Banned Posters

Guest honestrae95

Yeah, but people have actually heard of the Solomon Islands.

Cool.

The reason i think i have "heard" of you is.... Did you not get banned at some point and then phone div in a panic begging to be allowed back? Or something along those linea? Can you confirm?

Is this the somewhat inevitable and standard "Box Office v Proletariat" portion of this kind of thread? I sure hope so.

I hope it gets petty, very very petty. That's always entertaining.

It used to be entertaining but now tediously predictable.

It's always the usual suspects who come along with their over inflated egos and superiority complexes trying to trying to outsmart everyone else and each other.

Cool.

The reason i think i have "heard" of you is.... Did you not get banned at some point and then phone div in a panic begging to be allowed back? Or something along those linea? Can you confirm?

It was along those line, yes: I was banned for re-inserting a banned avatar. I phoned Div and explained that I hadn't done this, and moderator in question simply hadn't refreshed the page properly. Div explained that using the avatar in the first place was probably grounds for suspension itself. I agreed that this was fair enough, and we parted on civil terms. My ban was lifted a week later, and here I am :D

Nicely dismissed. It's still relevant though.

K!

Anyone else want to emphasise how little they're bothered about this? At 10pm on a weeknight?

It was along those line, yes: I was banned for re-inserting a banned avatar. I phoned Div and explained that I hadn't done this, and moderator in question simply hadn't refreshed the page properly. Div explained that using the avatar in the first place was probably grounds for suspension itself. I agreed that this was fair enough, and we parted on civil terms. My ban was lifted a week later, and here I am :D

Lovely. Quite glad I am an "unknown" now.

Yup, me.

It is still a relevant point he makes though

It's not, though. Nobody said a thing about it "validating [their] life" (whatever that means.) You see a lot of totally out-of-left-field blurting from the self-loathing computer geeks on here. "I'm posting on a messageboard - I'M NOT SAD OR OWT! I'M ONLY 'ERE TO TELL OTHER PEOPLE THAT THEY'RE SAD!"

K!

Anyone else want to emphasise how little they're bothered about this? At 10pm on a weeknight?

Yup, me.

It is still a relevant point he makes though

Lovely. Quite glad I am an "unknown" now.

Ooft, hope there's nothing breakable near your desks...

Desks are breakable.

I had to have neighbours help* me carry my desk up the stairs. I couldn't break mine if I tried, so weighty is it.

*do all the lifting while I said things like "left a bit"

It's not, though. Nobody said a thing about it "validating [their] life" (whatever that means.) You see a lot of totally out-of-left-field blurting from the self-loathing computer geeks on here. "I'm posting on a messageboard - I'M NOT SAD OR OWT! I'M ONLY 'ERE TO TELL OTHER PEOPLE THAT THEY'RE SAD!"

To be fair, your comeback to AUFC was based on how well he was known on this forum.

You can bullshit all you want but that was the basis of the comeback.

To be fair, your comeback to AUFC was based on how well he was known on this forum.

You can bullshit all you want but that was the basis of the comeback.

Thrilling as this forensic analysis is, can you get to the part where this has anything to do with "validating [his] life"?

I had to have neighbours help* me carry my desk up the stairs. I couldn't break mine if I tried, so weighty is it.

*do all the lifting while I said things like "left a bit"

I'm banned from owning desks due to a 'mishap' following a shock defeat in the early rounds of the Johnstone Paint Trophy. Fucking Football Manager ticks me off no end.