Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

No clue why Baracus is getting so worked up about the Faiss stuff. Just for clarification, it's mostly just wishful thinking. I'd love to see him back at EEP.

Thomson is a good signing IMO. Probably not a headline grabber but I like the look of him and Tommy Beadling in the middle.

Kind of want Piracy and Messiah to meet up and do a podcast.

Oh and Paul Burns :lol:

Thomson is way above Burns and Reilly great signing for Dunfermline .A box to box goalscoring midfielder will get at least 10 goals for you

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

I realise quite a lot.

Yes, they do trawl forums, just like supporters.

So your point is what exactly?

Like I advised, believe what you like, it's purely your prerogative. 

I'm only spreading a bit of potential hope for those who were fans of the wee magician. 

The associated complexities need to be ironed out I'd imagine. Lets hope it materialises.

I hope it happens

53 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Let’s be honest the spl was too much of a jump for him and he struggled physically. If he comes back to us it was the league he should have went to after league one. Hopefully he will learn it’s not just about money and go somewhere where he is idolised.

He's never played in the SPL

Johnston mentioned bringing in 4 or 5 this afternoon after signing Thompson. I'd agree we need a Center mid a striker and a winger, but I'd think the other places would also go to wide men as higgy is the only true winger in the squad as things stand, tho lawless and Thompson can also play there

Possibly a goalkeeper too if Murdoch will be out for a while. Would like to see Gill get a chance but I don’t think AJ thinks he’s ready judging by last season.

Here’s the squad atm

Lee Robinson - 1yr deal
Sean Murdoch - 1yr remaining
Cammy Gill - 1yr remaining 

Ryan Williamson - 1yr remaining 
Jackson Longridge - 2yr deal
Lewis Martin - 1yr deal
Lee Ashcroft - 2yr deal
Danny Devine - 2yr deal
Mark Durnan - 1yr deal

Tom Beadling - 2yr deal
Joe Thompson - 2yr deal
James Craigen 1yr deal
Kallum Higginbotham - 1yr Deal

Louis Longridge - 1yr deal
Andy Ryan - 1yr remaining
Callum Smith - 2yr remaining

Reserves 
Craig Burt - 1yr deal
Stuart Morrison - 1yr remaining 
Paul Allen - 1yr remaining
Brandon Luke - 1yr deal
Josh Robertson - 2yr deal
Lewis McCann - 2yr deal
Kieran Swanson - 2yr deal
Gregor Jordan - 2yr deal
Lewis Crosbie - 2yr deal 
Matthew Todd - 2yr deal

Weak areas

Experienced reserve keeper 

Right  back cover, Martin?

One central mid?

Only one true winger? Two more needed?

Proven goal scorer at this level to replace Clark. Diffficult.

Five players there. 

Fais, Vincent, Lawless, RB and Winger 2.

Will be exciting to see who comes in. Slowly but surely we are improving the squad so far.

Edited by D.A.F.C

5 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

No clue why Baracus is getting so worked up about the Faiss stuff. Just for clarification, it's mostly just wishful thinking. I'd love to see him back at EEP.

Thomson is a good signing IMO. Probably not a headline grabber but I like the look of him and Tommy Beadling in the middle.

Kind of want Piracy and Messiah to meet up and do a podcast.

Oh and Paul Burns :lol:

3 hours ago, Piracy said:

It's probably driven by boredom being honest. Same every close season.

Bit of speculation gets the hackles up and the opinions out there.  

One undisputed fact is that ''all fitbaw fans are arseholes' (quote: Dougie Dave).

Anonymity allows folk to get a bit mouthy and things get taken out of context. Not worth bothering about, unless it's personal of course.

I've no idea who Messiah is being honest. A podcast would be a great idea *cough*

Let's get it done.

Parental guidance: explicit content.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Higgy says he could have moved to a Premiership team but he loves the Pars. Looking forward to seeing him smash Aird and Clark.

Aye but he also said he thought last season was his best yet form wise :blink: Think he must've spent his summer break with Piracy ingesting Andy Todd bombs for breakfast if he believes that or about moving to the Premiership. 

That last sentence is fucking beautiful on the eyes though and got me riled up for next season starting! 

27 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

Aye but he also said he thought last season was his best yet form wise :blink: Think he must've spent his summer break with Piracy ingesting Andy Todd bombs for breakfast if he believes that or about moving to the Premiership. 

That last sentence is fucking beautiful on the eyes though and got me riled up for next season starting! 

He had a poor spell.

He attibuted it to him being badly affected by the death of a long time friend and mentor (can't remember exact details).

For me he does things sometimes technically that other team members aren't capable of.

He also sees opportunities regarding playing a ball into space that sometimes team members don't appreciate. 

Ryan Williamson has been developing an understanding with him and they can compliment each other well. 

On his game he is almost unstoppable and shear effort is 100%. However we've all  seen the other side with the wasted ball, taking on one too many etc.

I'm glad we've got guys in our squad that can excite our fans and rile opposition players. The game needs excitement, passion and flare.

On the Andy Todd bombs, never knew they existed till big Joe in Tappie Toories mentioned them before the United game in the play-off game at Tannadice.

I've yet to sample one of these cocktails and it maybe sometime before I do.

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, Piracy said:

He had a poor spell.

He attibuted it to him being badly affected by the death of a long time friend and mentor (can't remember exact details).

For me he does things sometimes technically that other team members aren't capable of.

He also sees opportunities regarding playing a ball into space that sometimes team members don't appreciate. 

Ryan Williamson has been developing an understanding with him and they can compliment each other well. 

On his game he is almost unstoppable and shear effort is 100%. However we've all  seen the other side with the wasted ball, taking on one too many etc.

I'm glad we've got guys in our squad that can excite our fans and rile opposition players. The game needs excitement, passion and flare.

On the Andy Todd bombs, never knew they existed till big Joe in Tappie Toories mentioned them before the United game in the play-off game at Tannadice.

I've yet to sample one of these cocktails and it maybe sometime before I do.

Would certainly rather have him in the squad than play against him and he wins a hell of a lot of balls in the air, some spring on him. I believe this might be close to his longest stint at a club up here so he obviously enjoys playing his football here which can only help a player.

I believe the Andy Todd bombs got punted a while back. Tasted like spicey piss but with a name like that you had to get them in! 

2 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

Would certainly rather have him in the squad than play against him and he wins a hell of a lot of balls in the air, some spring on him. I believe this might be close to his longest stint at a club up here so he obviously enjoys playing his football here which can only help a player.

I believe the Andy Todd bombs got punted a while back. Tasted like spicey piss but with a name like that you had to get them in! 

I'll decline absolutely on the alcohol front.

Higgy for POTY. First prediction for the coming season.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Get that 2nd d binned in Todd. Ffs!

This. Outrageous that folk can't spell the name of a club legend correctly.

Next they'll be talking about Norrie McCarthy or Bert Patton or Jock Steen or Stephen Simons.

Edited by DA Baracus