Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Confirmed at the supporters council that Aird had agreed a 2 year deal with us, but just before he was going to sign, went and agreed one with United.

Glad that AJ has agreed with me that Aird deserved a two year deal. 

Can't do anything about it, Dundee Utd are just able to spend more on wages than us. 

Anyone went along tonight willing to provide a wee rundown of what was said?

Edit - Looking on .net (credit to Buffy for the updates!) and apparently we've sold just over 1000 season tickets so far.

Potter and Sandy Clark will be staying as assistants to AJ.

Ross McArthur wondered how United can lose money every year but still improve their squad (Hint: They're cheating like we used to do Ross...)

On Faissal, AJ said he was "the best player I have worked with" and "would love" to have him back (Apparently this sounded like a no go...I'm guessing some detail has been left out)

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

I'd imagine they'll have a few more years yet of absolutely counting it before they are in massively dire straights. 

Congratulations to all those coming up from the Fife Academy aswell, hopefully one or two will push on. 

Folk can start a rumour on dot net if they want but why on earth would AJ not try and get Faissal back? He'd slot in like he'd never been away. Still under contract for a year but it's not as if he's a first pick at Dundee. Not sure how he'd work with Andy Ryan but McManus (if he re-signs) or Smith would be tailor-made to play alongside him. 

Is Faissal to you a genuine rumour that is doing the rounds?

I actually like him but his finishing when he's been given the chance as an all out striker has been absolutely atrocious so he's kind of been shunted out to the wing. I half worry he'll leave us and explode into goals though so a six-month loan, along with letting Vincent go, would be ideal for us I think!

5 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I actually like him but his finishing when he's been given the chance as an all out striker has been absolutely atrocious so he's kind of been shunted out to the wing. I half worry he'll leave us and explode into goals though so a six-month loan, along with letting Vincent go, would be ideal for us I think!

Attention seeker on .nut started a thread Monday saying he's signing this week and folk have been jumping on it like it's gospel. No surprise really: that website is genuinely bizarre. 

Betfred cup draw tonight at 6:30pm. Unless I’m missing something, we had to draw one of Hearts, Ross County, St Johnstone or Dundee. And 3 out of Brechin, Raith, Alloa, Arbroath, East Fife, Forfar, Montrose, Peterhead, Stirling Albion, Cowdenbeath, Cove and Elgin.

I’d take home games against Hearts and the wee team followed by Montrose and Arbroath away.

Away days at Hearts and Raith would be decent as well but a home game would be a nice early boost on income.

Glad we are having a U20 team looks like we are going to have pick of the Fife players with Raith East Fife and Cowden all having no money to contribute. with only 18 games a season I hope some of them can make an appearance in the first team soon enough I assume Luke and Morrison cant be too far off the bench. interesting hearing about United it seems an odd season to go Baws out to get up County will stroll the league with the amount of cash they are chucking around. The Faiss thing is classic .net cant see why Dundee would let him go unless Hartley gave him an amazing wage and they want it freed up.

Id like St Johnstone in the Betfred we've not played them for a few years and Stirling Albion and Cowdenbeath

Confirmed pre-season friendlies are from memory East Fife (A), Raith (A), ?? (H), Arbroath (A).

Delighted to get Beadling on a 2-year deal. Didn't expect him to re-sign at all so to win the race for his signature as well as tying him down to a longer-term deal is great business by the club. 

As has been said; AJ remaining for 2 more years isn't a bad thing: he has ultimately met the remit the past 3 seasons and deserves to remain at the helm. He has a hard task to maintain the steady improvements due to the league difficulty this campaign but I am sure he's thriving on that challenge. 

It was certainly another good meeting yesterday evening - as someone who volunteers as part of the School Tours at EEP, I know how much work behind-the-scenes goes into the community aspect of things and it is great to see the club bring recognised for it. 

Disappointing to see Clark away and to hear the news on Aird confirmed. It sounded as if AJ was annoyed by the way the situation was dealt with from his agent but I suppose that's modern day football. 

Both will be good signings for United.... Hopefully they aren't as successful as us next term. Our luck against them has to turn soon!

With a squad of 29 proposed, it looks as though we need another 10-12 players. Still a lot of deals to be concluded, but, I think we will need to patient again this summer before the squad is complete. 

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

At Hampden today for the tour. Pars on the original trophy twice. 1960 at the front.
They also had some programs and a 1960s top also an old floodlight bulb from eep.
Would recommend a visit.20180525_122440.jpg

The Hampden museum is brilliant. Definitely worth a visit as you say. Pretty sure they've got Roy Barry's shirt from one of the finals as well.

4 hours ago, harry94 said:

There's a thread on .net which was started as a windup, but it's viewed as a transfer that could happen, out the picture at dens, on a decent wage and AJ is a massive fan. As far as reliable sources go though? None to suggest it will actually happen. 

In less topical news, former player Jack de Gier has took over as NEC Nijmegen boss. He's done well the past few seasons, getting provincial Almere City to the Eerste Divisie play-offs two seasons in a row. Let's get a wee friendly arranged over in Holland.