Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Beadling on a 2 year deal is a cracking piece of business. 

Some roaster on DAFC.net claiming Faiss coming back, ain't going to happen, and if it does he'll have to improve his ability to remain consistent and improve on his application.

Not exactly set himself a higher standard at Dundee.

Interesting times ahead.

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Are PCA's watertight? His contact with us doesn't start until July so hopefully it doesn't get hijacked. 

5 hours ago, CallumPar said:

It’s effectively the same as any other contract of employment. If it has been signed, then it’s legally binding. The picture certainly has him with pen in hand, as if he’s signed a contract, and the announcement does say “signed” the contract, so I’d assume this has been signed.

It’s the equivalent of handing in your notice (whether it be one week, one month or three months) and signing a contract with a new employer, for a start date after your notice period has ended. Happens all the time.

Needs to google Richard Britain, IMO. 

What is this madness?

Someone from a wee club like St Johnstone commenting on a huge clubs page.

f**k me we have players turning down Sunderland to come to planet Pars. Be done with you Mr Random.

Cheers. Just when I saw he’s still a Sunderland player until end June I had visions of United offering him something better.

That extra year easily fends off such offers.

Needs to google Richard Britain, IMO. 

Didn’t Ross County pay St Johnstone a fee to re-register him? Or certainly there was something along the lines of terms being agreed between the clubs, for St Johnstone to cancel his contract - which certainly suggests he was contracted to St Johnstone...

56 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Didn’t Ross County pay St Johnstone a fee to re-register him? Or certainly there was something along the lines of terms being agreed between the clubs, for St Johnstone to cancel his contract - which certainly suggests he was contracted to St Johnstone...

He signed a PCA with us, before backing out the deal and re-signing with County. Argue semantics all you want, but a PCA is not binding. Celtic pulled out a PCA once when the player got injured.

Edited by RandomGuy.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He signed a PCA with us, before backing out the deal and re-signing with County. Argue semantics all you want, but a PCA is not binding. Celtic pulled out a PCA once when the player got injured.

Neither is any contract that, Britain signed a contract with St Johnstone, Ross County gave you some money and what do you know, he's a Ross County player! 

Shiting myself incase someone gives us money for Lee Ashcroft and he backs out his contract, phew. 

12 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Neither is any contract that, Britain signed a contract with St Johnstone, Ross County gave you some money and what do you know, he's a Ross County player! 

Shiting myself incase someone gives us money for Lee Ashcroft and he backs out his contract, phew. 

I assumed the talk was about a new signing, and not someone signing a new contract. 

My bad.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I assumed the talk was about a new signing, and not someone signing a new contract. 

My bad.

Now I feel bad. 

It is a new signing, and yes pre contracts aren't binding. However Britain isn't a very good example, you would have been better off saying Callum Elliot. 

I think considering he actively wanted to sign and from his interview seemed like he didn't seen it is the best possible place to be for him, I doubt we'll have to worry about that.

Still hopeful that the whole Aird and Clark thing is just an agent ploy for 2 year deals.

That being said, and I'll probably be fought with on this, I would have absolutely no problem with Cardle and Higgy being our wingers next season.

On their day both are superb, problem is they both can’t play to that level for an entire season. Higgy had personal problems and Cardle was at his peak until he got injured so it’s maybe a harsh judgement?

Aird came from nowhere and wasn’t looked upon as a good singing so maybe AJ can do it again with someone else? We’ve had great wingers since he took over. There has to be loads of wingers in England who can play to this level. 

8 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

A certain man by the name of Adam springs to mind........................

Would be the ibggest coup in the history of the championship though imo, even bigger than Dobbie

For a brief second, I thought you were referring to Charlie Adam. 

Thought it may be of interest to you all, I was listening to the Roker Report podcast last night with Sunderland's new owner Stewart Donald as the guest. His takeover of the club from Ellis Short went through yesterday and he was asked by the host if he was aware that Tom Beadling had been allowed to go to Dunfermline with no fee incoming, and SD said that he was aware that they'd lost Beadling and was very annoyed and frustrated that he was away. Seems Beadling was very highly rated at the club and if SD had his way, he'd still be a Sunderland player.

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Depends what you mean by binding. If you mean that it is a unique instrument, otherwise unknown to man which holds an obligant to the bargain come what may, until death, then no, it's not binding. If you mean legally, like any other contract, then yes, it's binding. Brittain entered into a contract with St Johnstone and then broke that contract.

Thought it may be of interest to you all, I was listening to the Roker Report podcast last night with Sunderland's new owner Stewart Donald as the guest. His takeover of the club from Ellis Short went through yesterday and he was asked by the host if he was aware that Tom Beadling had been allowed to go to Dunfermline with no fee incoming, and SD said that he was aware that they'd lost Beadling and was very annoyed and frustrated that he was away. Seems Beadling was very highly rated at the club and if SD had his way, he'd still be a Sunderland player.

Pleasing.