Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 minutes ago, Fungi said:

I think Hoppy is good to be honest

Hoppy at least looks determined and aggressive. I can understand AJ going with more experienced guys just now but if we end up in a no mans land clear or relegation and no chance of promotion playoffs he should get a few starts. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Hoppy at least looks determined and aggressive. I can understand AJ going with more experienced guys just now but if we end up in a no mans land clear or relegation and no chance of promotion playoffs he should get a few starts. 

From his goal first game of the season, to then changing the game at Easter road to his goals for the hattrick in U20s (yeah, not exactly same standard BUT they were well struck goals) you can't argue he wouldn't deserve a chance. He is strong as well as fast, always good. Don't like the sound of league deadzone though, boring.

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Been thinking this for the last few weeks but I've really noticed I've been enjoying games a lot more this season. Seems to be decent bond developing with the players and the atmosphere in the NW has been great during the last few matches at EEP.

Yep I'm enjoying football a lot more this season. Mainly because of the step up in quality of opposition and watching the team coming to terms with that fact.

We're getting somewhere now with the team unity and it's getting the crowd behind them.

My seat is in the North West and it's definitely jumping in there under the TV Gantry. I love it.

Duthie was laughably poor at the back in the win over Morton. Got torn apart more than once.

Indeed, he was the same against Ayr, not sure what we've given him a contract extension based on.

Also Scott Lochhead has went to Clyde on loan.

No idea what you're talking about.

We've got a good few youngsters out on loan which is good to see, however have we ever sent a youth player out on loan and then he's came back and went into the side? Closest I can think about was Thomson the taxi assassin.

Nobody really has followed the desired path of. Promising youngster -> loaned out -> first team player.

But then we haven't really been in the position we are in youth development for at least 15 years. We spent ages with no interest in youth before admin and at that point the players we had developed were needed for first team. Can't remember being in a position where we had a reasonable experienced first team and also having youth players who may be capable if they get the chance.

I know that Falkirk have a link with Swansea to develop young players but I think they get first dibs on them?

Maybe we could link up with someone and get them from U20 to big transfers. We seem to be good at youth level then lose guys like McHattie or Scougal. Martin looks half decent and Gill could be promising there has been a few others with lots of potential but never really fulfilled it. Bryne and Williamson are great examples of players who had very good basics but never developed physically to cope with football above league one. Taxi Thommo is about the only player who wasn't like hen broon after three years of full time training. I don't know why we can't bring guys through but Accies, Livvy and Falkirk can. I feel we are missing out on a great resource.

In regards to the atmosphere/enjoyment of games.

They tend to be a lot more enjoyable when you don't know what's going to happen and there's more than 50 away fans.

Rocking up and pumping diddies every week was fun, but not really deeply enjoyable, you wouldn't get the same "fucking yas" feeling after a win as you do in this league, especially given that wins are much harder to come by and therefore much more important.

Being in the same league as the wee team and Falkirk has helped as well obviously, as well as the fact that we have a few teams who actually have decent following (although Ayr's has gotten worse somehow)

9 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

In regards to the atmosphere/enjoyment of games.

They tend to be a lot more enjoyable when you don't know what's going to happen and there's more than 50 away fans.

Rocking up and pumping diddies every week was fun, but not really deeply enjoyable, you wouldn't get the same "fucking yas" feeling after a win as you do in this league, especially given that wins are much harder to come by and therefore much more important.

Being in the same league as the wee team and Falkirk has helped as well obviously, as well as the fact that we have a few teams who actually have decent following (although Ayr's has gotten worse somehow)

So it's arrogance and feeling that some teams are beneath us then?