Walking Down The Halbeath Road

The manager saying in his pre-match that both Jak and Hammy are back for tomorrow but Ben Summers season is done, he's not back at Celtic doing rehab. Great to have Jak and Hammy back, missed them big time last week. All the best to Ben Summers, I don't think he was at his best with us and I think he played through injury for a while when things were pretty bleek but I could see him kicking on. Who knows, might end up back here.

33 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Talking of which, do folk feel Jakubiak has done enough to earn a new contract?

Similar situation as Allan. 

I would rather have Allan and Jakubiak than Chalmers and Wighton but we need to upgrade and the latter are still under contract. 

Just now, Stellaboz said:

Nope. Still only scored in one game which, performance against Utd or not, isn't good enough. He's got 4 games to impress further, totally up to him.

Just the three but I agree, hes been okay, show us more and I would be happy enough.

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Talking of which, do folk feel Jakubiak has done enough to earn a new contract?

Not really.  He's not a terrible option but he's one of the guys playing in the area of the pitch which needs improving and we should be taking the opportunity of him being out of contract to try bring better quality in.

On summers,  He's one of these young players you can see exactly why a club the size of celtic would invest in him, he has a few good qualities which they'll be hoping he can put together consistently whilst ironing out the weaknesses but they'll do that to maybe 20 or 30 players every few years in the hope that 1 actually does it and right now he's far more likely to find himself in the group dodging around in their 20's trying to make a few quid PT than he is making a good career as a FT pro, I'm not keen to get him back.

5 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Josh Edwards in championship team of the year 

Just seen it, quite surprised at that to be fair. Although I've not really thought about who else could have got it.

I noticed Falkirk had 10 in the league one team of the year, only non Falkirk player was their striker from last year, Burrell who's at Cove. Be raging if you're that Falkirk striker that missed out! 

1 minute ago, The Toun Clock said:

Just seen it, quite surprised at that to be fair. Although I've not really thought about who else could have got it.

I noticed Falkirk had 10 in the league one team of the year, only non Falkirk player was their striker from last year, Burrell who's at Cove. Be raging if you're that Falkirk striker that missed out! 

Ross McIver, who has been really important for them this season. I guess having all eleven from Falkirk would be a bit weird but the league is absolutely dung this year by the looks of things and if a team goes unbeaten and scores loads of goals and concedes very few there isn't much you can argue. 

50 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Ross MacIver. 

He's been absolutely tremendous at the sharp end of the front four. Should have had more goals and the fact that Burrell has 20 or so has edged him in. MacIver is a better player though.

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Oh and "the league is dung this year" compared to the luminaries of yore such as Clyde and Peterhead.

Our amazing, record-demolishing  season is devalued now 😥

Somebody go fetch the Mulgrew ragin' gif

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Oh and "the league is dung this year" compared to the luminaries of yore such as Clyde and Peterhead.

Our amazing, record-demolishing  season is devalued now 😥

Compared to the juggernauts of Edinburgh and Annan 😂😂