Meltzer is a knob. That match was exceptional stuff though. So good.

Anyway, there's a new number 1 contender for the UK title

Roderick Strong

Also

TM61 returned

NXT is mentally stacked now. So many good talents. Sanity, EC3, Undisputed Era, Alistair Black, Roddy Strong, Drew McIntyre, Ricochet, Almas, Johnny Wrestling, Ciampa, AOP, Ember Moon, Velveteen Dream, Kari Sane, Shayna Bazler, Iconic Duo, Ruby Riott, Orney Lorcan, Kassius Ohno, Candace LeRae, War Machine

An interesting direction from the recent TV tapings from what I can see...massive WM weekend and run-up spoilers below

So looks like it's, as expected, Aleister Black going up against Almas in New Orleans.  Fair enough, but given the way they've been booking Almas, not entirely clear as to who is going to come out on top.  With him being in the Rumble though, wouldn't be surprised to see him drop the title and go up the next night, letting Black have a run before he ends up going up.  Maybe up against Cole?  Few options there.

Looks like Baeszszszsler against Moon again.  Still not sold on the former, but their match was alright I suppose.

But the big news is around Ciampa and Gargano.  The first set of tapings seemed like they were going well with Ciampa coming out for promos, but neither time getting a word out before being booed out of the place.  Also smashed up some Gargano signs that had been tactically given out.  But then I read a report that Gargano lost a career match for the NXT Title against Almas when Ciampa hit him with the crutch again.  Kayfabe wise, Gargano is now out of NXT, which makes his showdown with Ciampa even more interesting.  I expect we'll get some kind of unsanctioned match at Takeover New Orleans before Gargano does go up, but maybe they're going to go weird and actually have it at WM?  Would be an odd one though, given that the NXT crowd would be molten hot for that match.  

Ricochet also debuted, and he's keeping the name.  Interesting to see how he's booked before eventually getting ruined on the main roster.

Think it'd be pretty tight on the NXT fans who have been on board with the Gargano - Ciampa relationship all this time for them to not give them a payoff in that world; but then again, who knows what wwe might serve up.

I don't think I've been so drawn in and invested in a character since I was a youngster watching Austin and Undertaker, than I am with Johnny Gargano (granted I started watching again at the tail-end of DB's rise). Got a total heart-on for the boy.

They're probably just one step away from this being as good as the Daniel Bryan/Authority storyline, and that's probably the most they've nailed a long-term story in the last few years.  I think it suffers slightly from being on NXT, meaning the only advancement comes in a taping every few months.  They could well have ruined it if it was on the main roster, but I'd love to have seen them take a year to really build this one up ahead of a pay-off at WM.

Ciampa's injury came at a horrible time, but I think it's actually been perfect.  So much so that I wouldn't even be bothered if it turned out the whole knee injury was a work.  You had them being brought together as a team (it was a thrown-together one, wasn't it?), leading up to the excellent CWC match.   Lightly teasing dissension before an era of absolutely amazing tag-team matches.  Every show I was waiting for the break-up, but they kept dragging it out wonderfully.  The whole bait-and-switch ahead of the actual beat-down.  The beat-down itself was amazing.  Then the injury, and Gargano's few months of going on a losing streak, redemption, a wonderful title match, what's happening now, and then Ciampa's return.  They could have an average match in New Orleans and it would still be just wonderful start to finish.

10 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Should be the same as the TV thread in that you don't post about it until it's aired. And obviously once it has aired, no point going in said thread until you've actually watched it.

Agreed. Which is why I suggested a spoiler thread. Don't see why there shouldn't be a thread for people to start discussing what's happened on the tapings.

• 2 weeks later...

Get the main event from the most recent NXT watched. Alamas and Gargano are two of the best anywhere in the world at the moment.

Also new Dusty Rhodes Classic announced with the winners getting a shot at the tag titles at Takeover New Orleans

What are your top 5 NXT matches?

Mine are:

1. Andrade Cien Almas vs Johnny Gargano (Takeover Philidelphia, 2018)

2. Shinsuke Nakamura vs Sami Zayn (Takeover Dallas, 2016)

3. The Revival vs DIY (Takeover Toronto, 2016)

4. Pete Dunne vs Tyler Bate (Takeover Chicago, 2017)

5. Authors of Pain vs DIY vs The Revival (Takeover Orlando, 2017)

For me 1 and 2 are stick ons but the others could all change places easily.

I fully expect Gargano vs Ciampa at Takeover New Orleans to break in to this list 

1: Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens : Takeover Rival

2: Neville vs Sami Zayn: Takeover REvolution

3: The Revival vs Gargano & Ciampa : Takeover Brooklyn II

4: Sasha Banks vs Becky Lynch : Takeover Unstoppable

5: Asuka vs Ember Moon : Takeover Brooklyn III