30 minutes ago, forameus said:

Why is Galloway/McIntyre going into NXT?  Presume it must be his own choice, but would've thought they'd consider him good enough for the main roster immediately.

Only AJ Styles has bypassed NXT in recent years. Why would they see McIntyre any differently from the rest when guys who are far better than he is have had to go through it?

2 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Only AJ Styles has bypassed NXT in recent years. Why would they see McIntyre any differently from the rest when guys who are far better than he is have had to go through it?

Fair enough, but I was more meaning that he's already been on the main roster for a fair while in the past.  Wouldn't be surprised if it was his choice though.  It'll be more like what he's used to, and he's likely to be better used.  

NXT were in the market for a top guy and there he was. He'll be brilliant there (hopefully). I also don't think they'd want him straight on the main roster, better to distance himself from 3MB and get an NXT Championship run in him first of all. 

What are we looking at for the top guys then? Roode, McIntyre, Ohno, Strong, Itami, Young & maybe Black? I'm feeling a bit meh with the Bobby Roode run at the moment, his matches with Nakamura were a bit on the boring side if I'm honest. 

At the moment, I really don't see the rush for any of the top names to come up to the main roster. Is there a contractual clause that they must come up? I know some of the top guys have come through NXT, like the main event from Raw last night, but some of the others have really flounderd in the mid card as well.

Fair enough, Nakamura does deserve a push, but some of the others being mentioned will just get lost at the moment. Give them more time in Orlando until they are actually needed.

Guest bernardblack
Itami will be dumped before he's ever a top guy. I think Dain is more likely than Young from Sanity as they've already set up a bit of a tiff between him and Ohno. Roderick Strong won't be in the main scene for a while yet.

Itami dumped due to persistent injuries?

Other than that they'd be daft to let him go

Axel Dietel Jr is on the way. He's really good. wXw guy. Wrestled on the last few PROGRESS shows as part of Ringkampf. They offered WALTER from the same thing and he respectfully told them about his ties in Europe and declined.

That was some kick by Black to dispatch the jobber. Total highlight reel stuff.

The weepy Ember Moon segment did nothing. They've went the wrong way with that. She should be furious that Asuka cheated to get the win at Takeover and should be pushing that she had her beat and that Asuka couldn't win without cheating. She should say that she's better than Asuka and that Asuka knows it. Not that sad pish we saw.

Dillinger vs Young steel cage match next week should be good, but I laughed when Tye said the cage means there won't be interference. It's not stopped interference for over 20 years, and if anything pretty much guarantees it.

Agree with everything said about Drew and Lorcan. Good hard hitting match that was a great way to re-introduce McIntyre.

How is it Nakamura can speak decent enough English (albeit with a heavy accent) whilst Asuka can barely blurt out an obviously memorized sentence in English?

Johnny Wrestling was well in to Nakamura's theme tune at the end (to be fair it is brilliant).

Edited by DA Baracus

Dillinger vs Young steel cage match next week should be good, but I laughed when Tye said the cage means there won't be interference. It's not stopped interference for over 20 years, and if anything pretty much guarantees it.

NXT still using the Spider-Man style cage? (As in the one where all four sides are hanging horizontal then lowered into a vertical angle?)

What's the point in Percy Watson? He adds absolutely nothing and sounds wooden and boring doing so, and usually sounds like he's reading off a script. He often adds little moronic comments that just echo whatever was said by one of the other commentators, but as if they never said it.

Anyway, that elbow off the cage from EY was beautiful. Had to chuckle when the commentators expressed surprise at the rest of Sanity getting involved, as it wasn't massively obvious that it was going to happen.