Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

i got free tkts to see depeche mode in hydro a few years bloody awful in fact never been near hydro since and never again....anyhow liam was there with around 4 parka clad hanger ons....tyrn up like that in griers in easterhoose they would hiv ended up needing germolene.

You're hard as f**k mate!

It has took me quite a few listens, but Holy Mountain is beginning to grow on me a bit.  While what I've heard from Liam so far, (Wall of Glass, Chinatown and For What It's Worth) all sound really good. 

Wasn't too enamoured by Holy Mountain after the first few listens but it's definitely a grower. Fort Knox is an excellent track, a big fan of that. It's natural that people won't like the direction Noel is going in, but personally I'm quite excited by the album. Shouldn't have taken him this long to make an album like this.

Thing is, presuming it’s probably an opener - it’s not even a good opener. I think it’s pretty dull, i wouldn’t be getting pumped up for one of his gigs listening to that. I don’t think it’s even that good instrumentally.

Really want to enjoy Noel’s new stuff, and I’m certainly not one of these wee dicks who is in “team Liam or Noel.” I’ve no time for these factions that are forming - a true Oasis fan would appreciate music from both brothers.

Liam was the underdog before As You Were. Two mediocre albums with Beady Eye while Noel releases two fantastic albums. Liam had a lot to prove going solo, the fans wanted him to be successful. And he did it, AYW is a fucking top album.

Then you get shitheads like Paul Weller saying As You Were is shit, clearly just sooking up Noel’s arsehole.

I think Noel’s album sadly will not be my cup of tea, it will divide the fans - some will love it. I don’t see it being a massive success.

Fort Knox is going to be complete marmite for folk.  I've only managed to hear it once but I really like it, sounds very Screamadelica IMO.

Really like Liam's album too, actually a bit surprised at how good it is.

I'm sick of people questioning if they're getting back together though, just fucking enjoy both of them bringing out quality solo albums. If they get back together, great, if not, so be it.