Walking Down The Halbeath Road

11 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

What makes people think that stepping through a turnstile makes it ok to shout stuff like this?

Effectively you're saying being gay is something to be pointed out in public as if it's a problem. As bad as racism or any other discrimination.

Yup. That so many folk don't see anything wrong with it is very concerning. Morons on that thread are just passing it off as 'banter' and are actually having a go at folk who are pointing out that it's unacceptable, as well as making all sorts of crazy attempts at justification for it. Knuckle dragging scum sadly

21 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Should add Dunfermline really impressed me best team we have played by miles. Just getting accross to name an old song - you ain't seen nothing yet. Love that tune. Talking of tunes we run out to a Skids song The Saints Are Coming. 

^^^ annoying old loonie down the pub that's lost his marbles and shit himself

1 hour ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Top of the table head to head

Dunfermline GF 4 GA 3 GD 1 P 3
St Mirren GF 3 GA 3 GD 0 P 3
Dundee United GF 3 GA 4 GD -1 P 3

Demented Zebra can return after he’s analysed it some more.

Looks like we need to up our game against the lesser teams in this league.

We've been too prone to slip ups, particularely Morton, Livi and very nearly Falkirk.

United and Livi was them getting the better of us tactically, Morton was just a complete loss of concentration which we can hope won't happen again.

If we smarten up  a bit tactically and stay mostly injury free we could mount a serious challenge this season.

The problem is that if any of our starting midfielders get injured we become seriously weaker, hopefully in January we will be able to bolster the midfield a bit, and if we're going to have Aird we may as well use him, can't think he'd have done much worse than Hopkirk on sat.

I fear that we've been missing a scapegoat this season, so is David Hopkirk the man to fill that role? Have seen some stuff on Facebook to suggest that he may have taken this position in the hearts of some of our fans (the most hyperbolic being that he should never play for the club again).

4 hours ago, dafcburty said:

For any of yous who didn't read my article with Ryan Williamson in Saturdays match day programme, it is now available to view on my website. 

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/10/03/i-broke-down-in-tears-and-was-inconsolable-ryan-williamsons-injury-hell/

Really enjoyed reading it on Saturday. Was alarming how close he came to throwing in the towel and was a good glimpse at how low players can get during recovery.

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I fear that we've been missing a scapegoat this season, so is David Hopkirk the man to fill that role? Have seen some stuff on Facebook to suggest that he may have taken this position in the hearts of some of our fans (the most hyperbolic being that he should never play for the club again).

He was utterly abysmal on Saturday but he's been better than I expected for the most part this season. He didn't make the most of his chance though, that's for sure.

I think we really are lacking the ability to win games ugly. It's a rather glaring and consistent flaw with AJ; Plan A is usually pretty good but if it doesn't work or starts to go wrong, he doesn't seem to be able to shut a game down.

Maybe I'm totally wrong but I can't think of many games where we've shitfested our way to 3 points in the last few years - St Mirren away and Rovers at home last season spring to mind but they're fairly scarce. I do rate AJ and love watching us when we're in full flow but we need to improve if we want to be taken seriously as title contenders.

44 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Maybe I'm totally wrong but I can't think of many games where we've shitfested our way to 3 points in the last few years

I was saying to my Dad on the way home from Brechin that I was impressed with how we managed to win without playing that well. It wasn't spectacular but we were neat & tidy (apart from the first couple of minutes)

I know what you mean though......

I think lack of options in midfield will mean we can't win the league this time but top four is enough. If we can get an offer for Smith and get some more quality in it might happen but who knows?
Perhaps the signing of Ryan was a tad premature when Smith was showing so much quality personally I'd have Smith playing ahead of any of them for his workrate. We aren't too far away from the finished article just need a plan b.