Great show. Opener was good. UK match was exceptional. It was paced perfectly and the hot crowd helped raise it even more. Women's match was decent enough, although its obvious it's going to be Moon who beats Asuka. Title match was good and the best I've seen of Itami so far. Not sure where he goes from here though.

Tag match was brilliant. Started slow but built up well with a couple of mental spots, most notably Ciampa with the suplex that broke the ladder, the stereo dives off the big ladder (thought Gargano got flipped right on to his face) and Gargano taking a ladder square to the puss. That last one looked legitimately awful. Gargano must be one of the best sellers around, although after that ladder shot I'm not sure he had to sell that much as he looked genuinely fucked.

Heel turn was immensely done, and they chose the right place, surely aware of the reaction Ciampa would get, which helped sell it and will help fans watching really accept him as a right b*****d. These two should have an incredible series.

Cracking watch. Dunne vs Bate outstanding and at a combined age of 43 we could be watching them do that for a long time to come. Enjoyed Itami/Roode as well.

Ladder match and after match shenanigans were great. DIY showdown at the next takeover will be spectacular. May go and rewatch their match from the cruiserweight classic to whet the appetite a bit. 

Gargano's face as he crawled onto Ciampa. f**k sake.

That was the best bit for me. The selling was brilliant, just the disbelief of what had just happened as he crawled over to him. Ciampa's creepy thousand yard stares were great too, particularly as he sat on the edge of the announce table watching him get treatment.

The eventual match these two have has the potential to be one of the best NXT put on. When was the last time there was such a personal storyline in NXT that wasn't about just wanting to take a title away from someone? Zayn/Owens? This will top it I think. Whenever you see Ciampa really go at it, I don't think there's many on the roster that look like they are genuinely trying to kill someone. At least one repeat of the CWC match but with clear, real animosity...ooft.

TV Tapings happened for the next few weeks last night, and from what I've read, they've played the explanation for the Ciampa heel turn absolutely perfectly.  Expect it'll be on the show on Wednesday, looking forward to seeing it live.

On 2017-5-26 at 11:18, forameus said:

TV Tapings happened for the next few weeks last night, and from what I've read, they've played the explanation for the Ciampa heel turn absolutely perfectly.  Expect it'll be on the show on Wednesday, looking forward to seeing it live.

It was decent. Basically Ciampa said he was raging that Gargano was going to replace him to due to injury when he had put aside his health for the team. The man himself can explain it much better than me;

Just now, DA Baracus said:

It was decent. Basically Ciampa said he was raging that Gargano was going to replace him to due to injury when he had put aside his health for the team. The man himself can explain it much better than me;

It was one of the more believable heel turns.  Something more than just "I'm going to turn on you now".  Smart to use the real injury he got as the basis, and very smart to play him as angry, dangerous, but also someone who really didn't want to do what he did.

Just really sad that the injury he got is so bad.  Takeover Brooklyn had a ready made blockbuster match right there, but that's unlikely to happen now.  Maybe at Takeover Royal Rumble if he's healthy, or could have to wait until Wrestlemania Weekend.  A podcast I listened to suggested getting Gargano back after a wee while then having him go up against Roode as the new super face.  A title win for him would be brilliant, then have Ciampa come in and reignite the feud.  Or, probably better, Ciampa costs him what looks like a title win and do it that way.  

2 minutes ago, forameus said:

It was one of the more believable heel turns.  Something more than just "I'm going to turn on you now".  Smart to use the real injury he got as the basis, and very smart to play him as angry, dangerous, but also someone who really didn't want to do what he did.

Just really sad that the injury he got is so bad.  Takeover Brooklyn had a ready made blockbuster match right there, but that's unlikely to happen now.  Maybe at Takeover Royal Rumble if he's healthy, or could have to wait until Wrestlemania Weekend.  A podcast I listened to suggested getting Gargano back after a wee while then having him go up against Roode as the new super face.  A title win for him would be brilliant, then have Ciampa come in and reignite the feud.  Or, probably better, Ciampa costs him what looks like a title win and do it that way.  

How long will Ciampa be out? Gutted that it looks like a lengthy lay off as he's one of my favourites.

I like that idea about Gargano going for the title as a 'super face'. He's one of the best sellers around and can draw sympathy and support from almost any crowd. The series between he and Ciampa should be immense.

Guest bernardblack

How was it ?

It was excellent cheers. Lengthy show and they played to the crowd like a classic house show

15 hours ago, bernardblack said:

It was excellent cheers. Lengthy show and they played to the crowd like a classic house show

Many empty seats? Saw they were doing a 4 for 2 on tickets at one stage.

Why is Percy Watson still employed? He brings absolutely nothing to his role and is fucking dreadful at it. He also seems quite dim. After Nikki and Asuka had an extensive brawl backstage which included Asuka repeatedly smashing Nikki's head against a roller door and where Nikki dunked Asuka's head in a cooler full of ice and water, Percy hit out with "This feels almost personal!".

Never realised Terra had a wee brother. He got a kicking from Drew. Talking of Drew, is it just me or is he not all that over with the NXT crowd? Maybe he needs something as since he's come in he's not had a feud.

Roderick Strong is the Gunther of NXT in that he always mentions his wife.

As expected AOP vs Heavy Machinery feud will be on. Could be good.

Ohno vs Black next week. That should be rather lovely.

To the surprise of no one Asuka retained her title, but it was a lazy finish. We all know it'll be Ember Moon who beats her for it so any title match Asuka has until then is a foregone conclusion.

Edited by DA Baracus

On 6/15/2017 at 19:59, DA Baracus said:

To the surprise of no one Asuka retained her title, but it was a lazy finish. We all know it'll be Ember Moon who beats her for it so any title match Asuka has until then is a foregone conclusion.

You'll not be too happy that they've just announced Asuka vs Nikki Cross in a Last Woman Standing Match for the title on the June 28th NXT then.

Guest bernardblack
Many empty seats? Saw they were doing a 4 for 2 on tickets at one stage.

Only just noticed this. Quite a few empty seats tbh. Pretty much could move up a few rows to get better seats as there were a lot of gaps