Evil Neighbours Thread

:BIG RANT:

Stayed in the same house for over two years now and I think unfortunately I've inherited a feud between my house and the next door neighbours.

Both the neighbours are in their late 30's/early 40's and are both disabled.

The woman was ok then after an accident left permanently disabled and has to walk on crutches, her husband left her and somehow she's got a new boyfriend who also walks around on crutches. Both of them do not work but one of them manages to run a business from home which involves noise and banging.

They are both on pain relief and must have disturbed sleep and usually get up around midday or later, I never hear a peep out of them before 10AM usually, which is good.

When I moved in I noticed that you could hear any impact noises or bumps/stomping from next door pretty loudly so I was considerate and wore headphones when listening to music and tried to keep the TV down low at night, I also cut the shared lawn and painted the shared fence.

The problems started after the first month or so when I heard them banging around really loudly, I actually thought that they were moving out as it sounded like furniture - this continued pretty much every week night for weeks from 12AM-3/4AM and seriously effected me at work etc.

After a while I managed to build up the courage to speak to them after one of them thanked me for cutting the grass, not only did they not apologise they looked stunned and denied making any noise at all.

For the next few months I then got after 1AM

Banging on the walls - followed by laughing

Flushing the toilet several times in a row

Buying several bird feeders and moving them beside my fence - garden was invaded by birds and caused so much damage by birdshit that I had to repaint my decking and the fence at a cost of £50+

Making the dog bark deliberately

Staring like a mannequin at anyone in my garden from their window

I had to go to them again with a small letter detailing the damage to the garden and asked them nicely if they would take it down, at the same time I placed a fake bird of prey thing on the fence after painting. The fake bird thing blew over their fence and then like a shot one of the was round banging on my door then shouted at me to removed this from their fence as if it was the end of the world. I secured it up on my side of the fence only to be awoken to the sound of the two of them out in the garden at 1AM in the dark - five minutes after I had switched my light off - on a ladder reaching across into my garden trying to remove the item.

I later heard that her accident had been her dog reacting to the previous occupants cat and knocking her over and making her disabled so somehow she thought that this bird was going to attract a cat? But somehow the two dozen finches and pigeons wasn't?

Since then it has calmed down but they still do the following

I do the washing - they do the washing exactly after it

I stay up late Friday or Sat - they 'punish' me for doing this by banging and laughing on a Sunday night/Monday morning

Throwing the ball for the dog against the fence so that it charges into it and damages it

Just being incosiderate arseholes most of the time and banging away like it's the afternoon after midnight.

I really don't want to go to the enviromental health or the council about them but after two years I've had enough of these fucktards and I'm annoyed at the previous occupants for not telling me about this.

I cut their grass and even lent them money so that someone painting my house could do part of theirs and still they are acting like two year olds.

I have resisted the temptation to buy airhorns or the like and give them a rude awakening but wonder if this might get better results?

I have also spotted, not by nosing, that the boyfriend can walk about unassisted out the back and even lay paving slabs despite having a sore enough back to walk about on crutches out the front??! Also how can you run a full time business - that also involves banging - and claim disability? Could they be investigated?

I've never experienced or heard of someone actually deliberately making noise like this before but reckon that the disability and her husband leaving her has turned her into a mentally unstable person who is unable to deal with her situation and is just lashing out.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

:BIG RANT:

I would definitely get onto someone about all of this if you are certain it is all deliberate which at some points it definitely does. Just remember that if you start this kind of action against them they could up the ante so to speak and make your life a little worse so be ready.

In all seriousness, can't you move your bedroom to a room that's not next to theirs?

If it were me I'd go next door and give them a telling. If it gets worse or carries on then buy yourself earplugs for when you need to sleep. Stick your stereo on quite loud and then put the speakers up against the wall when you go to work or leave the house etc. f**k them.

Rational and great points. But it's the principle, Can't be letting these fuckers away with it!

In all seriousness, you're going to need some evidence of this. So noise diaries, and you could also try recording the sounds, so that you can play the authorities (if you go to any) actual tangible evidence. Spend a few days getting some revenge to really annoy them and make them ramp it up. Then stop...wait a couple days, and then start recording. Once you've got a solid weeks worth of evidence, you're sorted.

It sounds like you've already done the nice thing and asked them to stop, so on to the next step.

Through trying to be decent, and do the right thing, you've allowed this to drag on for way too long mate . You see, people like the charmers you've described here, don't see you as being a good, considerate neighbour..they see you as a mug .

However, there are two methods that you can employ to get some peace in your own home ;

Firstly, there's the legal route which involves the police, the local council, and the Environmental Health services . If used properly this method will work, but will probably take some time .

The second method isn't a legal route( so I won't go into details here ), but it's guaranteed to work pretty quickly .

PM me if you're interested in futher info on these solutions . :)

I stay in a four-plex and the 2 lassies above me are noisy as fuck. Always seems to be at around 11pm that they start stomping around and dropping what sounds like a large boulder on the floor above.

If one of them wasn't an absolute piece, and a sound lassie, we would be having words. Mostly sex words.

I feel for you - we had severe problems with our drug-dealing neighbour before we were finally able to move last year.

A word of caution, though - there is virtually no way to win against anti-social neighbours, bar moving away.

Through trying to be decent, and do the right thing, you've allowed this to drag on for way too long mate . You see, people like the charmers you've described here, don't see you as being a good, considerate neighbour..they see you as a mug .

However, there are two methods that you can employ to get some peace in your own home ;

Firstly, there's the legal route which involves the police, the local council, and the Environmental Health services . If used properly this method will work, but will probably take some time .

The second method isn't a legal route( so I won't go into details here ), but it's guaranteed to work pretty quickly .

PM me if you're interested in futher info on these solutions . :)

Part Time Hitman?

Alternatively, take pictures or film the guy lifting slabs etc and tell them that if they don't shut the f**k up you'll show the benefit fraud folk.

I like this, get real snidey with it!