Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Clark did a decent enough job for us and I wish him well, just not against us.

I never felt like he was going to be a long termer with us.

You get the feeling with some players like Murdoch, Cardle, Higgy, Robinson, Ashcroft and Morris that they really value playing at East End and are more likely to resign (as some have done already).

Beadling made the point about enjoying his football at East End so he made the decision to sign up.  If we can get a nucleus of players throughout the team of this mind-set then we're onto a potential winner.

39 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Clark in serious debt apparently. 

This is a rumour obviously or have you been lending him money at an extortionate rate?

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Can we just call him a c**t and be done with it?

Want to make clear this was directed towards Scott McDonald and not Nicky Clark.

Clark and Aird will get no end of stick when they play at EEP next season but it won't be deserved. They both did their jobs well and are leaving for more money at a bigger club.

Also, can we avoid speculating about someone's financial position without some sources or evidence?

14 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Clark did a decent enough job for us and I wish him well, just not against us.

I never felt like he was going to be a long termer with us.

You get the feeling with some players like Murdoch, Cardle, Higgy, Robinson, Ashcroft and Morris that they really value playing at East End and are more likely to resign (as some have done already).

Beadling made the point about enjoying his football at East End so he made the decision to sign up.  If we can get a nucleus of players throughout the team of this mind-set then we're onto a potential winner.

I get what you're saying but those players in questions are simply passionate players, they'd be like that at any team they played at. Morris has already left us once and would do again if he gets a better offer. 

What we really need is good players, I've got absolutely no qualms with players coming in for a year to get us promoted. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

I get what you're saying but those players in questions are simply passionate players, they'd be like that at any team they played at. Morris has already left us once and would do again if he gets a better offer. 

What we really need is good players, I've got absolutely no qualms with players coming in for a year to get us promoted. 

These guys are good players, only my opinion of course.

I get that every player has his price but I still think some players are influenced by where they're playing and what they're getting from playing their football. Not all about money.

I am intrigued to see who AJ does bring in, especially up front as it'll be one of the most difficult positions to fill now.

5 hours ago, Piracy said:

This is a rumour obviously or have you been lending him money at an extortionate rate?

Just what I heard and that he was living like he was on Rangers wages. Also the sponsor thing wasn't true his old club paid some of his higher wage for so long then he was on the same as any other first team striker.

I think he did a great job for us and didn't see why people got on his case for not running about all the time. He's a good footballer and a goal scorer at this level and we were lucky to have him. Wish him well just not against us.

I agree he's a good player. 

Pis$ed me off the shit spouted on Dafc.net almost all season by an element of our support. Pathetic.

I agree he's a good player. 
Pis$ed me off the shit spouted on Dafc.net almost all season by an element of our support. Pathetic.

I agree with what you’re saying. I stopped reading .net at least a year ago, and I must say, I’m a happier and more relaxed individual for it.

Dafc.net is officially bad for your health.

2 hours ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

I agree with what you’re saying. I stopped reading .net at least a year ago, and I must say, I’m a happier and more relaxed individual for it.

Dafc.net is officially bad for your health.

I concur.

8 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Just what I heard and that he was living like he was on Rangers wages. Also the sponsor thing wasn't true his old club paid some of his higher wage for so long then he was on the same as any other first team striker.

I think he did a great job for us and didn't see why people got on his case for not running about all the time. He's a good footballer and a goal scorer at this level and we were lucky to have him. Wish him well just not against us.

Heard from who?

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Then why do you still read it?

Because some of the posters are decent. Digs, GG Riva, wee Burty's stuff etc

Some of the information posted is decent also.

Not all the posters on  here or the information is top drawer either to be fair.

On 5/28/2018 at 17:33, Piracy said:

I'd say it's imperative we try to sign another striker.

Where we actually get one from is another matter.

Not as if a 15 to 20 goal a season players are hanging about for long.

What sort of striker do you want? Are you looking for someone to replace Clark directly and start every week or are you happy Ryan, Smith and (if re-signed) McManus can do that and just want another option from the bench?

I did wonder if there might be any interest from you in Derek Lyle. Allan Johnston signed him for us and I'm pretty sure tried to sign him when you were first promoted back to this level. Lyle has claimed in the press that he's had interest from a couple of Championship sides (one believed to have been Dumbarton who were Championship at the time). I don't think he could start regularly at this level now (he's 37) but he might not be a bad option from the bench still if he was prepared to do it. I suspect he'd rather go down a level and play every week than sit on a bench week in / week out though. I know it frustrated him last season. Supposedly he has an offer from Linfield too.

19 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Clark in serious debt apparently. Would go anywhere paying more. Turned down st mirren. United paying more.

Should pawn his watch then!

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

What sort of striker do you want? Are you looking for someone to replace Clark directly and start every week or are you happy Ryan, Smith and (if re-signed) McManus can do that and just want another option from the bench?

I did wonder if there might be any interest from you in Derek Lyle. Allan Johnston signed him for us and I'm pretty sure tried to sign him when you were first promoted back to this level. Lyle has claimed in the press that he's had interest from a couple of Championship sides (one believed to have been Dumbarton who were Championship at the time). I don't think he could start regularly at this level now (he's 37) but he might not be a bad option from the bench still if he was prepared to do it. I suspect he'd rather go down a level and play every week than sit on a bench week in / week out though. I know it frustrated him last season. Supposedly he has an offer from Linfield too.

I would be fucking devastated if we signed Derek Lyle.