Muse

NorthernLights

Sounds... interesting. I do like the fact that Muse don't rehash the same album over and over again and again it sounds like this album will have its own sound compared to the other albums. It'll be good to hear a full song in the not too distant future.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt Bellamy is certainly a crazy guy, but a sort of genius at the same time. I doubt the 'dubstep' kind of style will be something heavily implemented on the upcoming album, but Muse do like to experiment so I wouldn't be surprised if they try something like that in at least a couple of songs. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

The weird thing about my loyalty to Muse is that they could produce awful music and I'd still find a way to love them. I don't think I'm that much different to other people and their favourite bands.

I still miss their older stuff from Pre-Black holes and Revelations, but I do find it rather refreshing that they go different with every album that comes out and I'll probably love The 2nd Law just like i've done beforehand. Either way, I can't wait for this badboy 8)

I must admit that I did not think I could have less love for Muse than I did just a few minutes ago.

But Muse go brostep? I really wish I hadn't entered the thread.....

Their last album was brutally bad, they were possibly one of my favourite bands going into about 2006 or 2007 and I genuinely felt they hadn't made a bad album. Can't judge on a trailer video but it'd seem like success going to their heads if they're throwing in dubstep into an album and thinking that it'll be good.

Getting my ticket as soon as possible for the 24th October.

Don't know if the album trailer is suggesting that they are going in a different direction but i'm sure Matt Bellamy knows what he's doing

• 2 months later...

It's completely different. As you obviously would expect from Muse nowadays. I can totally understand the generally negative reaction of a lot of Muse fans. To be honest, I do prefer Survival but I actually have listened to Madness a few times now and I'm definitely liking it a lot more than I did on my first listen.

although I'm aware music is subjective, I cannot think of a more cringe inducing band. Just horrible in everyway.. lyrically, sonically, cod opera sliding on your knees englishness. Art school sell your soul money band for radio 1 children

I'm getting worried after listening to Survival and Madness. Really poor in comparison to the stuff they have produced in the past and can only hope that the rest of the album is better.

Matt Bellamy said that the electric style of Undisclosed Desires would be incorporated into this album so i'm looking forward to that.

Archived