Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Thought page turned out to be the best out of the three January signings although I thought otherwise at the time.

Forbes will hopefully come good this season, he's a talented player.

Page isn't a guaranteed starter, and certainly has flaws that he wouldn't get away with in higher leagues but he is playing in this league and has looked a solid if unspectacular defender in the past 6 months from what I saw.

Our strength isn't in defence, but if your wanting to win a league you would rather be stronger going forward anyway.

Going by the handful of games I saw towards the end of the season, Martin seemed to be a much better and more competent defender than Page. Good to have the option of 3 or 4 central defenders mind you.

I didn't see anything much wrong with Page's defending but whenever I saw him he tended to be more 'route one' in terms of distribution, whereas Young or Martin instinctively look to ping the ball around. It was maybe deliberate instructions from JJ though - bring him in and show the young lads how to be more decisive under pressure.

Our strength isn't in defence, but if your wanting to win a league you would rather be stronger going forward anyway.

I think that's in the Pars' DNA - never mind all the defensive bollocks! Page, Buchanan, Martin, Young - blah blah. I think any combination would be okay but far from water tight so make sure we score plenty at the other end.

Even if we have still to add a big striker we've a pretty tasty selection of attackers.

Glorious kit. Geggan modelling it makes it even moree sexy. Hopefully the full strip has black shorts and white socks with red in it, will look smart as fook.

Last Pars shirt I actually bought was the 125th anniversary one that we used in the title-winning season. Will be getting this one though. Also impressed with the way the club have promoted the new kit on social media. They've stepped up their game big time on that front in the past few months.

Can only agree with this. Excellent work to promote the kit.