Walking Down The Halbeath Road

There's been positional progress in the league this season.

We are in a good financial state due to prudent financial management.

Stadium is looking better and not forgetting the new gym and pitch both paid for.

We've just signed 3 key players, let 3 players go and have come close to resigning Aird. The Board and Manager are obviously working hard just now on our behalf whilst we all take a summer break. 

Cliche but it's true, we're on a journey here and we'll continue to progress.

Bags of stuff to be positive about.

13 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

There’s a promotion deal on right now too - sign Clark and you get a free @Hawk thrown in. Just in case you ever need reminding what a shite player and terrible human being Clark is.

Nowt like trying to deflect your pain and disappointed at losing your idle. New posters required for the bedroom walls for you and your sad mates.

Look on the bright side you'll be able to laugh at him when you play against Utd next season.

Shite news this morning that Utd are getting the Stephen's contract for next season.

We can only hope that Sammy and Steven Mill at least stay on or we'll be playing in front of hungry fans, no mascot and nobody to tell us when the emergency tone is about to be activated. For test purposes only.

21 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Seems a bit w**k that someone in the know told you something confidential and said it was ok to post it on a public forum. 

Also seems a bit like attention seeking.

You did read the bit where I said "I could tell anyone". The guy simply didn't want to be named. 

As for the irony of "you" claiming that anyone is attention seeking.... that's just hilarious 

The prodigal son has decided to go to a bigger more aspirational club!

Just shows where his and his fathers loyalties and ambitions are. Don't fret to much though you'll probably do better without him.

Edited by Hawk

5 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Just shows where his and his fathers loyalties and ambitions are. Don't fret to much though you'll probably do better without him.

I’m not sure signing Clark and Aird is that aspirational, unless their aspirations are to finish around 4th.

Let me get this straight, Nicky Clark has (reportedly) decided to move on. His contract was up and he was offered better terms elsewhere. This is not a player that came in and spouted some nonsense about loving the club, he’s someone that came in, to do his job - and did pretty well (37 goals in 2 years is a good record).

Why should we have an issue with him for this? Even more ridiculously, why should we have an issue with his dad? We offered him a contract. He got offered better terms elsewhere, and is likely to leave. Happens all the time in football. He’s got to look out for himself, Football is a short career. As for his dad, in his role as our assistant manager, he has to look out for the best interests of the club. He wouldn’t be doing his job, if the club offered more than we could afford, just to outbid other clubs to keep his son.

28 minutes ago, P475 said:

You did read the bit where I said "I could tell anyone". The guy simply didn't want to be named. 

As for the irony of "you" claiming that anyone is attention seeking.... that's just hilarious 

Why do you want to spout stuff that was in a private conversation online?

As for your second bit, please do elaborate

Splaine is away as well. Would have liked to have seen more of him. Hope he recovers from that horrible injury and gets himself a decent club.

Just now, Demented Zebra said:

Correct only this page. Not too bothered we are caught up in Ross replacement. 

I did say to you lot that Ross would be chucking his high quality knitwear into the crowd at the end of your last home game and got a hard time for it. 

Jim Duffy would be funny.

12 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

There's a difference between discussing transfer dealings and throwing a strop pointing fingers where there is no blame to be placed.

United can offer a longer contract with more money, if Clark and Aird choose to go then that's their choice, AJ can't force people to stay.

No strop being thrown, if we lose some players because other teams offer more money then that's fair, however losing players because we're only offering one year deals is poor, and plenty of blame can be apportioned for that. I think that's the third time I've posted that, it's definitely not a strop. 

We're perfectly capable of offering two year contracts. Where on earth did I say that AJ was to force them to stay? Do you even read posts? 

3 hours ago, Trump said:

If Clark, Aird and McManus aren’t 100% on staying, get them to fck. Get guys in who actually want to be there. You’ll be able to replace these guys no bother with much better players I’m sure anyway, it’s early days.

I'd rather just sign the best players avaliable tbh, I don't think any player we sign is going to see Dunfermline as the peak of there aspirations, I hope not anyway. Sibbald would suck his dad off through his gammy tooth to get a contract with Luton but I'm sure Falkirk fans will be hero worshiping him next season. 

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Why do you want to spout stuff that was in a private conversation online?

As for your second bit, please do elaborate

Why are you deliberately ignoring the bit where I say "I could tell anyone"? And in doing so you are proving the second part of my post about attention seeking. 

You're making a tit of yourself now.