Evil Neighbours Thread

I've not seen or heard anything from my next door neighbour in about 18 months.  I heard from a neighbour downstairs that he was/had been put away for drug dealing so my suspicious were spot on.  I also noticed that the city council have a court case against him this week.  Hoping this means they are trying to evict him permanently.

Probably thinks you grassed him in like.
Be careful mucker

Me and my girlfriend got our first flat together at the start of this year, a few weeks in we started getting bother from the guy beneath us. He is genuinely nocturnal, don't hear or see him all day until roughly 10pm. His family own the flat so he is living there rent free, using the flat as a party flat. Since we've moved in there has been several fights between him and his wife/girlfriend (who doesn't even live there), my girlfriend who is Asian has been racially abused. We have a 8 month old baby, and we need to move again as it doesn't only affect us it affects him. The police have been absolutely useless with us, they get called and pull up right outside his front window, you can hear him and his cronies scatter into different parts of the flat when they come. 

Me and my girlfriend got our first flat together at the start of this year, a few weeks in we started getting bother from the guy beneath us. He is genuinely nocturnal, don't hear or see him all day until roughly 10pm. His family own the flat so he is living there rent free, using the flat as a party flat. Since we've moved in there has been several fights between him and his wife/girlfriend (who doesn't even live there), my girlfriend who is Asian has been racially abused. We have a 8 month old baby, and we need to move again as it doesn't only affect us it affects him. The police have been absolutely useless with us, they get called and pull up right outside his front window, you can hear him and his cronies scatter into different parts of the flat when they come. 

Contact the council aswell as he police.

Think it's usually advised to keep a log of all incidents and when you've contacted authorities etc.
Would you, your mrs and/or your baby beat him in a fight?

51 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Think it's usually advised to keep a log of all incidents and when you've contacted authorities etc.
Would you, your mrs and/or your baby beat him in a fight?

Yeah we do, everything is noted electronically and on paper. My pup probably would, but would rather save the embarrassment. 

On the app so can't see where you live. Greenock? I'd echo the suggestions to contact the council antisocial behaviour team, log the issues, record noise levels. I'd also contact landlord registration. You say his family own it but if he's not the owner and is living there then he's really a tenant. They have a lot more teeth than the police or council.

16 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

On the app so can't see where you live. Greenock? I'd echo the suggestions to contact the council antisocial behaviour team, log the issues, record noise levels. I'd also contact landlord registration. You say his family own it but if he's not the owner and is living there then he's really a tenant. They have a lot more teeth than the police or council.

Kirkintilloch, mate. Yeah, the head of antisocial for East Dunbartonshire Council was out last week, he said he would be out to him downstairs, and was writing a letter to the landlord by the end of last week. I'm yet to hear anything back yet, but hopefully it gets sorted. It puzzles me how anyone can live like that, knowing their giving others grief. Two people have already moved out of the close due to been frightened by him. 

My brother in law and his wife have been getting grief from their downstairs neighbours who is an older couple in their 50s about noise.

The cause of this noise.............

Their 2 year old son, walking around at 8am when he gets up.
Apparently this noise gets them up early and keeps them up until all hours. Apart from the fact he is 2! Leaves the house at 8am every morning to go to his grans while his parents go to work, goes to bed at 730pm every night. I totally believe their complaint is credible! There really are some bumpers in this world!
The complainers even got the council out to the house who just laughed them off!

Kirkintilloch, mate. Yeah, the head of antisocial for East Dunbartonshire Council was out last week, he said he would be out to him downstairs, and was writing a letter to the landlord by the end of last week. I'm yet to hear anything back yet, but hopefully it gets sorted. It puzzles me how anyone can live like that, knowing their giving others grief. Two people have already moved out of the close due to been frightened by him. 

Don't expect council departments to talk to each other. If you feel you're not going anywhere, look at www.landlordregistrationscotland.gov.uk

They can pursue pretty severe action against the owner if they fail to deal with the behaviour of the occupants (whereas the police/ASB people will focus on the occupants' behaviour).

Hope you get some resolution and just keep you and your family safe.

Hope you get some resolution and just keep you and your family safe.

No better way to do this than have the pup (who you've identified as the hardest) to beat the roaster up. Few leatherings and he'll soon wind it in. You'll run the patch.

Or persist with contacting the authorities and try and speak to the most senior people possible. Local MP probably worth a shout as well.

No better way to do this than have the pup (who you've identified as the hardest) to beat the roaster up. Few leatherings and he'll soon wind it in. You'll run the patch.

Or persist with contacting the authorities and try and speak to the most senior people possible. Local MP probably worth a shout as well.

I thought you'd admire my restraint. I am doing a training course on this very subject today. My natural instincts would be a more direct intervention as you suggest but I'm talking a deep breath and trying to give sensible advice.

I thought you'd admire my restraint. I am doing a training course on this very subject today. My natural instincts would be a more direct intervention as you suggest but I'm talking a deep breath and trying to give sensible advice.

This is a genuine issue though. I thought your knee-jerk, extreme reactions were reserved for matters trivial.
Your doing a training course on fighting? Dog fighting? Or arsehole neighbours?

So after the neighbours settling down and getting work done one has a total heads gone because I asked why her husband was out at the bins at 3am. She told me to point out any future noise. Then the heads gone. Accusing me of harassment while at the same time saying I was lucky it was raining yesterday otherwise she would have been round. I know it's all projection based on guilt and fear but ffs have a listen to yourself.
They blamed all the neighbours for it again despite the fact that their lights were on then said they were asleep but I woke them up and they were making a cup of tea.
Making tea at the bins while asleep but it was the neighbours.
Alrighty then.