Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, TheMessiah said:

He's gone now, be stunned if he hasn't posted in the United thread already.

Big loss, we need to find ourselves a 15+ goal a season striker, or I'd quite like to see us take a risk and use Smithy as first-choice next season, he's young, clearly got bags of ability, if not now, when?

If not, at least we have some tasty striker news incoming.

He was on their thread posting about Clark seconds after the original rumours started. He's a sad, sad man.

Anyway, big loss I feel. A positive is that I won't have to read about 'Clarke' any longer though.

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Not a single Dundee United player, unless you want to count Clark now. 

Surprised Williamson was omitted, but, looking a the formation, looks like they've went with 3 central defenders, 4 midfielders and 3 strikers. 

Just to add: very happy to see Ashcroft get in. Fully deserved. Got to be the best defender in the league. 

2 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

He's gone now, be stunned if he hasn't posted in the United thread already.

Big loss, we need to find ourselves a 15+ goal a season striker, or I'd quite like to see us take a risk and use Smithy as first-choice next season, he's young, clearly got bags of ability, if not now, when?

If not, at least we have some tasty striker news incoming.

I've got utter faith in Ryan to step up to the plate, I can see him bagging 12+ next season. My problem is I'm still not all that convinced by McManus, when he and Ryan played together they didn't look great. Is Smith up to the standard? 

Ryan, Smith and Faissal to be the dream team next season, beautiful. 

On Clark I'm dissapointed to see him go, great goalscorer and his ability to find space in the box was outstanding, how many of his goals were headers? Wish him all the best. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

I've got utter faith in Ryan to step up to the plate, I can see him bagging 12+ next season. My problem is I'm still not all that convinced by McManus, when he and Ryan played together they didn't look great. Is Smith up to the standard? 

Ryan, Smith and Faissal to be the dream team next season, beautiful. 

On Clark I'm dissapointed to see him go, great goalscorer and his ability to find space in the box was outstanding, how many of his goals were headers? Wish him all the best. 

Agreed, but the amount of chances I've seen him squander has been quite remarkable. He should be bagging 25+ the amount of chances he gets. He is very good at finding space and opening up defences. 

So, we have Andy Ryan and Callum Smith as our definite strikers at this moment. I would absolutely love to see us resign Fais, but I doubt it will happen. Andy Ryan has been a goal machine like Clark in League 1, but hasn't had much a chance in this league. I think he is more than capable of stepping up and getting us goals. 

I'm not 100% convinced Clark fits into United's current style of play as he's not going to score many dropping off as McDonald did and I'm not sure he's got the mobility to play as a lone striker. Maybe if Keatings gets fit they'll play them both but I think this is a strange move for both parties.

1 minute ago, TheMessiah said:

Where the f**k did the one on wiki with Williamson in it go then?

That's the PFA Team of the Year, voted for by other professionals. This one is the SPFL's own TotY, voted for by some guy called Craig Fowler. This from the article about the TotY:

"Clark makes it in ahead of Dundee United's Scott McDonald because Dunfermline supporters appreciated his hard running and enthusiasm in attack."

:lol:

3 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Was that not the PFA team of the year? This one is the SPFL team of the year. 

5 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I'm not 100% convinced Clark fits into United's current style of play as he's not going to score many dropping off as McDonald did and I'm not sure he's got the mobility to play as a lone striker. Maybe if Keatings gets fit they'll play them both but I think this is a strange move for both parties.

I'm not convinced Laszlo's brain operates on that high a plane. He probably signed Clark as he doesn't want to lose to Dumbarton again.

8 minutes ago, ExxyJj said:

That's the PFA Team of the Year, voted for by other professionals. This one is the SPFL's own TotY, voted for by some guy called Craig Fowler. This from the article about the TotY:

"Clark makes it in ahead of Dundee United's Scott McDonald because Dunfermline supporters appreciated his hard running and enthusiasm in attack."

:lol:

8 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Was that not the PFA team of the year? This one is the SPFL team of the year. 

Ah right, cheers.

That quote is class though

22 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

That was the PFA Scotland team of the season. This is the SPFL's own one. The PFA one is voted by the players. No idea who decides the SPFL one, possibly just the staffer who wrote the article.