Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Was a good night with plenty laughs shared. Could feel the emotion in the place when Joe got his award and was close to tears myself, superb gesture for a great servant of the Pars. Moore was funny and speaks total rapid, his repeat of the dive against Airdrie was hilarious. Jackie was also in good form with some cracking stories of how being a youth player used to be, painting the terracing, cleaning cars and washing dishes. Felt a little sorry for Bingo as he never got to speak a word the whole night.

Poet: is the MacNamara / McLean thing a relic from Falkirk days together, or more recent?

Unsure. It was rather cutting to be honest. He was talking about the young players at United and said he wasn't being forced to play them. He said "We were in the Scottish Cup semi-final last season and I had the choice of a 29-year-old in Brian McLean but I trusted the 16-year-old (John Souttar) more"

Was along those lines anyway. Certainly seemed a personal issue as he could have easily praised Souttar without mentioning he trusted him more than McLean.

As Professor Farnsworth would say; "Good news everybody!"

Scully has impressed in every game I've seen him, except the Airdrie game, which is because he had almost nothing to do (Goodfellow did have to make a decent save in the second half when our defence thought it would be fun to give Airdrie a chance by gifting them the ball).

If possible I'd like to see us sign Scully on a permanent basis, although I realise the finances are exceptionally tight. Which is why I said 'if possible'.

Starting to get a bit annoyed at some of our fans always crying about the away supports at East End and calling them 'shit', 'pathetic' etc. What are they expecting? For the fanbase teams have, the supports I've seen at East End have been decent. In terms of percentage of their home crowds, the away supports I've seen at East End have been the same as our away support. Where do people think these magic extra fans will come from? Or do they somehow expect that teams will bring their entire home support?!

I've not really seen much of it on here. It's mainly been on Facebook groups I've seen it.

Also can we please stop with the 'this young team' stuff. It's actually pretty cringeworthy. You'd have thought that we were the first team to take the novel approach of playing younger players, or that we have the youngest team around, or that we don't have quite a few experienced players in our team.

That is all.

Surprised to see him getting positive reviews. I'd imagine he'll be available of a free at the end of the season.

Don't think he will at all. We invested in renewing his contract for this season despite knowing that he would spend the majority of it away from the club. Would be a bizarre waste of money if we were to release him. Whether he wants to stay with us to compete with Fox and Gallacher after experiencing first-team football and being Dunfermline's first choice goalkeeper this season however is another matter.

Good to hear he's doing well. Definitely talented but he had a few kinks in his game which were only going to be ironed out through the pressures of playing competitive first-team football.

Starting to get a bit annoyed at some of our fans always crying about the away supports at East End and calling them 'shit', 'pathetic' etc. What are they expecting? For the fanbase teams have, the supports I've seen at East End have been decent. In terms of percentage of their home crowds, the away supports I've seen at East End have been the same as our away support. Where do people think these magic extra fans will come from? Or do they somehow expect that teams will bring their entire home support?!

I've not really seen much of it on here. It's mainly been on Facebook groups I've seen it.

Also can we please stop with the 'this young team' stuff. It's actually pretty cringeworthy. You'd have thought that we were the first team to take the novel approach of playing younger players, or that we have the youngest team around, or that we don't have quite a few experienced players in our team.

That is all.

Been a while since one of your rants...

On the away fans point, I agree to an extent, we can't really expect much more than the amount that have turned up so far. But it is frustrating when so few people are in the away end.

On the young team point you are completely wrong. Experienced players? Geggan probably counts but that's it barring potter and dargo. Yes we aren't the first team to do so, and no they aren't the youngest side ever, but they are young, and they don't have the 2-3 older players to help them that the likes of Falkirk and Hamilton put out.