Walking Down The Halbeath Road

26 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

It's actually 52 goals in 213 games. 174 would be just league appearances and 52 goals are from all comps.

What we have to bear in mind with this great record is that around 60 of the games are actually sub appearances.

Tremendous player, club legend.

Ah, my bad! Where did you get the info from?

The fact that Joey only left out of necessity and came back the first possible opportunity, even when he was not starting last season he chose to dig in and fight for his place rather than consider his options, which for a 29 year-old winger is not an easy choice to make.

Been like a new signing this season and has been a terrific servant to the club and he clearly #lovesthepars

Absolute hero.

The thing I like about Joe is that he'll score against anyone. Yes, he'll rattle goals past part timers but he has also scored against Hearts, ICT and Falkirk so far this year. Compare that to Moff - I think the biggest team he scored against for us was Morton. 

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Aye spot on, the season that we were in the SPL (11-12) I think he was our top goalscorer.

Think the top scorer was Andy Kirk. He got double figures, despite us winning about five games all season. Hugely underrated striker for us.

Cardle has been magnificent for us. He's gone off the boil at times but when he's firing like he has been this season, he looks unplayable. He's obviously already a fan favourite but when you see stats like he's scored more goals for the club than modern icons like Andy Tod and Stewart Petrie, it really hits home what a great servant he's been for the Pars.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Hmmm. Was it the other way about then? I could have sworn Cardle was called our top scorer on the official website (possibly even when he re-joined).

Andy Kirk's goals in the SPL for us; http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=16412&season_id=141

Joe Cardle's goals in the SPL for us; http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=41995&season_id=141

I would have done if I hadn't gone up for the Scottish Cup game therr last season. I was driving but stopped off in Aviemore for lunch and I'm sure there was a pub at the crossroads on the main road into town near the ground and a social club at the ground itself. I'd be surprised if anyone who was drinking that way could remember whether the pub they were in was decent or otherwise tbf