Beadling
Thomson
Longridge

New striker or maybe Callum Smith
New striker or maybe Andy Ryan

Has Danny Devine been dropped already? 

Edited by Walter

2 minutes ago, Walter said:

He was never signed as a starter, he'll replace M'voto as our backup centre half. 

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Agreed. Some folk are furious about this. It's a one year deal. Midfield was a big weakness last season and the manager is addressing it. We now have at least 4 guys who can play in the centre of midfield.  Aside from his comical meltdown against Livingston, I thought folk were saying mainly positive things about him last season.

You'd have thought we'd signed a Clyde player going by many of the reactions.

Aye, this a thousand times. 

We never got the better of United once last season, and Flood was Uniteds best player everytime we played, as a back up centre midfielder I'm happy enough with it. 

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Has he ever given the ball away against us in our umpteen failed attempts to beat United? 

3 hours ago, JFPar said:

Can't see him starting much. Brings a bit of experience, done well whenever we played Utd.

3 hours ago, JFPar said:

I'd imagine Beadling and Thomson will be our midfield two, could be wrong. Not overly concerned about this, adds a bit of experience and always done well against us.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Craigen and Flood won't be our midfield though 

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Tbf Thomson and Beadling will be first names for the midfield. Willo I’d imagine will be used as a utility player to cover injuries/bring experience. Not a terrible signing tbh. Upgrade on Wedderburn and Paton imo.

2 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Don't really understand the outrage. A useful addition.

He's no a marquee signing and at his age will be a squad player, but a useful squad player.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Don't think he'll play much but still looked to be the best passer in the United team last season - in the play off game at East End everything was going through him - and he'll probably be a better option than Wedderburn if we need someone to come on with 10 minutes to play and keep the ball without losing a lead. Still a few positions we're weak in though.

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

Decent enough player with good experience. 

He'll do a job for us.

21 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

We never got the better of United once last season, and Flood was Uniteds best player everytime we played, as a back up centre midfielder I'm happy enough with it. 

We sign the standout player from the only team we couldn't beat last season as a bit of backup to our young midfielders. Seems reasonable enough. His signing has generated the same sort of response as last season's comedy signings Declan McManus (snapped up by the likely league winners) and Lee Robinson (custodian of the league's best defence) so folks can laugh away. 

He got sent off against Livi, which is fresh in peoples' minds and was playing when Falkirk battered United 6-1 so perhaps these extremes are skewing perceptions. Livi and Falkirk managed 0 wins  against us last season yet we manged 0 wins against United, largely due to us not getting close to Flood. Beadling would possibly have changed that but he was out injured for the playoffs. 

Pars still to make another 4 or even 5 signings and we've already got about 8 (IMO) starters of very decent quality and have replaced the fringe players with more experience and quality (eg Michael Paton out, Flood in). We're probably just one striker away from being a pretty decent team. 

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

We sign the standout player from the only team we couldn't beat last season as a bit of backup to our young midfielders. Seems reasonable enough. His signing has generated the same sort of response as last season's comedy signings Declan McManus (snapped up by the likely league winners) and Lee Robinson (custodian of the league's best defence) so folks can laugh away. 

He got sent off against Livi, which is fresh in peoples' minds and was playing when Falkirk battered United 6-1 so perhaps these extremes are skewing perceptions. Livi and Falkirk managed 0 wins  against us last season yet we manged 0 wins against United, largely due to us not getting close to Flood. Beadling would possibly have changed that but he was out injured for the playoffs. 

Pars still to make another 4 or even 5 signings and we've already got about 8 (IMO) starters of very decent quality and have replaced the fringe players with more experience and quality (eg Michael Paton out, Flood in). We're probably just one striker away from being a pretty decent team. 

Aye that sums it up, McManus, Robinson and especially Aird were horrifically mocked but they all turned out decent, I'm pretty confident Flood will do the same, he's a better squad player than Paton, Shiels or Wedderburn so it's an upgrade for me. 

Wonder if we would have got such comments had we, for instance, re-signed Nat, who is nowhere near as good, instead of signing Flood? The antics in the play-offs will be fresh in everyone's minds, but anytime I seen him he'd been tidy and was solid to get the ball from. Could also pick out some brilliant passes. 

Dunfermline fans defending spunking what's surely decent money on Willo Flood is probably worse than the actual signing, so kudos for that.

You'd all be laughing your tits off if Falkirk or anyone else in the division signed him but he's an astute bit of business for us?

I felt bad for the Rovers when he was linked there and now he rocks up at EEP :(

3 hours ago, smpar said:

I’m getting more and more convinced that Johnston will have us playing a 5-3-2.

Flood at wingback ?

The squad so far is certainly going towards the 5-5-0 Levein had as Scotland manager

One of my biggest embarrassments last season was Flood scoring from there against us. 

Im loving the fact that nearly every Par is attempting to turn it around to he was Utd's best player or he wont be starting, very much a lot of our fans re Longridge with him being a squad player if he re-signed for us, tho we will never know re Longridge with us, we will for sure find out if Flood was Utd's best player or a squad player for Dunf, I personally think he will be on a decent wedge, will be a starter and will probably lose the plot again.

I dreaded us signing Flood, I am pretty sure there were various clubs fans in this league with same thought, thank you 

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

, I personally think he will be on a decent wedge, will be a starter and will probably lose the plot again.

So you personally, a Falkirk fan, thinks it's the worst case scenario for Dunfermline? 

Well by f**k I'm glad I was sitting down for that revelation. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

So you personally, a Falkirk fan, thinks it's the worst case scenario for Dunfermline? 

Well by f**k I'm glad I was sitting down for that revelation. 

I hope you were sitting down for the pish that he was Utd's best player....

I'll need a week to stop laughing at that

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I hope you were sitting down for the pish that he was Utd's best player....

I'll need a week to stop laughing at that

I reckon I'm better judged to say how United played against Dunfermline TBH.