Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I think we can now see why Clark has been starting as a striker most weeks. Ignore the ‘lazy’ stuff - he’s the only one that, when playing as a striker, hangs around in the box and creates the space to get chances.

McManus is great, his work rate is second to none. However, you need that poacher, to compliment him. Ok, Nicky Clark seems to waste a fair few chances. But I’d much rather see someone actually getting chances, than the garbage we’ve had the last 2 games, when Clark’s been taken out of the strike force. We haven’t created chances, why’s that? Look in the box, when we have the ball in the final third. Nobody has been trying to create space, the way that Clark usually does. Andy Ryan has been terrible. He’s had his shot, now please put Clark back in his usual role.

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I know you posted this in the match thread but felt it was more appropriate to reply here.

Basically I agree. I've been very patient too and defending the manager as well but I think he's taken us as far as he can and at the end of the season should be thanked and sent on his way.

I said this on the other forum but feel it's worth repeating here; I don't get the personal stuff with the manager and feel It's comically over the top. He's hardly Davie fucking Hay or Stephen Kenny. Folk seem to actually hate him and it looks like one supporters club is actually disbanding as folk won't go to away games whilst he's in charge. Calm it doon 

Aye? ...what supporters club would that be?

Seems a bit petulant to be disbanding a supporters club just because they dislike AJ so much. In fact I don't think it's true.

3 hours ago, Piracy said:

Aye? ...what supporters club would that be?

Seems a bit petulant to be disbanding a supporters club just because they dislike AJ so much. In fact I don't think it's true.

Disbanding because the team aren't challenging for the title might be more accurate perhaps?

37 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Just bypass all of this talk and ring the Yogi phone. You know its coming.

If we get Yogi in I'll come and support Falkirk (I'm not committing to a ST ;) )

I also think AJ is a really nice guy and has modernised our club after JJ, however, I also feel he has run his course. The whole not engaging with the supporters thing is a hard one because he still live in Ayrshire I'm sure so he would leave his house at 7 to start the day and if he attending a supporters event at night he might not be home till 11 or 12 at night you can see why he might not fancy it as a regular occurrence.

I wonder about Jimmy Mac , Crawford and Pots as a trio.

Think it's too soon for Petrie. What we need is someone with a proven record in this league to take us to the next level. Neilson with Crawford would be my ideal choice, but wouldn't be against the return of Jim McIntyre. Hopkin is also a decent shout. Doubt we could afford Stubbs, but when managers are unemployed for relatively long spells they might be more open. 

I really wish they didn't do pre/post match interviews with AJ. Lovely guy but they make him come across so thick each week. Same nonsense questions with the same stock answers (that rarely answer the questions). 

I'd given up with AJ a few months ago, didn't realise just how bad we're doing in the table right now. Start again fresh in the summer and hopefully we get someone in that's decent, although who really is decent at management in Scottish football...

Not really getting the criticism about the manager's interviews. He's no different to any other manager there, unless you have some mental notion that Davie Hay rolled out hilarious jokes or that Stephen Kenny gave deep insightful tactical descriptions or that Jimmy Calderwood said another other than 'wur passin wiz poor'.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Not really getting the criticism about the manager's interviews. He's no different to any other manager there, unless you have some mental notion that Davie Hay rolled out hilarious jokes or that Stephen Kenny gave deep insightful tactical descriptions or that Jimmy Calderwood said another other than 'wur passin wiz poor'.

Post-match against Dumbarton was the worst. He also still seems to think we could get promoted.

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Post-match against Dumbarton was the worst. He also still seems to think we could get promoted.

Managers will, and do, say that sort of shot all the time. I'm finding it strange that the manager is being singled out for it

It's not actually his fault. He's being forced to go through the same script every week and as nice as it was initially to be hearing from the gaffer, it's now become a bit of a parody. He now delivers with an expression that reads "why am I here?"

Good for comic value or playing AJ bingo but no real substance so I'd bin them for a bit. 

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Disbanding because the team aren't challenging for the title might be more accurate perhaps?

What supporters club though, there aren't very many so would be interested if you tell us which one.

4 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

I really wish they didn't do pre/post match interviews with AJ. Lovely guy but they make him come across so thick each week. Same nonsense questions with the same stock answers (that rarely answer the questions). 

I'd given up with AJ a few months ago, didn't realise just how bad we're doing in the table right now. Start again fresh in the summer and hopefully we get someone in that's decent, although who really is decent at management in Scottish football...

I get where you are coming from as the interviews are pretty similar pre/post-match in terms of questions and answers. 

I suppose that's cos we are doing OK: nothing to majorly shout about (imminent promotion / relegation) so there's only so many things you can ask about. 

I can't speak on behalf of anyone else, but I'm sure there opinion would be similar, on the subject of questions asked; I try to ask the most relevant and interesting questions when doing these interviews. Sometimes, especially immediately post-match, it is difficult to get into details, state facts etc as everyone's still in the heat of the moment. I'm happy to take onboard any constructive criticism and suggestions to try improve this aspect. I haven't taken any offence by what's been said - as I said at the start, I totally get where that viewpoint is coming from. 

AJ has a brought a much needed level of professionalism to the club. Works his arse off as well.

He is trying his best and it's not going our way, I think he'll now see his contract out and move on.  Such is the way of progress.