Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Moffat was by far a better link player whilst McManus is more of a beating the offside trap kind of player. He could also score against more teams than just Morton. Shite first touch though.

Id keep McManus now that Clark is away for sure, but we need a new striker unless Ryan steps up.

Comparing McManus to Moffat is a little insulting imo, different kind of player entirely though tbh.

IN FM terms Moffat was a "Deep Lying Forward" set to attack

McManus is a "Defensive Striker" set to "support"

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

Comparing McManus to Moffat is a little insulting imo, different kind of player entirely though tbh.

IN FM terms Moffat was a "Deep Lying Forward" set to attack

McManus is a "Defensive Striker" set to "support"

Yep I get that, however neither of them were ever the main goal getters for us, or looked capable of being them, so while they are both different types of supporting strikers they have the same job in the end of providing support to the main striker. And IMO Moffat offered far more in that regard.

20 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Yep I get that, however neither of them were ever the main goal getters for us, or looked capable of being them, so while they are both different types of supporting strikers they have the same job in the end of providing support to the main striker. And IMO Moffat offered far more in that regard.

Think Moffat is being remembered as a lot better than he was tbh.

McManus has a good habit of turning up for the big games as well.

Little love for McManus being shown here. Think you are just preparing yourselves psychologically if he should leave for St Johnstone so that it doesn't hurt too much. Personally I'll be disappointed if he leaves, I think the "runs about a lot stuff" is nonsense, he is a player who presses high and forces defences to play the ball early. I think we'd miss him no matter if you won't admit it.

McManus wants to play every game and tries his best every game.

He's a whole hearted player who gives defences a hard game.

He squanders the odd chance but overall he's an asset and an intergral part of our current squad.

I hope he signs on for next season., 100% behind him.

Edited by Guest

I'd imagine we'll start the season with Ryan, McManus and Smith up front. Off the top of my head I can't think of any strikers that are available at the moment that would improve that team and the manager has always recruited strikers later on in the Summer since he's been here.

I'd say it's imperative we try to sign another striker.

Where we actually get one from is another matter.

Not as if a 15 to 20 goal a season players are hanging about for long.

I'd imagine we'll start the season with Ryan, McManus and Smith up front. Off the top of my head I can't think of any strikers that are available at the moment that would improve that team and the manager has always recruited strikers later on in the Summer since he's been here.
Scott McDonald is. He would score 20+ with the service from the likes of Fraser Aird, oh wait a minute...

6 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:
14 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Scott McDonald is. He would score 20+ with the service from the likes of Fraser Aird, oh wait a minute...

I've thought about that a few times.

He seems like the most obvious option to replace Clark, guaranteed at least 10 goals.

I just can't stop myself hating every single aspect of imagining him in a pars kit.

He seems like the most obvious option to replace Clark, guaranteed at least 10 goals.
I just can't stop myself hating every single aspect of imagining him in a pars kit.
And you would have to stop singing that song too, presumably

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
28 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

And you would have to stop singing that song too, presumably

Absolutely fucking not