Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just now, Dennistoun Bairn said:

That away strip is just awful and you guys are right about the badge issue. The really annoying thing for me is a much more general point; here's yet another manufacturer that thinks because they're dealing with a "diddy" Scottish club that they can feck about with design with impunity.  You can bet they wouldn't dream of trying that sort of cheap look with Spurs. Or Wolves. Or Derby. Or ...etc etc. Don't buy it, that may send a message the manufacturer will understand. But on the other hand, they probably just won't give a fcuk. 

I don't think the manufacturer will have carte blanche to do what they like with the kit. It will either have come from the club or it will have been approved by the club from a short list of suggestions.

I don't mind the away strip, my only slight issue is the overly thick white hem on the sleeves.

Collars on football strips are very difficult to do correctly. They are either brilliant (Nike's France strip in 2014), or horrific like the one on the home strip. 

Andy Barrowman has had a good bit of involvement with our kits since he’s been working in a lead role with Joma, and we’ve had kits with more of an ‘individual’ design rather than one of the stock kits from their catalogue (see St Johnstone and Partick Thistle as examples). Anyone know if it was the same for the new kits?

30 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Not a fan of either tbh. Thought the away had to be distinctive from the home but they clash.

My thoughts too. Not sure either the home or away kit would be suitable to wear at Somerset.

AJ must be back around as he's doing an interview about Higgy. Dundee chairman and manager keen to offload a number of players. Could see one or two of them doing a job for us:
https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/neil-mccann-may-trim-his-dundee-squad-before-portugal-trip/

The team went back training yesterday, so of course the manager’s not on holiday.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

He's actually taking a cast of it. The club will be selling casts of all the players boabies in the club shop. They were going to do it last season but no one was strong enough to do M'Voto's. 

Alternative POV shot...

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, CalumDA said:

Personally witnessed Fais do a U-turn half way down the a92 about about 5 minutes after the kit was unveiled, no danger he’s signing now 

Sit tight.  Clubs been on this for some weeks.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Having the badge in full colour on the away strip would look daft

100% this, I'm a big fan of the badge being greyed out tbh, think it blends in well with the strip and as a whole I think it's one of our better away kits. I can remember us "Golding" the badge for the 99/00 kit, mixes it up a bit. It will have been the clubs decision to make the badge grey, 

My only drama with the kits is that I think they clash, if we can't wear our home kit against someone could we wear the away one? 

1 hour ago, P475 said:

Shame there's no newcomer modelling the new strips though. 

Hope to see another signing today. 

The photo shoot was done weeks ago, means that when we reveal the strips we can do it in a professional manner, we're not QoTS. 

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Not a fan of either tbh. Thought the away had to be distinctive from the home but they clash.

1 hour ago, Kitty_Boy said:

My thoughts too. Not sure either the home or away kit would be suitable to wear at Somerset.

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

My only drama with the kits is that I think they clash, if we can't wear our home kit against someone could we wear the away one? 

None of you saw Celtic's 3 kits last year then. All green forcing them to wear their 16/17 away kit when playing at Easter Road.