Walking Down The Halbeath Road

35 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Personally would see top 4 as a success, promotion or not. Obviously circumstances would dictate if it would be a good finish or not but for me, top 4. It's all about improving... However there's a great opportunity there to make a push.

I'd take a guess that full back & upfront might be the priority areas to improve in? Think 5/6 teams will fancy their chances of a top 4 finish but a lot will obviously depend on who signs who. 

Whatever happens as long as we finish above you :)

The aim is to finish higher but with a lower budget. Not an easy task for AJ and need to see who he can bring in before predicting where we'll finish. Easier said than done to bring in better players than we had last year in the positions still to be filled. Good move by AJ to get that solid core signed as any players looking at us will see there's already a decent spine to the team who were improving throughout the season.

Such a wasteland when there are no signings to discuss.

Talbot, you sure he's out of contract? I can't imagine we'd release all 3. I can see Paton going which is a shame, he's a cracking player. McCabe likely to get another year if he wants it.

Talbot is definitely out of contract, he said he wants to stay here so I'm really not sure what's the hold up. Perhaps a slight drop in wages or maybe more of a possibility in less game time this season (although we'd have to be signing a very good LB/LWB for that to be the case, imo).