Walking Down The Halbeath Road

. The vast majority never having had the pressure of taking a penalty worth, in essence, £150-200k. Does anyone really know how their nervous system would react to that pressure? Practicing pens would only go so far, and then the keeper can still get in the way.

There are plenty jobs out there where people work under extreme stress with far more at risk and far less room to manoeuvre, the people in these jobs combat this by preparing as well as possible to succeed.

Practicing can only get you so far? Absolute nonsense. Not one of the players hit anything close to the corners on Wednesday and they got exactly what they deserved. No keeper would've got in the way of Donatis penalty, unsurprisingly the most accomplished player on the field who will have had the most practise in his career.

Can only get you so far though...

Edited to add:- 7th or 8th isn't mid table mediocrity, it's Pish.

There are plenty jobs out there where people work under extreme stress with far more at risk and far less room to manoeuvre, the people in these jobs combat this by preparing as well as possible to succeed.

Practicing can only get you so far? Absolute nonsense. Not one of the players hit anything close to the corners on Wednesday and they got exactly what they deserved. No keeper would've got in the way of Donatis penalty, unsurprisingly the most accomplished player on the field who will have had the most practise in his career.

Can only get you so far though...

Edited to add:- 7th or 8th isn't mid table mediocrity, it's Pish.

"Life is more tough on those who expect much" B&WT 2017

Lower your bar, much happier will you be. Yoga. Long time ago....

I am going to be doing something high stress today affecting the accounts system of a multi billion pound corporation. Have I practiced? Yes.

Will I be shitting it if it goes Pete Tong? Definitely.

I get to roll it back though, you can't do that with a penalty (unless the keeper moves off his line early of course).

I agree, 7th is pish, in League one, which is where we were not too long ago, or have you erased that memory?

19 hours ago, Grant228 said:

You did have Dundee, Inverness and Dunfermline though, while they're not as big as Utd and Hibs the first two are bigger than Falkirk while we were a pretty established top three team, as Falkirk are atm.

There should be a bit more pressure to achieve a bit more than finish eigth, realistically is he going to take us from that to playoffs? No chance, cut your losses and give the manager a summer to get his head around it.

Inverness are not bigger than Falkirk.

Inverness are not bigger than Falkirk.

Fanbase wise absolutely not.

However in the past ten years they must've spent the vast majority of that in the Premiership and they've won a Scottish cup.

They're a better footballing team than either us or Falkirk over the last decade. The season they last won the championship they had a very good side very ably managed, they were a stick on for top three much like Falkirk are this year, that's what I was trying to get across.

So anyone who's content with staying in the division falls into the category of the "lucky to have a club" gang? I get that you and Grant like to analyse and question. It's healthy but is steady progress not acceptable. You mentioned Raith but they didn't enter administration but were in League 1 as long if not longer than we were.

As far as JJs era.....the club was dying on its arse for most of his tenure. So many outside factors were in play at that time. I was definitely tolerating lesser quality due to the administration factor I'll grant you that (no pun intended)

7 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

So anyone who's content with staying in the division falls into the category of the "lucky to have a club" gang? I get that you and Grant like to analyse and question. It's healthy but is steady progress not acceptable. You mentioned Raith but they didn't enter administration but were in League 1 as long if not longer than we were.

As far as JJs era.....the club was dying on its arse for most of his tenure. So many outside factors were in play at that time. I was definitely tolerating lesser quality due to the administration factor I'll grant you that (no pun intended)

Now it seems different but at the time I think, myself included, were just appreciative of having a team to watch.

We actually went backwards and very nearly got stuck in the seaside league. I don't want to go back there, hence the moaning.

:lol:

Now it seems different but at the time I think, myself included, were just appreciative of having a team to watch.
We actually went backwards and very nearly got stuck in the seaside league. I don't want to go back there, hence the moaning.
[emoji38]

No one does.

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Yep, lots of teams with less fans and resources have been doing better than us. Not many with better resources doing worse.

Guess we are just lucky to have a club or because of admin we have been putting up with absolute garbage.

You're talking absolute nonsense, two seasons ago this might've been a valid point, we've just come up and are finding our feet, we're fine.

I don't give one iota of a flying f**k even to this date if other Pars fans think we should be doing better than we are overall.

There has to be a acknowledgement that all is going forward at a pace that is both controlled and relevant. No reactive decision making, just a sustained and planned progression.

Have to say, on the pitch could be better in some respects but I think we'll survive this year and see where we go next season.

I'll personally never forget what happened during the dark days. Lucky to have a club, too fuckin right we are. That doesn't mean we shouldn't have expectations right enough, and that is shared by those running the club. You will not get a bigger fan than Ross McArthur.