Walking Down The Halbeath Road

It's his agent that's been leaking his contract details to the record/sun/some red top. Hence why it came out earlier in the week he was to sign a 1 year deal with us, before it then emerging he's set to sign on for two at United. 

Hopefully his agent is just playing games in an effort to get us to offer a two year contract, hopefully. 

Although it’s a different scenario, in terms of how crucial he was to the team, I remember Faissal’s agent was constantly ‘leaking’ info to the press, hoping to attract big clubs. This is a common tactic that’s used. In Faissal’s case, it almost failed - Dundee got in touch, as he was on his way to East End (having not been paid in about 2 months by this time!) Sometimes, announcing that deals have been offered/terms agreed can attract other bidders, sometimes it means that clubs are put off bidding.

Agents generally get more money from a player moving club, than they do for the player signing on at his current club. That’s a big factor in the lack of loyalty players show these days.

Just now, CallumPar said:

Although it’s a different scenario, in terms of how crucial he was to the team, I remember Faissal’s agent was constantly ‘leaking’ info to the press, hoping to attract big clubs. This is a common tactic that’s used. In Faissal’s case, it almost failed - Dundee got in touch, as he was on his way to East End (having not been paid in about 2 months by this time!) Sometimes, announcing that deals have been offered/terms agreed can attract other bidders, sometimes it means that clubs are put off bidding.

Agents generally get more money from a player moving club, than they do for the player signing on at his current club. That’s a big factor in the lack of loyalty players show these days.

Aye, when I first got told how close Faiss was to signing on for another season it felt like a right kick in the stones. 

Regardless of how poor he's been at Dundee I'd welcome the bloke back with open arms. 

I'd rather we took on someone new than bring Faiss back. Not a great fan of returning players. Remember one exceptional season out of the years he's been here.

For one with so much potential he's not exactly set the heather on fire, apart from that on season with us. Did he ever pick up his winners medal?

1 minute ago, Piracy said:

I'd rather we took on someone new than bring Faiss back. Not a great fan of returning players. Remember one exceptional season out of the years he's been here.

For one with so much potential he's not exactly set the heather on fire, apart from that on season with us. Did he ever pick up his winners medal?

Don't talk shit about Faiss.

I'd rather just sign the best players avaliable tbh, I don't think any player we sign is going to see Dunfermline as the peak of there aspirations, I hope not anyway. Sibbald would suck his dad off through his gammy tooth to get a contract with Luton but I'm sure Falkirk fans will be hero worshiping him next season. 

Because Aird was really, really good for us? Because there was a chance that he would move this summer for f**k all? Why would him being on a contract matter, Ashcroft was already on a contract, one year deal for him? 
Where did I say that we'd offered Clark a 1 year deal? Again, try reading. 
Can Ashcroft move next summer to another team for nothing? I'll let you figure the rest of the answer out. 
The fact of the matter is, and it'll be the fourth time I've typed it for you, is that offering Aird, one of the best performers we had and a key part to our end of season revival a one year deal was a mistake, if we had offered him a two year deal and he'd moved for more money then that's fair enough(Again, I've said that a few times now) however just offering a one year contract was foolish, as you've grasped, we are capable of giving out two year contracts. 

Then how are his an Airds positions even remotely similar? 

If your unsure as to what I'm picking fault with, try reading. 

It's his agent that's been leaking his contract details to the record/sun/some red top. Hence why it came out earlier in the week he was to sign a 1 year deal with us, before it then emerging he's set to sign on for two at United. 

Hopefully his agent is just playing games in an effort to get us to offer a two year contract, hopefully. 

I've not answered your first question because it bears absolutely no relevance to Airds contract situation. Which is what this whole discussion is about. 

I suspect that's finally dawned on you which is why you've reverted to type with some cliché ridden post, try throwing in the word "seething" next time, there's a good lad. 

I'm alright. 
My understanding was that you've made a bit of a c**t of it, and rather than try and discuss the matter further you're instead now trying to paint me out to "be in a state",  you could definitely be bashing out a few more PnB clichés, I have faith you undoubtedly will. 

You’ve got yourself all worked up here over very little, you calmed down yet? All over offering a player a two year contract.

21 minutes ago, Trump said:

You’ve got yourself all worked up here over very little, you calmed down yet? All over offering a player a two year contract.

Absolute patter merchant on our hands here. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Grant228 said:
Been all downhill for "Sibbs" since then. 
Screenshot_20180518-220628.thumb.jpg.c78a2673f45750404213137e8625ecbc.jpg
images.jpeg.216a9aaba4ca267bb02cf21622c4cf0b.jpegIMG_1027.thumb.jpg.d28a317eec5ba906f25eaca7dc6c93c1.jpg.e901d495ebe046694c07d6bfec349720.jpg

U ok?

Think I'm in better nick than Sibbald at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Have you seen his posts today?

So needy.