Walking Down The Halbeath Road

12 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

First we take your best defender, midfielder and striker. Now we punt you two our rejects and are now taking a boy on trial you were away to signemoji28.png

Know your place Dunfermline, pants pulled right down

Buzzing to have signed players from a club that barely landed a glove on you last season.

15 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Offered more than what? The wage he had been on for the past 2 seasons or the token offer Utd may have offered him moving forward?

Not necessarily the wage but a more attractive offer whether monetary or otherwise. 

8 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

The choices seemed to be coaching only at Dundee United, dropping down a league to join Airdrie or the Rovers or becoming a squad player at East End. All of these will have necessitated a significant cut in pay I would think.

Which, if he still wants to play regular first team football on more wages than any team a lower division can offer, is looking like precisely the reason he signed for you guys. 

29 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

The choices seemed to be coaching only at Dundee United, dropping down a league to join Airdrie or the Rovers or becoming a squad player at East End. All of these will have necessitated a significant cut in pay I would think.

Willo was offered a player-coach position but on the understanding that he wouldn't be a regular starter. It's pretty obvious why he's agreed to join Dunfermline. 

10 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Not according to Willo...

Fair enough. That's not how it was reported when he left United.

Edit: Maybe that's just the reports I read, tbf. Anyway, good luck to him. Without a doubt the hardest working, most committed player I've seen at United for at least the last five years, maybe more.

Edited by Pull My Strings

12 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

First we take your best defender, midfielder and striker. Now we punt you two our rejects and are now taking a boy on trial you were away to signemoji28.png

Know your place Dunfermline, pants pulled right down

Don't remember Ashcroft and Beadling signing for Utd. Clark I'll give you. Who have you taken on trial that we were going to sign?

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Totally understand that and it felt a bit like AJ was being guilty of that with some of his signings (talking about adding quality but appearing to sign quantity). I just think it's a bit different with Flood as we'll likely have a fair number of guys aged around 20-22 so having someone who has played a fair bit at a higher level around them could be a good influence. Higgy is probably the only player approaching 30 and he's maybe not someone you want guiding the youngsters!

We signed Mark Kerr from QOS when he was 33 and went on to have a great season or 2 with us. I just hope we sign a few experienced Scottish players to go with all the young players from down South. I do have to admit though I wouldn't have been happy if we signed Flood, just my opinion but he did look done the times I have seen him lately. Maybe having young players round about him will help in that respect though. 

Mark Kerr was a quality player who was still very capable at our level and a lot of QoS fans were rightly disappointed to see him leave as he clearly had a bit more to give.

Flood looked done last season so I'd be sceptical he's suddenly going to hit form now.