Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Wouldn't agree with that at all tbh. 

He only confirmed us in the playoffs on the last day of the season, if we hadn't made it in he hopefully wouldn't have been offered a contract. 

Key players like Ashcroft, Clark and Aird should have been getting sounded out before that seing as it was fairly cut and dried that they would be kept. 

Unless the board take lead by offering contracts to players, can't fault johnston for contract offers to players when he didn't know his future

16 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Run along now. I’ve heard the Red Lion have released someone - Hartley will be straight in with a 2 year deal for them any time now. 

I know you are hurting but please don't lash out at Senor Bairn. Thanks x x

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I know you are hurting but please don't lash out at Senor Bairn. Thanks x x

The actual season is pish compared to this. We don’t even officially have a manager for next season and between you and me that pair of Rangers fanboys can spend all eternity being booted in the stones by Nat Wedderburn for all I care but it’s great to get raging about something. Makes you feel alive. 

2 hours ago, Adam101 said:

pretty much nothing AJ could do. 

Maybe offered him a two year deal? If Utd offer more wages then it's fair dinkum really, however he'd be a fucking maniac to accept a one year contract when there's a two year contract on the table somewhere else. 

2 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Shh, that'll get in the way of the collective pant-soiling.

Oh bore off, imagine discussing our transfer dealings eh? 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Maybe offered him a two year deal? If Utd offer more wages then it's fair dinkum really, however he'd be a fucking maniac to accept a one year contract when there's a two year contract on the table somewhere else. 

Oh bore off, imagine discussing our transfer dealings eh? 

There's a difference between discussing transfer dealings and throwing a strop pointing fingers where there is no blame to be placed.

United can offer a longer contract with more money, if Clark and Aird choose to go then that's their choice, AJ can't force people to stay.

1 minute ago, JamieStevenson said:

:lol: I'm feeling a bit more optimistic after watching AJ resurrect the "massive club" patter in his latest interview. That's what we like to hear. 

Brought a massive tear to my eye

#inajwetrust

This time last year we didn’t have Aird, McManus and others. It’ll be frustrating if/when we see current players being snapped up by other teams but AJ has an entire window to get the right players in, as well as signing a deal himself.

I’d rather keep Clark, McManus and Aird and the like but the reality with football is that if another club can offer them a bit more cash then there’s f**k all that can be done, apart from trying to get in earlier but even then we have no idea what kind of discussions have taken place before deals are released in the press and announced on social media etc.

There is absolutely no chance we'd be discussing deals early.

Before the final day of the season we weren't sure we'd even be in the playoffs or if AJ would be manager next season.

Before the playoffs we weren't sure we'd still be in the same league next season or when the current season would end.

Within a 2 weeks of our last game we've been discussing deals with everyone we want to retain.

To start those discussions at any of the times mentioned above would have been ridiculous.