Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I wouldn't be concerned about the result last night, just about the fact that you seem to be a fair way off having a team ready to start the season.

Understandable in the circumstances, of course, but no less a problem for that.

Was definitely a Ryan Thomson goal, not an O.G.

Onto the team that played,

Smith - should just go, was shocking in goals.

Branson - for a teenager looked very impressive, was vocal etc. Made a few mistakes but perfectly understandable.

Geggan - was acceptable at right back and would be good cover for McMillan.

Potter - dominated the back and really looked to be helping Branson out positionally.

O' Holloran - or whatever his puss is called, another to get rid of. Worse than Boyle first half but improved slightly 2nd half.

Kane - Very composed on the ball and spread play well but gave the ball away far too often. Will get better when he gets used to the team.

Falkingham - Same style of box to box midfielder as Thomson except better on the ball and without the physical presence, looked good.

Thomson - Played very well, played higher up than usual and did what was required off of him. Good positional awareness between him and Willis for his goal.

Willis - Played well and never lost a header.

Wallace - Similar to Buchannan but has more pace.

Kirk - Played some good link up play with Wallace, Willis and Thomson.

Murray - Not impressed at all.

Burns - Improved as 2nd half went on but was still pretty poor.

Keeper in 2nd Half - Much better than Smith but his positioning was embarrassing to watch.

Whittle - Very impressed, pacey, skillful and put in a few unexpected crosses which put the defence in chaos mode. This lad is definitely going to become a fans favorite. Jo Who?

Kyle - Clearly unfit but what a complete machine of a man, watching players literally bounce off him was quite amusing.

Byrne - Impressed me, looks technically good.

We played a sort of skewered 4-4-2 formation in the first with Willis on the right and no left winger fr some reason.

Nah, Thomson got nowhere near it.

Really? Will ask Groovy to look over the Video's.

Was it just me or were East Fife throwing themselves about a fair bit? One straight red and a few yellow's would have been shown but I think Durie and Jeffries asked if they could keep the gave 11 a-side

Wardlaw would probably have been off in a normal game, yeah. I was a bit surprised the ref didn't ask for him to be subbed right away.

Incidentally, did Scott McBride ever play a first team game for the Pars? If so he's joining Steve Crawford et al as a player to have played for all four Fife clubs.

It was definitely an OG.

As for the game, we lost to them the season we got promoted so i'm not too concerned even although we were pretty awful. On a lighter note though, Kevin Kyle is a tank and Alex Whittle is Messi so onwards and upwards!

Wardlaw would probably have been off in a normal game, yeah. I was a bit surprised the ref didn't ask for him to be subbed right away.

Incidentally, did Scott McBride ever play a first team game for the Pars? If so he's joining Steve Crawford et al as a player to have played for all four Fife clubs.

The ever reliable Soccerbase says he made two league appearances for us.

Absolutely disgusting result. Get Jefferies out immediately.

And be replaced by who exactly...

Give him a chance!!

He has had one helluva roller-coaster start to the Season what with not knowing who to sign with what league we would be playing!

As far as im concerned, with all that has gone on, he is a perfect candidate for who we are and where we are!!

Give him a chance!!

He has had one helluva roller-coaster start to the Season what with not knowing who to sign with what league we would be playing!

As far as im concerned, with all that has gone on, he is a perfect candidate for who we are and where we are!!

Oh dear.

Was definitely a Ryan Thomson goal, not an O.G.

Onto the team that played,

Smith - should just go, was shocking in goals.

Branson - for a teenager looked very impressive, was vocal etc. Made a few mistakes but perfectly understandable.

Geggan - was acceptable at right back and would be good cover for McMillan.

Potter - dominated the back and really looked to be helping Branson out positionally.

O' Holloran - or whatever his puss is called, another to get rid of. Worse than Boyle first half but improved slightly 2nd half.

Kane - Very composed on the ball and spread play well but gave the ball away far too often. Will get better when he gets used to the team.

Falkingham - Same style of box to box midfielder as Thomson except better on the ball and without the physical presence, looked good.

Thomson - Played very well, played higher up than usual and did what was required off of him. Good positional awareness between him and Willis for his goal.

Willis - Played well and never lost a header.

Wallace - Similar to Buchannan but has more pace.

Kirk - Played some good link up play with Wallace, Willis and Thomson.

Murray - Not impressed at all.

Burns - Improved as 2nd half went on but was still pretty poor.

Keeper in 2nd Half - Much better than Smith but his positioning was embarrassing to watch.

Whittle - Very impressed, pacey, skillful and put in a few unexpected crosses which put the defence in chaos mode. This lad is definitely going to become a fans favorite. Jo Who?

Kyle - Clearly unfit but what a complete machine of a man, watching players literally bounce off him was quite amusing.

Byrne - Impressed me, looks technically good.

We played a sort of skewered 4-4-2 formation in the first with Willis on the right and no left winger fr some reason.

Was an O.G, and Willis is poor.

The ever reliable Soccerbase says he made two league appearances for us.

I think I remember him playing one game.

Give him a chance!!

Too right, neeber. Jimmy is very harsh in his statement, we need to give Jefferies a chance.

Give him a chance!!

Get him telt mate, need to get rid of this negative attitude!