Breaking Bad

Kejan

3 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Ozymandias remains the single greatest episode of television ever made. It is and complete and utter masterpiece. Perfection from 1st minute to last.

When Hank tells Walt that he's the smartest guy he knows but that they decided to kill him 10 minutes ago is magnificent

Ozymandias remains the single greatest episode of television ever made. It is a complete and utter masterpiece. Perfection from 1st minute to last.

The bit at the start where Walt reminisces about the first time he and Jesse cooked meth out in the desert in the RV. The comparison of how simple and good it was with just him and Jesse to how it ended up is just brilliant.

I'm up to episode 2 of season 2 and I'm struggling to stay with it. I can't believe some people think this is better than the sopranos, Westworld, boardwalk empire or the wire (Which I thought was up and down but always watchable). I'm actually bored watching it. Does it get better from here?

12 hours ago, happysouth said:

I'm up to episode 2 of season 2 and I'm struggling to stay with it. I can't believe some people think this is better than the sopranos, Westworld, boardwalk empire or the wire (Which I thought was up and down but always watchable). I'm actually bored watching it. Does it get better from here?

Yes keep with it. It takes off from season 3 onwards and apart from a couple of episodes here and there, it just gets better and better. Said numerous times on this thread, but the last three episodes are the best tv I’ve ever watched.

Yes keep with it. It takes off from season 3 onwards and apart from a couple of episodes here and there, it just gets better and better. Said numerous times on this thread, but the last three episodes are the best tv I’ve ever watched.
Maybe because I've waited so long to watch it and heard so much hype I was expecting too much. I will keep going with it though.

15 hours ago, happysouth said:

It's a million times better than Boardwalk Empire (which was horseshit after the first 2 seasons). 

Season 4 is my favourite, villians don't get any better than Gus*

*except WW, of course.

• 2 weeks later...

That's me finished and I'm glad I stuck with it. It improved as it went on. Id say the episode in season 2 where they are stranded in the desert is where it changed for me. I still wouldn't rank it as high as some people do but it was a good watch and I'm a bit sad it's finished. I've just dived straight into better call Saul and I'm liking that quicker than I did breaking bad.

49 minutes ago, happysouth said:

That's me finished and I'm glad I stuck with it. It improved as it went on. Id say the episode in season 2 where they are stranded in the desert is where it changed for me. I still wouldn't rank it as high as some people do but it was a good watch and I'm a bit sad it's finished. I've just dived straight into better call Saul and I'm liking that quicker than I did breaking bad.

Glad you stuck with it. What people don’t realise that even though it’s meant to be a drama, there is a lot of comedy there too and superb lines. One of my favourites is from the episode you mentioned - “you’re the one that looks like you just crawled out of a microwave”, and my all time favourite “yo, you ain’t seeing the basement bitch”.

:lol: 

• 1 month later...

Just done my third binge of the 5 seasons, it's still brilliant, my main takeaways were i hated skyler much earlier that I realised, I didn't think it was as much of a slow burner on my third watch as I Did on my first. I also realised I pretty much hated every main character in it, with the exception of Mike, I reckon they were all fannies/c*nt at some point through the series! Walt, Jessie, Walt Jnr, Skyler, hank, Marie, Ted Beneke, Gustavo even say I were all hated at some point but still couldn't take my eyes off it 

2 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I'm I the only person who was hooked on Breaking Bad from the 1st episode? I didn't find it slow at all and certainly not boring.

I was the same. It was Episode 2 that I had problems with.

I'm I the only person who was hooked on Breaking Bad from the 1st episode? I didn't find it slow at all and certainly not boring.

No. Episode one is fantastic. The only episode I didn't really like in the whole thing was "Fly". Even then, it has its moments and was better when I watched it the second time around.

On 5/8/2018 at 01:31, Bully Wee Villa said:

No. Episode one is fantastic. The only episode I didn't really like in the whole thing was "Fly". Even then, it has its moments and was better when I watched it the second time around.

I really enjoyed Fly. The dialog is fucking amazing. Jessie's monologue about his aunt and then Walt talking about the random universe are just perfect. It was slow but it was really important in the grand scheme of things.

It's an interesting question, though. What was the worst episode of Breaking Bad? It's hard to choose because I liked them all but there was an episode in season four, Open House, where it was mostly about B characters and I found that one a little disappointing. It wasn't terrible by any measure. Just wasn't great.

• 4 weeks later...

Watched this all the way through for the 4th time i think.

Can see why folk get bored at certain points, my gf chucked it after the fly episode but when she seen clips of season 5 when i was watching it she was asking all sorts of questions. She just won't pick it up where she left off.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

I've watched it twice all the way through.  I can't be arsed checking so what episode is Fly again?  Seems to get a bit of heat on here.