Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Yeah, I think the banked funds can't be deliberately budgeted for use anymore, about £100k(is the actual sum out there? I know it's six figures) is probably the amount we need to keep as a contingency fund for unexpected costs.

Just over half a million is currently banked.

Probably worth pointing out, for those in our fanbase who still don't understand things, that the club don't have an overdraft or indeed access to any credit facility.

#loaded

Let's blow the fucking lot, hot tubs in the norrie concourse, give masterton that statue he wanted and charge to throw stuff at it, give sammy a fair wack if he promises to return to his mental routines.

Probably worth pointing out, for those in our fanbase who still don't understand things, that the club don't have an overdraft or indeed access to any credit facility.

Spoilsport

In all seriousness if that is the current position then we should probably see if it can be spent to improve things for the long term, perhaps look to buy/increase/convert a stake of the stadium company?

Edited by parsforlife

#loaded

Let's blow the fucking lot, hot tubs in the norrie concourse, give masterton that statue he wanted and charge to throw stuff at it, give sammy a fair wack if he promises to return to his metal routines.

Spoilsport

In all seriousness if that is the current position then we should probably see if it can be spent to improve things for the long term, perhaps look to buy/increase/convert a stake of the stadium company?

Long term definitely needs to be the way the club is thinking, which is one of the reasons I'm so against appointing someone like Dick Campbell as the manager.

How did the big guy Buchanan play for you guys? Not trolling, just remember reading one of your supporters saying that he would be playing in the Championship or SPL next year.

How did the big guy Buchanan play for you guys? Not trolling, just remember reading one of your supporters saying that he would be playing in the Championship or SPL next year.

Not that great. He's a reasonable player but I don't think he's capable of playing at a higher level yet. Whoever said he would be playing at championship or spl level is either blind or trolling.

Some said he was better than Morris, that was hernia inducing laughter.

As a Raith fan I am enjoying the fact that you are struggling as a team but wouldn't like you to go bust. Your board should follow Rovers model as we are making profit now and maintaining a comfortable league position. Grant Murray would be a good manager for you

I have highlighted the correct answer. Funny how so many people have 'sources' or how so many people seem to know people at the club or 'close to' the club.

There's no way I would betray the trust of someone when it was said in confidence.

Apparently after the Stranraer cup tie JJ simply wanted away and judging by the slump since then it's been a pretty shitty dressing room full of players who don't want to be there. Our players are better than seventh in the third tier. Something is wrong and continuing with Potter will only prelong the misery. Or perhaps maybe our players just woke up and were totally shite one day?

Just a rumour, just like the Stephen Kenny vs Nipper and his gang. Nobody will ever know but it's costing the fans a fortune.

When will you realise... Alex Ferguson, Jock Stein & (insert your favourite Pars manager here) combined couldn't have won the league with that squad. Just because they are full time doesn't make them better players. Only a handful would interest other league 1 or championship teams. The rest are pish.

When will you realise... Alex Ferguson, Jock Stein & (insert your favourite Pars manager here) combined couldn't have won the league with that squad. Just because they are full time doesn't make them better players. Only a handful would interest other league 1 or championship teams. The rest are pish.

liar

Interesting quote from Bob Garmory in the paper today concerning the recruitment of a new manager and new players. I'm not surprised it appears the likes of Whittle have been shown the door, he doesn't fit the criteria of the type of player we will be looking to sign when the new manager is in place. Garmory mentioned signing the 'right type of player' therefore of the out of contract players from the first team I would expect only Buchanan and McAusland will be retained with Goodfellow, Millen, Thomson, Page, Urquhart, Paterson, George, Stirling, Smith and Barrowman all not being offered new deals. No idea what their thoughts will be with regards to the U20's however don't expect any of them to be given a first team chance next season.

Interesting quote from Bob Garmory in the paper today concerning the recruitment of a new manager and new players.

Courier story ?

Also says Sunday is the deadline for applications.

Will these players (the ones Islay mentions) be out of contract/left already or will they be contracted until later in May, given that our last couple of seasons have ended with the playoff final?

Courier story ?

Will these players (the ones Islay mentions) be out of contract/left already or will they be contracted until later in May, given that our last couple of seasons have ended with the playoff final?

I read it in the Daily Record, however I didn't want to admit I had been reading the Record. Key quote here which is the same given in the Record:

“The recruitment of the right manager and in turn the right types of player is now critical,” said chairman Bob Garmory.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the bookies odds with regards to the new manager either, McPherson is favourite due to the large influx of money that has been recently placed on him. I initially thought Aitken had priced himself out of the job however that may no longer be the case. I'm assuming that the players contracts will run out at the end of May given the fact that the board would have imagined we would have at least made the play-offs.

Interesting quote from Bob Garmory in the paper today concerning the recruitment of a new manager and new players. I'm not surprised it appears the likes of Whittle have been shown the door, he doesn't fit the criteria of the type of player we will be looking to sign when the new manager is in place. Garmory mentioned signing the 'right type of player' therefore of the out of contract players from the first team I would expect only Buchanan and McAusland will be retained with Goodfellow, Millen, Thomson, Page, Urquhart, Paterson, George, Stirling, Smith and Barrowman all not being offered new deals. No idea what their thoughts will be with regards to the U20's however don't expect any of them to be given a first team chance next season.

I don't know how you can interpret that quote to mean anything really, certainly not as who will be kept. No chairman is going to say anything else.

Courier story ?

Think the players will have deals up until the 31st, pretty sure that's the typical end date to cover things like play-offs or even making the cup final.

Not that it will really mean much, they can talk to other clubs anyway and if the new manager wants to bring them in for maybe a day or two training to look over them I would think it would be unlikely they wouldn't come in even tho they would be under no obligation to if that's beyond the end of the month.

I don't know how you can interpret that quote to mean anything really, certainly not as who will be kept. No chairman is going to say anything else.

I'm not basing it solely on what Garmory has said. Interesting times ahead, first thing is hiring the right man for the job.