Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I remember almost a year ago, being slightly peeved off that we'd missed out on Paul Burns.

From reactions of Pars fans on here, seems like we dodged a bullet.

He's brilliant, you should try again this summer.

Please :(

Dowie, like Baracus said, was part of our defence this season. The number of times he lost his man for goals was terrifying.

And Gallacher was no better than Smith, infact, I'd get rid of the pair of them if possible

I remember almost a year ago, being slightly peeved off that we'd missed out on Paul Burns.

From reactions of Pars fans on here, seems like we dodged a bullet.

You can fucking have him. We'll chuck in Smith, Potter and Keddie in there too.

And Gallacher was no better than Smith, infact, I'd get rid of the pair of them if possible

You fishing ?

I can only remember 3 Gallacher errors off the top of my head(2 goals in the home game v Inverness and hitting the ball off Keddie). I've lost count of Smith's.

If it wasn't for Gallacher in the early part of the season, the doings we got would have been even worse and we wouldn't have won at St.Johnstone or Dundee United.

The thing with dowie is that with his errors, he tends to be so far out of position that he's no longer involved with play. Going missing makes it easier not to perceive him as at fault. With Keddie's howlers, he at least tends be near the ball (even if he is just sweeping it into his own net). Dowie is better on the ball, keddies is a better defender though. Neither player has been good enough.

Folk on .net think yous are aw c***s surprisingly....

What a shock. I actually know many people on there and they're sound, but it cannot be denied that it's where the utter cretins in our support go to post. And they take it so seriously. I used to post on there, but then left as it was just a waste of time. True, there are roasters here too, but they tend to be other fans on the oh so hilarious 'wind up'.

Anyway, back to the issues. Gallacher was brilliant in the first game of the season and had quite a few decent games after. I count on the fingers of an amputee the number of good games The Sieve has had.

And no one can convince me that Dowie has been good. I've seen quite a few games and hear from mates at the games that he's rank. And of course he is a member of that defence so much shoulder his part of the blame. Clearly he's not as bad as The Scream or Stone Cold or Potter, but he still isn't good enough.

Anyway, will be interested to see who we bring in. I really have no idea. I don't think Negatron (yes, I realise the irony of me calling him that) will be able to sign his usual type of duds as he won't have the budget.

So today may be the day where we find out who will be leaving the club.

Hopefully we can finally wave goodbye to Chris Smith and hope that another First Division side is stupid enough to sign him up.

Unsure whether it will happen today actually. :unsure:

Edited by Parscelona

Dowie, like Baracus said, was part of our defence this season. The number of times he lost his man for goals was terrifying.

YBhC2.jpg

Do we actually know that it will be today? I thought it was the Board meeting today to discuss budgets and JJ will be informing players of what's happening Thursday/Friday.

They've somehow all convinced each other over at .net that Dowie has been decent and reliable. He's utter pish and I hope the fucking waster goes ASAP.

Anyway, I believe Poet has it correct re contracts, but nothing solid on the club website. What I do like on the club website however is that rather heavy hint that McCann is getting told to bolt. In an article (http://www.dafc.co.uk/articles/20120514/ozzies-dream-is-a-nightmare_2207955_2772566) there is a line that reads:

"After 149 appearances for the Pars, the first half against Hibs could end up being the 32 year old's last for Dunfermline."

I hope it is. Indeed I hope the entire defence, with the exception of McMillan, is punted.

I hope it is. Indeed I hope the entire defence, with the exception of McMillan, is punted.

Agreed. Boyle,Ozzie, Dowie and Keddie are shocking. Rusty is capable but never plays so should get punted. McMillan is the only positive this season along with Kirk, Willis and Thomson