Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I'd be worried/sceptical/raging if we were going to be absolutely reliant on him this season.

We're not though.

So I'm not.

So neither should fans of other clubs.

The opposition fans should keep their powder dry for our new strikers. Nicky Clark scored an awful lot of goals (2/3 against part timers but they all count) and a quarter of all our goals. He got us the goals to dig us out of a rut (mainly because him and McManus went about 6 or 7 games without scoring).

AJ never subbed him or dropped him so he's out of his comfort zone now without Clark. Replacing the Magnificent Moroccan Prince with Gap Toothed Gav was a very poor call so the pressure is on him to find a new striker that he trusts.  

Our goal difference, goals scored and conceded was almost identical to St Mirren's. The points difference was because we pump diddies better than anyone yet freeze against Dundee Utd. With a higher class of diddy we have too not only replace Clark but upgrade on him. Basically we just need to sign El Bak and then the rest of the league is proper fucked. 

Which, if he still wants to play regular first team football on more wages than any team a lower division can offer, is looking like precisely the reason he signed for you guys. 

1. Doesn't necessarily mean he wants regular football at all. 2. Still a significant pay cut from his United wage. Quite why folk are thinking he'll be a key first team player earning megabucks is bizarre.

49 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

1. Doesn't necessarily mean he wants regular football at all. 2. Still a significant pay cut from his United wage. Quite why folk are thinking he'll be a key first team player earning megabucks is bizarre.

So do you think he has dropped his wages to sit on the bench at dunfermline? 

Yes. That’s exactly what’s happened. He’s accepted a deal, on less money than he was on at United, and will provide cover for our midfield.

Willo said in his interview, he was only offered a coaching role at United, but he wanted to keep playing. That doesn’t mean he expects to start every week.

I think he'll end up playing more or less every week. Tenacity is what we have probably lacked most of over the past couple of season, and that's pretty much all Flood's game is.

The way AJ talked in an interview last night I wouldn't be overly surprised if he was to take over the vacant club captaincy.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

Absolutely. He wasn't exactly in demand at the level he thinks he can play at, has admitted himself that he wants to keep playing rather than start coaching full time and is at a club which traditionally pays lower wages than the club that he left (crazy Masterton era apart). I mean, I could try and add diagrams and charts but it's not the hardest thing to understand (or at least I didn't think so)

19 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
2 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Absolutely. He wasn't exactly in demand at the level he thinks he can play at, has admitted himself that he wants to keep playing rather than start coaching full time and is at a club which traditionally pays lower wages than the club that he left (crazy Masterton era apart). I mean, I could try and add diagrams and charts but it's not the hardest thing to understand (or at least I didn't think so)

So he wants to keep playing but has chose to go to a team where he will be on the bench? 

2 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I agree and have always assumed the same.

However, from about a minute onwards...

:lol:

Beating clubs off with a shitty stick, for Willo Flood! Mind you, the interviewer has got it bang on with this signing "a bit of a Coo". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by kiddy

18 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

I'd lower your expectations quite a bit if you're planning on hanging around.

Says the man who's never off this thread.  Feel free to keep posting though. 

Still discussing Flood I see, which is fine by me.

Most Pars fans are aware of the circumstances in which the guy has been signed under.

They're aware of how he is likely to fit into the team and what his attributes will offer the team.

Most of all it's a positive piece of business for us and it's really onto the next signing.

Still potentially 4 or 5 signings to go and the team is taking shape so lots to be positive about.

So he wants to keep playing but has chose to go to a team where he will be on the bench? 
Wow, maybe it is more difficult than I thought. He could have went to a lower league where he'd be a regular starter. He thought he could still do a job in this league so decided to join a club where he may not okay as regularly but will be a useful member of the squad. He's likely to start some games, and sit on the bench for others. For others he may might not even be in the matchday squad. Football is a squad game and he seems happy to be a squad player.

20 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Wow, maybe it is more difficult than I thought. He could have went to a lower league where he'd be a regular starter. He thought he could still do a job in this league so decided to join a club where he may not okay as regularly but will be a useful member of the squad. He's likely to start some games, and sit on the bench for others. For others he may might not even be in the matchday squad. Football is a squad game and he seems happy to be a squad player.

AJ stated he'll have his chance the same as the rest of the squad, so that sounds pretty sensible.

40 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

That's all I was asking, so he thinks he can still do a job but has had no guarantees of starting, so it's more down to him wanting to sign and try and earn his place and dunfermline taking a punt on him rather than him being actively sought after. Or quite the 'coup' as has been suggested.