Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Jesus fucking Christ do some of you actually think Flood is on more money now than at United? Dearie me.

He was offered a coaching role at United by a manager he hates & knows will be gone by Bonfire night. Probably wasn't that big a decision to make, even if he's a squad player for us.

I don't know what will be more enjoyable this season.........United finishing at least 15 points behind Ross County or Falkirk cementing 8th place again on match day 35.

Aird turned down our contract offer to sign for United because they offered more money, yet somehow we're paying more for Flood than United did.

Sound logic from folk who definitely aren't trying too hard

Dunfermline signing Flood reminds me of Houston signing John Rankin, although to be fair he was brought in to replace Will Vaulks so that added to the seethe.

Flood isn't great but if Dunfermline have a young midfield then he will be a useful addition even if it's just on the training field. There is no way he will be on the same wage as he was at Dundee Utd. 

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aird turned down our contract offer to sign for United because they offered more money, yet somehow we're paying more for Flood than United did.

If the late @Jimmy85 was still with us he would point out how needy the Falkirk fans are being in here. Their manager hasn’t even heard of the guys his HR boy is signing so they come in here seeking that buzz of interaction that comes from new signings.

1 minute ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Dunfermline signing Flood reminds me of Houston signing John Rankin, although to be fair he was brought in to replace Will Vaulks so that added to the seethe.

Flood isn't great but if Dunfermline have a young midfield then he will be a useful addition even if it's just on the training field. There is no way he will be on the same wage as he was at Dundee Utd. 

Stop being so sensible. You need to litter your post with more accusations of us overspending on him, him being shite and no better than the various other midfielders we released who couldn’t get a game. And more emojis. They add a sense of authority. 

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's not hard to figure out. You wanted to keep Aird, United wanted him. So United offered him more to join them.

I've never said you were paying him more, I've said I'd be surprised if he's taken a big drop to stay in the same league.  United didn't want Flood, you guys did. That puts the power onto Flood to negotiate his terms, as you guys have come after him. It's not hard to reason out, is it?

9 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

For the Falkirk fans discussing the financial aspects of the deal, how much is he on?

Looking at it logically, he either turned down United because his offer was less or he would be used sparingly. For him to choose Dunfermline he was either offered more or told he will be a starter every week. There has to have been something more attractive about the dunfermline offer even though he looks even more miserable than usual in your press photos. 

5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Stop being so sensible. You need to litter your post with more accusations of us overspending on him, him being shite and no better than the various other midfielders we released who couldn’t get a game. And more emojis. They add a sense of authority. 

I think Falkirk fans think it's a poor signing after what Houston done to us the last few seasons. It just felt like we signed up any old player that was released from another Scottish team. 

We're going down a completely new route now, I have no idea how it will pan out but it is quite exciting signing players from down South rather than the usual Scottish players we signed during Houston's tenure. Time will tell!

I'm just incredibly sceptical about winning the league with players from the same league who couldn't win the league at other clubs. There's so much turnover between clubs and none of them seem to be going anywhere. That's pretty much what it's all about, so the way we are trying to do it may not work either, but I'd much rather we take the chance at looking outside the box of offcuts that everyone else is rummaging around it.

Let the seethe commence.

giphy.gif

37 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

I think Falkirk fans think it's a poor signing after what Houston done to us the last few seasons. It just felt like we signed up any old player that was released from another Scottish team. 

We're going down a completely new route now, I have no idea how it will pan out but it is quite exciting signing players from down South rather than the usual Scottish players we signed during Houston's tenure. Time will tell!

Totally understand that and it felt a bit like AJ was being guilty of that with some of his signings (talking about adding quality but appearing to sign quantity). I just think it's a bit different with Flood as we'll likely have a fair number of guys aged around 20-22 so having someone who has played a fair bit at a higher level around them could be a good influence. Higgy is probably the only player approaching 30 and he's maybe not someone you want guiding the youngsters!

55 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Looking at it logically, he either turned down United because his offer was less or he would be used sparingly. For him to choose Dunfermline he was either offered more or told he will be a starter every week. There has to have been something more attractive about the dunfermline offer even though he looks even more miserable than usual in your press photos. 

Surely the chance to play for THE massive club (copyright) with no debts is all that he needed.

11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
11 hours ago, Grant228 said:
Oaft. 

Gonna pray for u fam

11 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

First we take your best defender, midfielder and striker. Now we punt you two our rejects and are now taking a boy on trial you were away to signemoji28.png

Know your place Dunfermline, pants pulled right down

1 hour ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

You won't fit in with the rest of the Falkirk fans on here. 

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

On that train of thought our offer only needed to be more than the reduced terms that United were offering, or it could even be less but with the option that he'll actually have a coaching role. Absolutely no one kens. 

I doubt he'll be on mega bucks but he'll be on a decent wage, I reckon it'll be comparable/bit less than what Shiels was on, either way I'm still pretty comfortable with the signing. 

I thought a new day would herald a new dawn but it seems not.

Falkirk fans on here (with the exception of one) are just as stupid as yesterday.

Edited by da_no_1

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

Offered more than what? The wage he had been on for the past 2 seasons or the token offer Utd may have offered him moving forward?

First we take your best defender, midfielder and striker. Now we punt you two our rejects and are now taking a boy on trial you were away to sign[emoji28]

Know your place Dunfermline, pants pulled right down
When did these 2 first happen? As far as I know, Ashcroft signed a new contract. Maybe he me and Morris (who hasn't actually joined United yet)? Beadling signed up for 2 years too. Maybe he means the guy who had the most assists and was involved in the same number of goals as Lewis Morgan last season, but Higginbotham re-signed too. I guess he must mean inconsistent winger Fraser Aird. I'll give you Clark though. [emoji106]
Well Bob, good question, thanks for asking.

If you think for a moment he's taken a considerable pay cut to stay in the same division, then you are only fooling yourself. Clearly, pay levels won't be disclosed, so by all means keep rocking yourself to sleep telling yourself that hes not being well paid to warm your bench, but deep down you know its true.
The choices seemed to be coaching only at Dundee United, dropping down a league to join Airdrie or the Rovers or becoming a squad player at East End. All of these will have necessitated a significant cut in pay I would think.