Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Smith and Clark have had poor games but I've never seen McManus have a poor one yet. Even against Falkirk away out wide he was decent.

Clark appears lazy compared to the hard working Smith and McManus but I think he's the best finisher at the club. It's a difficult situation but if McManus has been dropped then Clark definitely should be given a rest.

On 10/28/2017 at 17:13, Stoo61 said:

Does Clark do enough to be playing 90 mins? 

This has to be the single most painfully cliched question for a great finisher.

Yes is the simple answer, if he's not scoring it is because someone else isn't doing their job right.  If he was missing loads of chances then fair enough, but he's not, because he's had no service.

Smith and Clark have had poor games but I've never seen McManus have a poor one yet. Even against Falkirk away out wide he was decent.

He wasn't decent out wide, which is why he swapped with smith(who did a far better job of it) the following week at qots.

We have quality up front regardless of which 2 are picked. It's not the area of the pitch we should be worried about, even if that means the 2 not playing are going to be frustrated.

We all know what Clark is best at, unfortunately he's not getting the opportunity it at the moment. We can change him and get better hold up play or more pressure on defenders but ultimately that isn't going to bring goals to the side, only creating more chances will.

Quite why as the leagues top scorers people are worried about our goalscoring i have no idea.

On 02/11/2017 at 11:50, TheMessiah said:

This has to be the single most painfully cliched question for a great finisher.

Yes is the simple answer, if he's not scoring it is because someone else isn't doing their job right.  If he was missing loads of chances then fair enough, but he's not, because he's had no service.

Lightweight, not particularly good on the ball, not quick. 

A head on legs in the 6 yard box.  Prefer to see McManus start. Personally. 

SO PAINFUL. 

To describe Clark as lightweight and not good on the ball is just nonsense.

As has been said by a few people talking sense, if there are absolutely zero chances being created then Clark isn’t going to score. Smith is doing well for a young lad and has lots of potential but I’d have much rather had Clark running through on goal one on one with the Inverness keeper last week.

As has been pointed out, Clark is the new scapegoat. He was getting dogs abuse up at Inverness. He, by far, wasn’t the worst player on Saturday but he was the focal point for abuse. At Inverness I was stuck next to an absolute bell end dressed like Liam Gallagher who genuinely seemed like he doesn’t go to many games at all. If Clark didn’t control the ball on a sixpence every time it went near him he was foaming at the mouth. Apparently the team not trying hard enough either meant they were all homosexuals(or some word along those lines he used to describe them).

On 26/10/2017 at 13:44, Adam101 said:

Quite possibly but I don’t really see Ashcroft or Morris being moved on or getting much of a better deal else where so he’s unlikely to play much for us or would it be better for him to play league one or bottom end of championship next season than sit about out bench

half the time he isn't even on the bench he's up in the stand with his hood up looking like something out of assassin's creed

On 11/4/2017 at 08:12, parfecto said:

To describe Clark as lightweight and not good on the ball is just nonsense.

As has been said by a few people talking sense, if there are absolutely zero chances being created then Clark isn’t going to score. Smith is doing well for a young lad and has lots of potential but I’d have much rather had Clark running through on goal one on one with the Inverness keeper last week.

As has been pointed out, Clark is the new scapegoat. He was getting dogs abuse up at Inverness. He, by far, wasn’t the worst player on Saturday but he was the focal point for abuse. At Inverness I was stuck next to an absolute bell end dressed like Liam Gallagher who genuinely seemed like he doesn’t go to many games at all. If Clark didn’t control the ball on a sixpence every time it went near him he was foaming at the mouth. Apparently the team not trying hard enough either meant they were all homosexuals(or some word along those lines he used to describe them).

The flogging of Clark was insane yesterday. Some were genuinely at risk of a heart attack they were getting so worked up about him. Pissed myself when they all thought he was getting subbed but he was just getting a drink.

Anyone who ironically cheers a sub is a c**t.

The flogging of Clark was insane yesterday. Some were genuinely at risk of a heart attack they were getting so worked up about him. Pissed myself when they all thought he was getting subbed but he was just getting a drink.
Anyone who ironically cheers a sub is a c**t.

Yeah saw that too.

Ignore the other players who have been poor for weeks because Clark hasn’t scored lately. It’s all his fault because his dad’s the assistant manager. Doesn’t help that absolutely nothing is being created from midfield.

Some of the supporters yesterday were complete simpletons.

Does it have to be a league game? Can it not be in the cup? Genuinely unsure

99% sure any red cards for two yellows are served in the following game in the same competition.

Think it's the same for straight reds if it's for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity

For violent conduct/serious foul play it's 1 game in the same competition and 1 game in the next game. Less sure about this one.