bit of a different set list but I like a lot of it and glad to get a chance to hear them live. Tunes like the right stuff etc aren’t exactly anthems but still good tunes. Saw a tiny bit of Baxter dury and he sounded good.

Great gig again last night.  Wasn't sure about the set list beforehand but other than one or two it was excellent.  

He shouldn't do Go Let It Out again though.  It's the first of his songs that I've seen him do and thought "only Liam can sing that one".

We nipped into the hotel next door afterwards for a drink before our taxi arrived and there was a guy loudly telling everyone that "he'd pyoor done the wrong Oasis songs, and that's all any c**t is here to hear".  Fanny. 

They checked the lead booker ID last night and that was it so you should be ok if the person meets you. Thought last night was good. Bit of a different set list but I like a lot of it and glad to get a chance to hear them live. Tunes like the right stuff etc aren’t exactly anthems but still good tunes. Saw a tiny bit of Baxter dury and he sounded good.

I’m going with my cousin with tickets my brother bought, so it’s the same surname although my brother isn’t going, should that be an issue?

Listened to a couple of Baxter Dury tunes last night, thought he sounded pretty shit tbh.

I’m going with my cousin with tickets my brother bought, so it’s the same surname although my brother isn’t going, should that be an issue?

Listened to a couple of Baxter Dury tunes last night, thought he sounded pretty shit tbh.

Possibly. They wanted lead booker. Maybe take his ID and chance it. If the stewards are like the Hydro then don’t think they are arsed one bit

4 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Enjoyed that last night, I think he got the mix of his solo stuff and Oasis songs about right.

Only thing that was missing was Champagne Supernova but apart from that a good set.  Now know what a Coldplay concert must be like with all the laser effects.

Aye, Noel was great the other night.

Also 22 years today since the second night of the Maine Road gigs. Definitely a bit better than the first night.

Unquestionably the best live version of Don't Look Back in Anger he'll ever play. On electric as it was intended, quicker tempo, singing every chorus, and absolutely nailing the final solo with the pick scrape.

So fucking good.

I know this isn’t Oasis related but I saw LG tweeting about a band called the DMA’S. Had never heard of them and looked them up. Oh ya fucker. I’m hooked. Just bought their third album that they’ve just released last night, fantastic. Anyone a fan of them?

I know this isn’t Oasis related but I saw LG tweeting about a band called the DMA’S. Had never heard of them and looked them up. Oh ya fucker. I’m hooked. Just bought their third album that they’ve just released last night, fantastic. Anyone a fan of them?

Went to Manchester to see them last night. Absolutely brilliant band.

First saw them 3 years ago supporting The Courteeners and been hooked ever since.