Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I wasn't too impressed with him at first as I thought he flattered to deceive. Clearly had pace and plenty of tricks but not much end product. He has taken on so much responsibility for a young lad on loan and made himself a first pick. Really dangerous player - hope he gets a decent run out for the u21s. Wouldn't be surprised if we managed to bag him for next year as he was raving about working under AJ, saying he's the first coach who played in his position so has really helped his development. 

12 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Wouldn't be surprised if we managed to bag him for next year as he was raving about working under AJ, saying he's the first coach who played in his position so has really helped his development. 

"He played in that position and gives you snippets, things you can work with. I have never really had that from a coach. Growing up all my coaches have all been more defensive minded."

Not exactly "raving". Or was there a longer interview?

Not only did we manage to gloriously f**k up a great chance to go 5th but every other c**t at the bottom won....Dumbarton aside. I'd like to think this is the boot in the balls we need and that the players will actually realise we're in a dogfight and could quite easily go straight back down.

A farce, absolute farce against a pitiful Ayr side. Takes off Moffat, the only decent link up player.
Barely threatened Fleming.
Hopkirk and Reilly scared shit to chase stuff down.
Morris and Ashcroft complacent as f**k.
Poor signings mean very little option from the bench. Fucking sort it out AJ, maybe try a wee tactical change? Fucking Cliche clown.

It's quite embarrassing that we lost that today, they were missing key players and had absolutely nothing up front.

We simply couldn't finish any chances then after they scored it was seemingly inevitable that we would just get worse and more panicked with the crowd on their backs. Taking off the only player who was holding onto the ball (moff) was utterly mental. Williamson could've crossed all day and not found anyone. Talbot was having a mare. Midfield was just awful, Herron seems to have gone backwards.

Why not play 4-5-1 and dominate their midfield? Bring on McCabe and let Moffat drop deep? We had lots of practise of this last season but perhaps without Fais to bail us out we look lost?

Was that really the same team who played Hibs and Dumbarton off the park?

We are in deep shit if we play like this again.

11 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

A farce, absolute farce against a pitiful Ayr side. Takes off Moffat, the only decent link up player.
Barely threatened Fleming.
Hopkirk and Reilly scared shit to chase stuff down.
Morris and Ashcroft complacent as f**k.
Poor signings mean very little option from the bench. Fucking sort it out AJ, maybe try a wee tactical change? Fucking Cliche clown.

Well that's the first time I've seen a sub get booed for not challenging the keeper then he runs up and stops before challenging him. 

Boooo!

what the....

BOOOOOOOOOOO!

Summed us up.

Wonderfully reactionary in here as ever, yes it needs sorted out soon but as long as we keep our heads above water that's good enough for me, I would be expecting some extremely smart recruitment in the summer however, as well as upping the standard for contract renewals this season.

Actively want punted: McCabe, Moffat, Hutton.

Wouldn't be gutted if they left: Hopkirk, Paton, Spence (wouldn't mind him staying but he'd need to improve), BRE (as sexy as he is, only realistically a backup option going forward), Geggan (as before, would be gutted in an emotional sense because of all he's done for the club, but he's not good enough for us to rely on him as a first team regular.)

Positions that desperately need filled: Striker, Central midfield, Right Back (If we can't rely on Williamson being fit then we need to sign a good full back.), Right Wing (assuming McMullen leaves)

Feel we can get away with Talbot for now, he is solid enough but that's all he's going to be.

Wee need to add some quality in depth to that as well.

Will all obviously depend on the resources we have available, but right now our squad is not good enough to match the club's ambitions, I think they underestimated greatly both the step up as well as the impact of losing Faiss. Winning the league so comfortably seems to have created a strong air of complacency about us.

On 20/08/2016 at 23:30, TheMessiah said:

BRE has been excellent, the goal last week was caused by miscommunication with the keeper, his booking today was the exact same reason, aside from that he has been fucking excellent.

Williamson was good against Hibs and just about our best player today.

You're talking out of your arse, as usual.

I think Williamson could clear the ball off the line 3 times and score a hat-trick and you'd still say he was shite.

Deary me.