Video game music

Swampy

4 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

You can't overstate the awesomeness of the Mass Effect soundtrack. The wean had me play the nightclub themes from the various games a few nights back, and it's put me right back in the mood for pimping around Luna in the Mako, searching for the song of the Rachni.

I've been playing FTL again recently, and Ben Prunty's dynamic soundtrack is pretty brilliant. The music changes depending on the sector you're exploring, the type of enemy you're fighting, the ship you're piloting, etc. Does an excellent job of giving a different feel to a game that could have ended up being repetitive, and it remains a good listen even after an embarrassing amount of playtime.

The soundtrack's for all 3 games are outstanding. Im in the midst of going through the trilogy again and its just a delight. Just wish the DLC had some form of discount on PC cause its old now, i mean the 2nd game is 6 years old now(and still immensely better than anything this generation of games has produced) and im looking at about £30 on its DLC, i got all 3 games for under £10, then like £40 on the 3rd games DLC. Frustrating but im probably gonna end up getting them as the DLC is solid

giphy.gif

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

The soundtrack's for all 3 games are outstanding. Im in the midst of going through the trilogy again and its just a delight. Just wish the DLC had some form of discount on PC cause its old now, i mean the 2nd game is 6 years old now(and still immensely better than anything this generation of games has produced) and im looking at about £30 on its DLC, i got all 3 games for under £10, then like £40 on the 3rd games DLC. Frustrating but im probably gonna end up getting them as the DLC is solid

giphy.gif

It's such a shame that Mass Effect 3 was a huge disappointment in terms of storyline as it had everything else going for it. It really had the potential to be by far my favourite gaming series of all time but the third one was effectively a game of 'round up the gang' which in the end didn't matter either way.

To say I'm hyped up for andromeda is an understatement. I'm actually surprised that EA and Bioware haven't done the usual cash grab and announced an updated original trilogy in anticipation of the new game. 

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

It's such a shame that Mass Effect 3 was a huge disappointment in terms of storyline as it had everything else going for it. It really had the potential to be by far my favourite gaming series of all time but the third one was effectively a game of 'round up the gang' which in the end didn't matter either way.

To say I'm hyped up for andromeda is an understatement. I'm actually surprised that EA and Bioware haven't done the usual cash grab and announced an updated original trilogy in anticipation of the new game. 

I actually like the 3rd one, minus the ending. The various character story line conclusions were satisfying. Mordin's and Thane's death's were heartbreaking, seeing the Krogan cured was great, the civil war between the Geth and Quarian coming to a end was great too. They ballsed up the Shepard ending but Overall i thought the game was a satisfying conclusion. Plus it had the best game play of the franchise and the best cover based game play going. It also has a really simple but outstanding multiplayer.

Apart from the ending itself, the dramatic nature and gameplay of ME3 make it my favourite from the 3 and one of my favourite games of all time. The intensity of the situations was constantly reinforced and the soundtrack was a massive part of this. I've found myself sticking it on youtube to listen to often.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Apart from the ending itself, the dramatic nature and gameplay of ME3 make it my favourite from the 3 and one of my favourite games of all time. The intensity of the situations was constantly reinforced and the soundtrack was a massive part of this. I've found myself sticking it on youtube to listen to often.

I've just completed Tuchanka again in ME3, from start to finish its a fantastic mission, Mordin's sacrifice, Eve's speech to the Clan's, going through the ancient city, Evading Kalros,  Fighting directly under the reaper destroyer, Kalros taking down the reaper. Its bloody outstanding. The scope of what is going on in ME3 is massive and it has so many outstanding scenes. 

• 2 months later...

Mortal Kombat Trilogy on the Playstation was funky. Always found the great Nintendo games had music that really complemented the game, such as Zelda Ocarina of time or the Mario games of course.  

8 minutes ago, ThomCat said:

Mortal Kombat Trilogy on the Playstation was funky. Always found the great Nintendo games had music that really complemented the game, such as Zelda Ocarina of time or the Mario games of course.  

The mario one is strange, I mean, the original Mario Bros tune is so iconic and has become so linked with mario, but does it actually suit the game? Hard to say really. It certainly set the tone for the rest of the music in the series and has become pretty intrinsic to it. Zelda clearly suits the tone of the game and has fantastic music. I like the music in Sonic on the megadrive games though, it's more kind of based on the themes of the level and suits each of them well, but has a pretty clear style throughout so you can tell it's music from a sonic game.

• 7 months later...

Been listening to some of the playlist of the music from the fallout games over the last couple of days. Not normally the type of music I would listen to but it's actually pretty good on its own (even better in the game).

• 7 months later...

Just off finding new music on Youtube and stumbled across what is basically the original Zelda's lullaby, turns out it's by some hippie from the 70s. 

Archived